1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Libertines - Up The Bracket - reissued

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Nello, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You must buy this if you don't have it already.

The reissue version has 'What a Waster' added plus a few videos on a second disc.
    It's here if you want a look and it's only £10.

You won't get another album from this band which has the same ease and freeness about it without Pete Doherty. I now lament the many times I planned to see them and didn't get off my arse (wicked, wicked weed).

Poor old Pete Doherty has been sent down for 6 months in Wandsworth Prison (well done Judge, perfect place for him to get over his crack habit) and I fear he won't ever get back on board the good ship Albion with the rest of the boys.

Come on, get yer wallets out.

2. puddleduck

puddleduck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    CDWow have this for £8.99 (less if you use the various links in the Special Offers Forum)

Its OK, but I bought it alongside the British Sea Power album, which is getting a lot more play right now...

3. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, they're different types of bands though aren't they? i wasn't too keen on BSP when i checked it out, though i think i may give it another blast. is it along the lines of Billy Childish? he's got a new album out soon i think, always worth checking out.

4. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I'd stick with the BSP album, Nello. It's a grower ; took me a number of plays to get into. Similar to Interpol in many ways.

I picked up 'Up The Bracket' after seeing The Libertines put on a blistering live set earlier in the Summer (minus Pete ; kudos to guitar roadie who did a great job). The crowd were repeatedly chanting "we want Pete" ; god knows, how good the gig would have been like if he'd been there.

Good article on the Pete saga in this week's NME. Worth a read. Has a quote from Ian Brown saying he's never seen as much drugs as when he was in prison. Shame as it sounded like Pete had turned the darkest days around.

5. puddleduck

puddleduck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    You need to give the BSP album another spin Nello - after the first 3 tracks I was going "hmmmm??!" but it really picks up after that.

Will give "Up the Bracket" another go today as well....