The LG LH3000 LCD Thread *Part 2*

i just got mine it says manufacter day february 2010 made in poland, i downgraded the firmware to 3.15 and went into the service menu in otion 1 it says.

Inch:32
Model:lh3000
maker:LGD

that means i got the ips panel i got lucky i gues. i switched the panel option to sharp and the tv got darker then i tried the MCI (mei chei) i gues and it stayed almost the same when i tried the AUO panel option the screen turned red with some white lines.
So im sure i got an ips panel i was tempted to switch the lh3000 option to lh 4000 or lh5000 but i got scared damaging my tv.
Then i enabled the usb mediaplayer and reflashed the firmware to the newest but it made me wonder if i choose the lh4000 or lh5000 option if the tv would act as a lh4k or lh5k model.

Hi there,

on my 42lg3000, i changed the default values for the color temperatures cool, medium, warm in the service menu (which i opened by pressing ok on tv and rc at the same time for a few seconds) without taking notes before. As the values are presettings, they cannot be restored by a reset to factory settings. So it would be nice, if somebody of you can take a look into the service menu of his/her tv and tell me the default values. Or is it possible to reset the settings some other way? My firmware is 3.51.1.

:lease:

Thank you, best regards,

Hi guys really need some help, im going crazy,
I have the 42LH3000 manufactured feb 2010(not sure which panel i have) i have noticed i have vertical lines on the screen, a large one in the middle and about five either side if the image is still(camera not moving etc) the pic looks fine but when the camera pans i can see the lines, its like motion blur but just with these lines, it does it on sky+hd, x-box etc and now i have noticed i keep looking for it and its really ruining my viewing, hope someone has an idea of what it is, thanks.:lease:

Hi guys really need some help, im going crazy,
I have the 42LH3000 manufactured feb 2010(not sure which panel i have) i have noticed i have vertical lines on the screen, a large one in the middle and about five either side if the image is still(camera not moving etc) the pic looks fine but when the camera pans i can see the lines, its like motion blur but just with these lines, it does it on sky+hd, x-box etc and now i have noticed i keep looking for it and its really ruining my viewing, hope someone has an idea of what it is, thanks.:lease:
Try to upgrade the firmware and if you have the latest try to downgrade to a previus one.
Google it.

Hi there,

on my 42lg3000, i changed the default values for the color temperatures cool, medium, warm in the service menu (which i opened by pressing ok on tv and rc at the same time for a few seconds) without taking notes before. As the values are presettings, they cannot be restored by a reset to factory settings. So it would be nice, if somebody of you can take a look into the service menu of his/her tv and tell me the default values. Or is it possible to reset the settings some other way? My firmware is 3.51.1.

:lease:

Thank you, best regards,

When you go into service menu and go to the color temperatures on the bottom of the menu on each temperature preset there is an option tat says RESET.

Hi, thanks for your message - there is no reset button. heres a picture of the menu

Attachments

• DSC00651.JPG
    DSC00651.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 772
  • DSC00653.JPG
    DSC00653.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC00654.JPG
    DSC00654.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 604
i just got mine it says manufacter day february 2010 made in poland, i downgraded the firmware to 3.15 and went into the service menu in otion 1 it says.

Inch:32
Model:lh3000
maker:LGD

that means i got the ips panel i got lucky i gues. i switched the panel option to sharp and the tv got darker then i tried the MCI (mei chei) i gues and it stayed almost the same when i tried the AUO panel option the screen turned red with some white lines.
So im sure i got an ips panel i was tempted to switch the lh3000 option to lh 4000 or lh5000 but i got scared damaging my tv.
Then i enabled the usb mediaplayer and reflashed the firmware to the newest but it made me wonder if i choose the lh4000 or lh5000 option if the tv would act as a lh4k or lh5k model.

Where did youi buy your 32lh3000 from ?

Hi, thanks for your message - there is no reset button. heres a picture of the menu

Yes you are right my menu is diferent i used the 3.15 f/w to enter the menu for pal tv or maybe its because my model is LH3000 not LG3000.

I got mine the other day from asda, and at the back where the grill is, it's labeled as AU Optronics (sp), so it should be quite easy to identify what panel it is. I've not tried my 360 on it but HD video on it looked pretty good, so I'm not too bothered.

croatia... :D

i dont have tv... i was searching for some tv with DVB-C tuner..
and guy in store pointed this one...

and it was best option if u look price /product...
so that's why im interested...
its 460€ for cash...

and other's with DVB-C (but they acctualy says that they got DVB-C mpeg4 tuner), well cheapest one is 600€, but its not even full hd.. full hd is 650€.

ofc, i i i cant check since they dont have cable tv there...

Hi Kocka,

I tried the same thing, but tuner couldn't find any digital chanel.
After few days I discovered that Finland is the only solution. Change country in settings to Finland, but you can left Serbian language for menu and preferential language for subtitles as well. Only for Finland it will ask you to choose between antena or cable TV. When you choose whichever you want (I put cable, because my cable TV is offering 24TV and 18radio stations), then on next page at the top change default to full and it will find all chanells available. Strange but it works.

Also, when you finished that go to settings for clock, because it has been changed automatically on +2 for Finland. Change Helsinki to only other available option and change time zone to +1.

thats it
pozdrav

Last edited:
Just to confirm AUO are a company that make tv panels such as IPS so dont worry about getting a dodgy panel.

The issue is that the panels aren’t as good really, from what I remember the motion capabilities of IPS technology is significantly better than AUO (IPS pretty much lives off motion capabilities), and AUO panels have always been used in the 37” Sony and Samsung TVs and it’s taken them a long time to get close to the quality of the SVPA 32” and 40” models, they’re still not there.

Is your volume too high on "volume 1"?

I mean, when I put on minimum volume, 1, it is too loud for night watching. It is only on digital channels. On analog stations, it is ok, when volume is on 15 it is ok. But volume 15 on digital is very very loud.
You can activate Clear Voice and with this option is also activated a scale from -6 to 6 that is by default on 5. If you set to -6 then "volume 1" is ok.

My TV arrived today from ebuyer, it's manufacture date is feb 2010 in Poland. I've been trying to access the service menu by pressing down the OK button for 5 seconds. Am I doing something wrong.

I want to check to see whether I have the AUO or IPS panel, I think it will probably be the AUO but I just want to be sure.

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to HDTVs.

What settings/mode do you recommend for:

SD sky viewing (connected via scart)

SD inbuilt Freeview viewing.

Xbox 360 gaming (connected via HDMI)

DVD/xvid avi playback (I have the exellent Phillps 59980 DVD player and intend to playback avi files via the USB port on the DVD player which will be connected to the TV via HDMI cable).

Any help advice is fully appreciated

Thanks and regards

thunderb0lt

My TV arrived today from ebuyer, it's manufacture date is feb 2010 in Poland. I've been trying to access the service menu by pressing down the OK button for 5 seconds. Am I doing something wrong.

thunderb0lt

You need to press 'ok' on the remote AND the 'ok' on the side of the TV at the same time for about 5 secs, then the password screen pops up...:thumbsup:

Hi Guys!
Someone have a Good setting for Gaming?
I Have a Ps3 whit HDMI connected.

Thanks!

Sorry for my english! :suicide:

Hi Guys!
Someone have a Good setting for Gaming?
I Have a Ps3 whit HDMI connected.

Thanks!

Sorry for my english! :suicide:

Hi

LG has pre configured settings for Gaming, Sports, and Movies. If you click the AV button on the remote its the red one at the top right left corner under TV/RADIO (see pic) it should bring up diffrent settings and choose game.

remote-controls-akb69680403-control-125353-138102_zoom.jpg

I want to check to see whether I have the AUO or IPS panel, I think it will probably be the AUO but I just want to be sure.

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to HDTVs.

What settings/mode do you recommend for:

SD sky viewing (connected via scart)

SD inbuilt Freeview viewing.

Xbox 360 gaming (connected via HDMI)

DVD/xvid avi playback (I have the exellent Phillps 59980 DVD player and intend to playback avi files via the USB port on the DVD player which will be connected to the TV via HDMI cable).

Any help advice is fully appreciated

Thanks and regards

thunderb0lt

Did you manage to find out whether your TV has a AOU panel. I was thinking of buying one from Ebuyer too. How is the input lag and motion blur on it?

Cheers,
Leo

Did you manage to find out whether your TV has a AOU panel. I was thinking of buying one from Ebuyer too. How is the input lag and motion blur on it?

Cheers,
Leo

No, I haven't found out yet. The service menun doesn't seem to appear, I have tried pressing OK on the remote and the TV itself simultanouesly but to no avail so far.

I haven't hooked up my Xbox 360 yet either. Just waiting someone replies with some configuration advice.

I think it might be an IPS panel becasue a few posts back someone mentioned that they have a feb 2010 poland model and theirs has the IPS but either way, IPS or AUO I'm not too fussed really.

use google...
To get into the menu you have to downgrade to 3.15 firmware first and after try the OK FOR 5 SECS.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom