The Limey (Steven Soderbergh / Terence Stamp) France Blu-ray April 2019

IGC

Distinguished Member
oJ43s3D.jpg

https://www.dvdfr.com/dvd/f165686-anglais.html

Wow was expecting this classic! Not sure if it'll have forced French subtitles (not heard of the distributor Arcadès) so I'll be hanging off buying it until I hear.

[I realise this is a Steelbook but I think it's better in this part of the forum or nobody will ever read this thread]

k0DANPk.jpg

IGC

Distinguished Member
dLo1Bt5.jpg

For lovers of Soderbergh's Solaris there's a pretty impressive Germany Blu-ray (it's been released on 4 different editions) release review here I have the Futurepak steel case edition.

I can't see any evidence of Arcadès using forced subtitles so I'll take a chance on The Limey.

And just a reminder that his wonderful King of The Hill on Criterion has surely the best extra ever put on a Blu-ray: the almost forgotten The Underneath.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
dLo1Bt5.jpg

For lovers of Soderbergh's Solaris there's a pretty impressive Germany Blu-ray (it's been released on 4 different editions) release review here I have the Futurepak steel case edition.

I can't see any evidence of Arcadès using forced subtitles so I'll take a chance on The Limey.

And just a reminder that his wonderful King of The Hill on Criterion has surely the best extra ever put on a Blu-ray: the almost forgotten The Underneath.
Yeah I got the first digibook release a while back and reviewed it here. Im pretty sure Cas reviewed it too.

Could do with a proper release to fix a couple of very slight transfer errors and a nice batch of extras would be welcome. A 4K transfer would be even more welcome!

IGC

Distinguished Member
NkaY8ek.jpg

Where's my fakin' Blu-ray you bastards?

Yeah, not sure what's happening was looking forward to it.

There's been a great transfer kicking around for a few years sourced from Canal+ in France I believe so I'm still hopeful we'll get a Blu-ray soon.

Modernism Meets Classicism

IGC

Distinguished Member
We're getting another chance of it at the end of the year from Germany:

oe1rMK5.jpg

Hopefully that's just an artist's dodgy photoshopping as mediabooks aren't normally so thick.

Bonusmaterial :
Trailer
Audiokommentare von Steven Soderbergh und Lem Dobbs
Audiokommentar mit Cast & Crew
Soundtrack-Spur

Interviews mit Cast & Crew

UPC: 4020628755096

https://shop.kochmedia.com/shop/de_AT/productdetail.html?fmt=plist&psize=12&entryPoint=FILM&page=0&text=1030424&id=1030424

www.jpc.de/jpcng/movie/detail/-/art/the-limey/hnum/9484009
www.amazon.de/dp/B07Y4KC5Y2/

IGC

Distinguished Member
FInally picked the French Steelbook release up with the UHD:

2.JPG

1.JPG

Looks very nice although not sure about the colour scheme I'll see when I watch it in full.

The Steelbook actually flips over so you have English on one side but I made my own case anyway to house old discs which have other extras.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
From Amazon France?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom