The Lion King DVD?

Steven

Senior Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
How come it is not on sale ANYWHERE, save for Amazon marketplace and Ebay? :confused: Checked find-dvd and the usual suspects. Is there something I don't know? Disney's doing? Don't feel like paying £20+ for a 13 year old film

How come it is not on sale ANYWHERE, save for Amazon marketplace and Ebay? :confused: Checked find-dvd and the usual suspects. Is there something I don't know? Disney's doing? Don't feel like paying £20+ for a 13 year old film

Happens a lot unfortunately.

Disney are the worst studio for doing it - they have the rather wretched practice of releasing films on home video formats and then putting them on moratorium not long after. :thumbsdow

Not sure why, as they'd make more money leaving them out there, but eBay or getting it used elsewhere will be your only chance of getting it ouside of an anniversary re-release or a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD release.

I have this on DVD...didn't realise it had been deleted..

yep they only release there dvds in a run of so many for so long once there gone it takes another couple years for it to be released

now its seems i would fetch a good price for my lion king set and aladin

Seems I may have to pony up £20 on Amazon marketplace then :( Knowing my luck, they'll announce a re-release next week!

I think they release them in limited waves, so they can always get latest release prices rather than ending up selling them for £4.99 in the bargain bin. We got Lion King when it came out at the end of 2003 as a two disc collector's version with two versions of the film (rather pointless extra song added to one) along with a cute Simba bean bag toy.

The next re-release of The Lion King on DVD is scheduled for 2010

Source?

Ive got this, but i am curious to know when is 'Jungle book' coming out?

For those interested 'Robin Hood' is coming out soon though

actually im wondering when the hi def versions will be released anyone know

btw the disney dvds can be found from small online retailers who may have stock left try one of the UK dvd price finder sites

May be worth trying instore at a Disney Store , You'll probably still pay £20 notes though

Well the local disney store had none so I paid £27 for it off amazon marketplace. wrington_dvd is the seller, excellent service, arrived within 2 days of ordering. Suppose its a little pricey but its my most favourite disney. Makes me cry everytime :D

Ive got this, but i am curious to know when is 'Jungle book' coming out?

Jungle book is due for release in October 2007.

Jungle book is due for release in October 2007.

Could be worth buying 'a few' as a future investment ;)

The last release also goes for silly money on ebay.
Might put mine on before word gets round

The Lion King 1,2 and 3 are available through Play.com HERE but they aint cheap :rolleyes:

£24 for Lion King!!

I bought mine for £8.94 at Asda a year or so back and have still never seen it. Still wrapped up even lol.

If only all DVD's appreciated in value like this:D

Those seem to be the same amazon marketplace sellers, but thanks anyway

And yes... if only all our discs tripled in value :D :rolleyes: It'll take some going for me to ever spend near 30 notes on a DVD film again!

I have the Reg 1 collectors gift set, very nice it is too.

good news about the Jungle book :thumbsup:

Dave.

Disney are masters at limited releases and the deleting DVDs - keeps the value high - we have the Lion King (R1 SE), Alladin (R1 SE) and Lady and the Tramp (R2 SE) - I guess some of these are worth their original RRP or even a bit more?

Stopped buying the 2d animations now as my lad refuses to watch them - only Pixar 3D will do and a bit of Aardman claymation :eek:

What?! Disney of days gone by created some of the best animation of all time. I have yet to see an animation (bar a few Studio Ghibli features) which has matched past Disney efforts in their storyline and beauty

Kids these days! *grumble* :D

What?! Disney of days gone by created some of the best animation of all time. I have yet to see an animation (bar a few Studio Ghibli features) which has matched past Disney efforts in their storyline and beauty

Kids these days! *grumble* :D
#

I agree, but my lad (almost 3) doesn't :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom