The Limey (Steven Soderbergh / Terence Stamp) France Blu-ray April 2019

IGC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oJ43s3D.jpg

https://www.dvdfr.com/dvd/f165686-anglais.html

Wow was expecting this classic! Not sure if it'll have forced French subtitles (not heard of the distributor Arcadès) so I'll be hanging off buying it until I hear.

[I realise this is a Steelbook but I think it's better in this part of the forum or nobody will ever read this thread]

k0DANPk.jpg

dLo1Bt5.jpg

For lovers of Soderbergh's Solaris there's a pretty impressive Germany Blu-ray (it's been released on 4 different editions) release review here I have the Futurepak steel case edition.

I can't see any evidence of Arcadès using forced subtitles so I'll take a chance on The Limey.

And just a reminder that his wonderful King of The Hill on Criterion has surely the best extra ever put on a Blu-ray: the almost forgotten The Underneath.

dLo1Bt5.jpg

For lovers of Soderbergh's Solaris there's a pretty impressive Germany Blu-ray (it's been released on 4 different editions) release review here I have the Futurepak steel case edition.

I can't see any evidence of Arcadès using forced subtitles so I'll take a chance on The Limey.

And just a reminder that his wonderful King of The Hill on Criterion has surely the best extra ever put on a Blu-ray: the almost forgotten The Underneath.
Yeah I got the first digibook release a while back and reviewed it here. Im pretty sure Cas reviewed it too.

Could do with a proper release to fix a couple of very slight transfer errors and a nice batch of extras would be welcome. A 4K transfer would be even more welcome!

No sign of The Limey yet and no new date of release added :(

NkaY8ek.jpg

Where's my fakin' Blu-ray you bastards?

Yeah, not sure what's happening was looking forward to it.

There's been a great transfer kicking around for a few years sourced from Canal+ in France I believe so I'm still hopeful we'll get a Blu-ray soon.

Modernism Meets Classicism

We're getting another chance of it at the end of the year from Germany:

oe1rMK5.jpg

Hopefully that's just an artist's dodgy photoshopping as mediabooks aren't normally so thick.

Bonusmaterial :
Trailer
Audiokommentare von Steven Soderbergh und Lem Dobbs
Audiokommentar mit Cast & Crew
Soundtrack-Spur

Interviews mit Cast & Crew

UPC: 4020628755096

https://shop.kochmedia.com/shop/de_AT/productdetail.html?fmt=plist&psize=12&entryPoint=FILM&page=0&text=1030424&id=1030424

www.jpc.de/jpcng/movie/detail/-/art/the-limey/hnum/9484009
www.amazon.de/dp/B07Y4KC5Y2/

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
FInally picked the French Steelbook release up with the UHD:

2.JPG

1.JPG

Looks very nice although not sure about the colour scheme I'll see when I watch it in full.

The Steelbook actually flips over so you have English on one side but I made my own case anyway to house old discs which have other extras.

From Amazon France?

Yup I took advantage of their €6.00 off offer if buying a gift card @ €50.00 -obviously sent it to myself :D

-€6.00 appears at checkout.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom