1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Libertines....

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Zog, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Zog

Zog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Up The Bracket, has anybody heard this or can you point me in the direction of some trustworthy reviews?

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    cant help you with trustworthy, but NME had a free sampler cd last week and the Libertines had a track featured. It sounded pretty good, bit like blur meets the strokes.

3. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Hate the Libertines. They are an average pub level band hyped to high heaven by the NME so they can pretend they 'discovered' them. I saw them support the pistols and they were the worst band of the day. Yes, even worse than the pistols!

Also, some time ago, I heard a whisper about a record company despertate holding auditions to desperately try and manufacture a 'strokes' type band. Last I heard, was that they had a band and were busy manufacturing biographies for them. Then I heard nothing and, hey presto, The Libertines suddenly 'burst' onto the scene. I smell a rat.

4. Zog

Zog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the help........
    KRRK one of the most pre-contructed conspiracy theorys that I can recall !!!

5. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Its one of the reasons, that trustworthy and magazine dont quite go together. In regard to their live performance, many people said exactly the same about Nirvana. One of my mates went to see Nirvana at Leeds Town & Country, before they became really famous and he remarked 'they are crap, they wont go anywhere'
    and the same with the Beatles as I recall. Most bands take time to develop, but companies are putting them onto the market , greener than ever. The Libertines still sound more exciting than Audioslave.

6. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The thing that annoys me the most about bands like The Libertines getting hyped is that there are some fantastic bands out there at the moment that get no hype, cos they cannot be easily shoehorned in to whatever is currently trendy.

Seachange, The Kills (well, they have had a little hype), Garlic, even the hoary old Buff Medways are a lot more exciting to watch.