Disney's The Lion King - Live Action (19 July 2019)

Rate it

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The Jungle Book director Jon Favreau to direct Disney’s new live-action-cgi-hybrid Lion King movie.

Last edited:
Disney aren't exactly very adventurous with their choice of director. It could almost work as a sequel!

Does live action mean realistic looking CGI? It's unlikely that Favreau will be marshalling a cast of actual animals...

Does live action mean realistic looking CGI? It's unlikely that Favreau will be marshalling a cast of actual animals...

No I'd say it'll be blokes wearing lion suits and such.. Of course it'll be CGI they can't train animals to speak, yet.

The Savanah you mean. And that will probably by CG'd too, like the environments in The Jungle Book.

I'm not against the idea of this per se, but it does seem like they are simply repeating The Jungle Book formula (same director too) and there's always the risk of it feeling complacent.

The Savanah you mean. And that will probably by CG'd too, like the environments in The Jungle Book.

I'm not against the idea of this per se, but it does seem like they are simply repeating The Jungle Book formula (same director too) and there's always the risk of it feeling complacent.

Yeah Savanna. With Elton John as a bespectacled animal, a zebra or something. He could say something funny like "Have you seen Gnomeo and Juliet yet? It's a live action masterpiece" before disappearing into the bush.

This was exactly the point I was making. It's not live action, merely another kind of animation.

This was exactly the point I was making. It's not live action, merely another kind of animation.

Kind of like Avatar, what % of that film was live action? Yet it's not known as an animation.

I guess there's a spectrum. There were [some]real sets, props and plenty of human actors though in Avatar. Say 30%? In The Jungle Book there was just Mowgli and a couple of tree branches for him to crouch on. 5%? There need be no live action element at all in The Lion King.

I agree it does raise the question of what constitutes 'animation'.

Jeff Nathanson will pen The Lion King's script, joining director Jon Favreau as part of the creative team.

Casts Donald Glover as Simba, James Earl Jones as Mufasa, reprising his role as the beloved father character he voiced in the 1994 animated original.

Disney Interested in Beyonce to voice Nala for Live Action Version

WhosWhoNala-1.jpg

……

C3ciBT8WYAM6cFs.jpg-small.jpeg

Dated July 19, 2019, taking the original Indy 5 date

Seth Rogen will voice the role of warthog Pumbaa, and Billy Eichner will tackle meerkat Timon.

Hugh Jackman is voicing Scar, I love Hugh, but I'm not 100% convinced, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
He might be awesome, he usually is to be fair!

EDIT: apparently it's a rumour and not official

Last edited:
Hugh Jackman is voicing Scar, I love Hugh, but I'm not 100% convinced, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
He might be awesome, he usually is to be fair!

EDIT: apparently it's a rumour and not official

Yeah that was a rumour as Chiwetel Ejiofor is in talks to voice Scar

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom