• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The LG 55LA620V 3D Smart LED TV Review needed

dmx0007

Standard Member
Hi

I was wondering can any one please tell me when this TV was released? and what are the pros and cons of this? does it have any downsides to it,will mainly be used for watching SKY and some 3D movie's. All information is welcome.

thnx in advance

joff81

Established Member
I purchased a 42LA620V yesterday and its going back today to be replaced as it has a banding (1 a cross the top of the panel and 1 down each side) and it has screen smearing as well (dse). I also noticed when lifting the tv onto my tv stand that the panel is loose in the frame so overall this tv I've received is pretty bad.

I rang currys CS and they said take it back and get it replaced as the banding and smearing will get worse with use and and that the smearing is a manufacturing defect.

wiichkin

Standard Member
I just bought the 55LA6205 and can't be happier with it - a great improvement over the 55W5600. Great black levels, no backlight bleeding, much improved interface speed. Also some minor annoyances:
- DTS passthrough is finally supported, but there is no 5.1 out (has to be enabled in the service menu which I have not been able to get into yet)
- can't rearrange items on the "Premium" card in the SmartTV interface, nor put another card first. This way
- can't remove items from "My Apps" menu, including K-Pop (why the hell do I need that?)
- not sure how to get a menu to pop in the HDMI input when the MagicWand remote is configured to also control my receiver. On the bright side, the volume buttons on the MW remote now always control the volume on the receiver :)

Doezedog

Established Member
There is a review posted on youtube by a user which is always good :D. He doesn't use it much for "TV" but does do gaming and really likes it check it out here

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom