The © LEGO Thread.

You opening yours? Just off to Staples Corner now for mine. Just a bit nervous in case they refuse to give it to me, apparently some stores have been refusing to honour orders.
Think very carefully about opening. Once the quick flippers have sold their sets in the coming weeks the secondary market price will only rise. This is one of the rarest ever sets.

In time the unique parts will become available in other sets so you'll be able to Bricklink this eventually. Add a custom printed sticker sheet and you'll be able to satisfy that build urge.

Last edited:
I'm just happy i managed to get a NES. I personally think it is the best set to ever be made.

Roll on its arrival next week :)

Did anyone that ordered the NES also get the Mario starter set so they could have the interactivity element?

Wow. Was not expecting to find one of these?

of course they’d only let me buy one

Attachments

• BB16CDCA-4885-4371-BF58-4D18873932F9.jpeg
    BB16CDCA-4885-4371-BF58-4D18873932F9.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 62
Go on keep rubbing it in people :(

:thumbsup:

I think we need a new thread for the Osprey Elites :D

I want to see no more Ospreys!! :laugh:

I think we need a new thread for the Osprey Elites :D

I want to see no more Ospreys!! :laugh:
The prices on the ‘bay are mental. A few sets appear to have sold for £1300.

lego fans be crazy

I’ll make you feel better
Got one at Aylesbury but when I went to pick it up they never had it too sell
Joys of Smyths to be fair
Out of 2 preorders and click and collect they have mucked up both

Wonder if it’s a mixture of staff nabbing them then lying to customers and/or some being put out on the shelf and sold before click and collect orders were picked.

In any case I take no joy in you missing out and I am going to try and put it out of my mind now by buying an Osprey model kit, haven’t put a kit together for over a year and far overdue.

lego fans be crazy

It’s all well and good them selling for nutty prices on eBay but let’s not forget it is also rife with people looking to scam others, you only have to do a search here and will find plenty saying never to sell high value items on there as it’s very easy to end up out of pocket so I advise caution.

It’s all well and good them selling for nutty prices on eBay but let’s not forget it is also rife with people looking to scam others, you only have to do a search here and will find plenty saying never to sell high value items on there as it’s very easy to end up out of pocket so I advise caution.
Oh totally agree. Was more of an observation

That will be 'cheap' longer term. £2k+ will be the norm. Lego won't repeat this scenario for a long time.
Really? That’s incredible.

lego fans be crazy

Nutters the lot of them. I mean a thread with 840 pages talking about LEGO as well. Madness :D

I've got a nutter idea though.

All those who have Ospreys need to share the wealth.

So I propose they build it, dismantle it, then post it to another member. That member builds it, has a picture taken with it, dismantles it, then posts it to another member. Who does the same, and so forth and so forth. And then it is returned finally to the original owner, who can then build it and put it on display.

This way we all get to share in the Osprey wonder :D

And of course members compensate (an as yet undetermined contribution) the original Osprey owners for such a gesture, therefore they eventually have the cost of their purchase covered.

Everyone wins :)

Definitely. With high reward comes high risk. I'd sacrifice a few hundred and try to sell elsewhere.

Really? That’s incredible.
Some, if not many, of the current sales are to those who intend to sell on at a later date.

If prices seem crazy, what about the Leicester minifigure? That hit £2k. The Osprey seems a bargain in comparison!

It's not as exiting as the Osprey talk but I had no trouble ordering the piano, brickheadz and 3 star wars art sets this morning oh and the ironman helmet.

The star wars sets I got via Amazon as they were a couple of quid off and might be here today.

Well I got mine OK. No issues with not being allowed to get it :thumbsup:

Will store it for a few weeks as In having my flat redecorated shortly and then think what to do once the dust settles

Attachments

• EAE8A756-2F95-4463-A56A-30258356B410.jpeg
    EAE8A756-2F95-4463-A56A-30258356B410.jpeg
    352.5 KB · Views: 49
You opening yours? Just off to Staples Corner now for mine. Just a bit nervous in case they refuse to give it to me, apparently some stores have been refusing to honour orders.

I don’t know what to do at the moment, I’m thinking about keeping it sealed, mind you looking on eBay they are mostly going between £850 to £950 and more, so I feel it could be a great investment. The voices in my head keep shouting open me open me though lol.

It’s so hit and miss on EBay, just noticed someones Bids reached £835 and it sold where as the auction below only hit bids up to £600 and sold. I think it’s because there has been a lot more appearing on there.

It’s so hit and miss on EBay, just noticed someones Bids reached £835 and it sold where as the auction below only hit bids up to £600 and sold. I think it’s because there has been a lot more appearing on there.
Prices will soften a little as people quick flip and undercut each other to ensure a sale. After they disappear, look out.

I don’t know what to do at the moment, I’m thinking about keeping it sealed, mind you looking on eBay they are mostly going between £850 to £950 and more, so I feel it could be a great investment. The voices in my head keep shouting open me open me though lol.

I’ll keep mine sealed. If I feel the need to build it, I’ll BrickLink it as best as possible. Someone’s got a thread up about it on eurobricks

I did.

I also ordered the Marilyn Monroe mosaic, and the grand piano.💰💰💰

I had a 10% discount code for Very which expired on July 31st so on Thursday thought I would take one last look too see if they had anything I might want and noticed they had the Mario Starter Kit instock so thought “what the hell” for £45 it can join the NES lol

430FD802-9765-4049-B453-0F1C05041EE0.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom