The LG LM760T Smart Cinema 3D TV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

I have a lot of 3d .mkv content and use win7 with XBMC to play them, but they are terrible. If I connect the hdd directly to the 760t, then it is super, but the movies tend to be heavy, so it jutters. Any advice?

Guys,

I have a lot of 3d .mkv content and use win7 with XBMC to play them, but they are terrible. If I connect the hdd directly to the 760t, then it is super, but the movies tend to be heavy, so it jutters. Any advice?

you could try installing plex on the PC, adding your 3D movie directory, then viewing through the app on the TV

Hi!
Can anybody connect USB or HDD with 3d movie to 760 and look in 3d picture settings, does presets, like movie, standard and manual can switch? My only available option is manual. Does it have to be so, or is switch between presets available? As I remember before firmware update to latest, presets were available. I wanna only be sure. Can somebody check that out, please?
Thanks!

Hi Reins,

I checked and have the 760 with the latest firmware, you are correct. The only option is manual. As I unplug the powercord everynight, it looses its settings, so I have basically given up to adjust it again.
Gr
Mo

Hi!
Can anybody connect USB or HDD with 3d movie to 760 and look in 3d picture settings, does presets, like movie, standard and manual can switch? My only available option is manual. Does it have to be so, or is switch between presets available? As I remember before firmware update to latest, presets were available. I wanna only be sure. Can somebody check that out, please?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Mo!
Thanks a lot for checking. I already thinked that I screwed up something, when adjusted settings.
All the best!
Reins.

Hello and Merry Christmas!
I god my 760S (7600 or 760T in some countries) a few days ago and i'm experiencing a little issue with it.
The 3D World section is verry sluggish, with a lot of lag, practically sometimes i have to wait a couple of minutes on that "Loading" screen, and afterwards another couple of minutes to display the content, so it takes about 3-4 minutes to actually play some 3D content from it.

Other times (but not very often, though), it just works flawlessly.
I'm running the latest firmware version.
Any suggestions?

Before this, i had a 640S TV which worked just fine.

Hi
I have just bought the 760T and need advice with a couple of issues.
Is it possible to plug my iphone in the USB and play music? At the moment when i plug it in i can only get it to show photos.
Also i was under the impression i could wirelessly stream music from my PC to the TV using the nero media that came with the TV. The TV is not picking anything up though the nero software on the pc screen is seeing the TV. Does it need to be wired?
Apart from that the TV is great.
Slingy

Hi.
Question from me as well.. I have also just bought this set.
I haven't really done anything yet, except for turning down the backlight a bit. Mine has some lightbleed, but not too bad. So I guess I will keep it. Current backlight is at 71, which still is a little high i guess.
But, I tried to play my Wii U in Game mode last night, and I noticed that it was far more responsive than in other modes... but also, it was kinda blurry.. I played Super Mario, and the Mario character and other things in front of the screen got blurry when I moved fast... any ideas? The backgrounds in the game, which moved slower were fine.

Hello and Merry Christmas!
I god my 760S (7600 or 760T in some countries) a few days ago and i'm experiencing a little issue with it.
The 3D World section is verry sluggish, with a lot of lag, practically sometimes i have to wait a couple of minutes on that "Loading" screen, and afterwards another couple of minutes to display the content, so it takes about 3-4 minutes to actually play some 3D content from it.

Other times (but not very often, though), it just works flawlessly.
I'm running the latest firmware version.
Any suggestions?

Before this, i had a 640S TV which worked just fine.

Hi Weeezer,

I've had this same problem myself, sometimes it'll run content from 3D world seamlessly, other times it stop/starts whilst buffering. I think it's just down to demand on the servers at the supply end. I've also had similar problems when connecting to other LG apps. I think the only way around this is for LG, or their provider, to upgrade their end of the chain.

Andy

Hi Hamoa,

I've been running my Wii U on a 55LM760T over the last few days, and the picture is razor sharp using HDMI (chained through a Pioneer VSX922).

What are your settings? Have you calibrated the TV, and turned all picture processing off?

Andy

Hi.
Question from me as well.. I have also just bought this set.
I haven't really done anything yet, except for turning down the backlight a bit. Mine has some lightbleed, but not too bad. So I guess I will keep it. Current backlight is at 71, which still is a little high i guess.
But, I tried to play my Wii U in Game mode last night, and I noticed that it was far more responsive than in other modes... but also, it was kinda blurry.. I played Super Mario, and the Mario character and other things in front of the screen got blurry when I moved fast... any ideas? The backgrounds in the game, which moved slower were fine.

Hamoa

Im no expert but I would suggest as above, turn off the tru-motion as I found when I watched cricket with this on the ball was very blurry, had a big tracer from it, when it was smacked around.
PS I think I have solved my problem, I have installed Plex on my PC , so on the TV I then go to media link app and then can stream all my iTunes library both music and film from there, and it works, and sounds great through the 5.1 cinema system that came with the TV.

Hi what's the best setting for sky so I dnt get the judder on the football etc

I just got this tv today 55lm760t updated the firmware and done most settings to what's recommended on here , On game mode when on a black or dark screen I seem to get white light all 4 corners of the screen looks a bit poor , could someone help with what settings you have in game mode ie brightness and stuff , I have had a mess but unless I drop the backlight to 10 or bellow it don't go ,
big thanks in advance
:D

Maybe I'm being stupid, how do you update the firmware?

Hi, guys!
As the resident... uhh... "I.T. Guy" among my group of beer-swilling pals, I seem to be getting hit with a sudden influx of TV-related queries! Given that my own TV is a humongous lump of CRT Real Estate, with it's own postcode... I've been slowly picking up the LCD/LED TV Lingo... Heheh... But now, I gotta come looking for some help! My mate got himself one of these gorgeous creations just before Xmas. I can see that the recording facility allows the TV to record aired programs to an attached HDD/USB device, yeah? Well... what he is asking is... can this recording facility be utilised to allow him to transfer his old VHS home movies to disc? Or, if not through the "record" function, can the TV act as a transfer interface in any way?
Any suggestions gladly accepted! Ohh... and Happy New Year to you all!!!

Hi,

Can anyone help, I have the 42LM760T which can with the BH6620s Home Cinema system. All has been well with this but since getting some 3D Blu-Rays for Xmas when these are played the TV says that there is no input signal when they are playing on the Blu-Ray and it can be heard through the speakers.

I think this must be a TV issue rather than the Blu-Ray.

When playing non-3D Blu-Rays there is no issue about the playback and can be seen on TV

Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, not sure if this is the appropriate forum.
I own the 42LM760T and during the past 2 days I am unable to access 2 categories on iplayer (comedy and Scotland) Never had this problem before, I haven't changed anything or updated anything. Can anyone help?

I posted this in "iplayer not working" so not sure which category it is supposed to be in??
Thanks

Guys,

Have the 47lm760 and monday the LG repair guy is comming because I am fed up with the backlighting/clouding or whatever its called. Here in the Netherlands, the repair is done at home, they will exchange the pannel. I have made some pics in order to check with you and your experiences? I have the calibration settings as from flatpannelsHD and they are good for me, but am scared that a differrent pannel may be worse???

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Hi there,

Im in Belfast and am picking up from Divis transmitter. I have recently lost my HD channels ie 101-105. At first it said 'no signal' then i re-tuned and they are now completely gone. My dad still has the HD channels on his TV and he is receiving from the same transmitter so it isnt a transmitter issue. Anyone any ideas?

My current software version is 04.10.37 and i tried a software update but it tells me there isnt one. Do i need to download the update file from somewhere?

Also got myself a HDD so i could record- VERY disappointed I cant change channel whilst recording!!! What is with that???

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

Guys,

Have the 47lm760 and monday the LG repair guy is comming because I am fed up with the backlighting/clouding or whatever its called. Here in the Netherlands, the repair is done at home, they will exchange the pannel. I have made some pics in order to check with you and your experiences? I have the calibration settings as from flatpannelsHD and they are good for me, but am scared that a differrent pannel may be worse???

mine is the same love the set brought it from currys/pcworld been waiting for a phone call for a week to deliver me a new one just phoned them no stock now so giving me a refund dont know what else to go for :rolleyes:

Guys im off to currys/pcworld tomorrow to pick one or the other of these two 55" models up,what i want to know is the 760 worth the extra £300 over the 640.:confused:

I`ve looked at the specs of both and compared them side by side and i cant seem to see any differences apart from the MCi ratings,800 on the 760 and 400 on the 640.

Are there any other differences between the two sets,am i missing something,can anyone help me out before i set off tomorrow and possibly make the wrong choice...PLEASE HELP.:lease:

Hi Sandman,

FWIW, I think the 760 is well worth the extra cost, or at least it was when I purchased mine about 4wks ago.

Justifications (if Currys are still doing the deal), the extra £200 (as it cost me at the time) bought :-

*Extra 3D glasses for dual gaming, and I think another pair in addition to the basic package
*£20 of KnowHow film credit
*£50 of Acetrax credit (though I think you get that for any LG TV anyway)
*3D Blu-Ray player with Home Cinema speakers

And from my in-store viewing comparison, I found the souped up speed made 3D a lot sharper.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Guys im off to currys/pcworld tomorrow to pick one or the other of these two 55" models up,what i want to know is the 760 worth the extra £300 over the 640.:confused:

I`ve looked at the specs of both and compared them side by side and i cant seem to see any differences apart from the MCi ratings,800 on the 760 and 400 on the 640.

Are there any other differences between the two sets,am i missing something,can anyone help me out before i set off tomorrow and possibly make the wrong choice...PLEASE HELP.:lease:

Cheers for the info Andy;)

Well after about 20 mins wandering around currys/pc world in rotherham today looking at all that was on offer,i opted for the 760.:D

Its still in its box at home as i intend to tackle the setup tonight when the kids are in bed,i just hope its ok and i dont have any issues that some members seem to have had on the forum.:eek:

tbh there didnt seem that much in it between the 640 and the 760 on first viewing,but as i had already done my research over the past 3 weeks or so i just wanted to get it home.

I will take my time tonight mounting it on the wall and then sitting down to check it out,if anyone has any tips on setting it up for the first time then please dont be shy.:D:smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom