The © LEGO Thread.

I'm really looking forward to the Wall-e set, anybody have any idea when it's due for release?

New avengers today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 497
Interesting thread!

I've got most of the Monster Fighter sets, a bunch of the Star Wars sets, a few of the Creator buildings (like the Department Store, Cinema and Restaurant), The Simpsons House, VW Camper Van, Tower Bridge and the Christmas Village sets.

None have been built yet - they're being kept in the loft for when my kids are older, although if the temptation gets too strong I may open one or two to build myself :)

I have a healthy collection of EP 4-6 LEGO Star Wars, 80's Technic sets, the Exo Suit, and Ecto 1.

I also like to build cool MOCs I see online and treat the reverse engineering of somebody else's model as like doing a 3D puzzle when you don't even know what parts you need. Ordering the bricks and actually building it is like my prize for figuring it out.

lwMPchM.png

Cube Dude Fett + Chibi AT-AT

sXtRAMz.jpg

Optimus Chilling

IVztjRi.jpg

Had plans for the NES, didn't figure this one out

w6Nuuot.jpg

Cube Dudes

I also started ray tracing LEGO models.

wpDVVcs.png

Chibi AT-AT gets the Classic Space treatment

I'm currently taking part in the LEGO Flickr group Reverse Engineering challenge which is damn hard. Took me 5 days to do challenge 1.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ltdemartinet/16904831285/in/pool-1353510@N20

one day I'm going to build a GIANT lego scene, with like, spaceships and mechs, and all kinds of things.

one day.

Somebody has built a Springfield town from Lego.

I have a healthy collection of EP 4-6 LEGO Star Wars, 80's Technic sets, the Exo Suit, and Ecto 1.

I also like to build cool MOCs I see online and treat the reverse engineering of somebody else's model as like doing a 3D puzzle when you don't even know what parts you need. Ordering the bricks and actually building it is like my prize for figuring it out.

lwMPchM.png

Cube Dude Fett + Chibi AT-AT

sXtRAMz.jpg

Optimus Chilling

IVztjRi.jpg

Had plans for the NES, didn't figure this one out

w6Nuuot.jpg

Cube Dudes

I also started ray tracing LEGO models.

wpDVVcs.png

Chibi AT-AT gets the Classic Space treatment

I'm currently taking part in the LEGO Flickr group Reverse Engineering challenge which is damn hard. Took me 5 days to do challenge 1.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ltdemartinet/16904831285/in/pool-1353510@N20
Love those cube dudes. I think you shared the plans with me a while back but never gotten around to doing them. Did you ever get the ones for masterchief?

What is ray tracing?

Love those cube dudes. I think you shared the plans with me a while back but never gotten around to doing them. Did you ever get the ones for masterchief?

What is ray tracing?

Yes, finished the Halo one, I built 2 for my nephews who are big Halo fans.

The .LXF file for it is here

Dropbox - Halo_v3(Orange).lxf

I don't have a photo of the finished model but I did create a Ray Trace of the digital file. The actual one I built used gold bricks for the visor instead of base orange ones. I got the gold bricks from some Polish guy on eBay who gold plates standard bricks. Looked really good.

JAltHIs.png

Ray Tracing is method of creating photo realistic computer generated images whereby the computer simulates every light ray in the scene. It is very computationally expensive but creates the highest quality possible images.

So all the photos in this Flickr group aren't real, they are all computer generated Flickr: The LDD to POV-Ray Pool

Never seen the Cube Dudes before but they look great, some of them are so recognisable.

I've managed to resist most of the lego sets but I had to buy an R2D2 :love:.

I haven't got anywhere good to put him on show so I had to disassemble him but hopefully I'll get a man cave in my next house and he'll get pride of place.

SzDPjoB.jpg

I've also managed to source all the parts for the Akira bike.
EjoMcUY.jpg

unDumxe.jpg

7R9LH5X.jpg

aoHX2qk.jpg

I've not even built it yet because it will only look right if I put the stickers on and then obviously I wont be able to disassemble it, though you do get two sets of stickers.

I'd love to go mad on lego especially the original Star Wars UCS sets but I don't want a house full of lego (I might have to look into the rental thing). Nobody who knows me in real life knows I own lego, it's my guilt little secret :D

Never seen the Cube Dudes before but they look great, some of them are so recognisable.

I've managed to resist most of the lego sets but I had to buy an R2D2 :love:.

I haven't got anywhere good to put him on show so I had to disassemble him but hopefully I'll get a man cave in my next house and he'll get pride of place.

I've also managed to source all the parts for the Akira bike.

aoHX2qk.jpg

I've not even built it yet because it will only look right if I put the stickers on and then obviously I wont be able to disassemble it, though you do get two sets of stickers.

I'd love to go mad on lego especially the original Star Wars UCS sets but I don't want a house full of lego (I might have to look into the rental thing). Nobody who knows me in real life knows I own lego, it's my guilt little secret :D

Those red wheel discs are worth a good wad of cash I hear.

I don't keep my LEGO habit a secret. Every one at works loves my Star Wars Microfighters.

Those red wheel discs are worth a good wad of cash I hear.

I don't keep my LEGO habit a secret. Every one at works loves my Star Wars Microfighters.
Yeah there's a few parts that are very hard to get as they came in limited sets, I did wish I hadn't started collecting the bits a couple of times but I finally got there.

I also bought multiples of the hard to get parts when I could (I think I managed to get ten xpod lids (the parts for the wheels) for $15 as obviously not everyone knows what they're worth) and re sold them. I know it's a bit wrong but didn't ask daft amounts like some people are doing and without doing it I dread to think how much it would've cost me. I did get sick of looking on Bricklink though as if you wait for the email notification the parts are usually sold by then.

When I finally get somewhere decent to display my lego I think I'll "come out" to everyone :D

Thanks for informing me about Cube Dudes :thumbsup: I'll be back on Brinklink in the next few days to get some parts once I've figured out how to build the ones I like.

I'm more of a collector than builder but did have some bits on show before I moved house. Man cave planned for the garage...eventually, so will build all the cube dudes then :)

Yes, finished the Halo one, I built 2 for my nephews who are big Halo fans.

The .LXF file for it is here

Dropbox - Halo_v3(Orange).lxf

I don't have a photo of the finished model but I did create a Ray Trace of the digital file. The actual one I built used gold bricks for the visor instead of base orange ones. I got the gold bricks from some Polish guy on eBay who gold plates standard bricks. Looked really good.

JAltHIs.png

Ray Tracing is method of creating photo realistic computer generated images whereby the computer simulates every light ray in the scene. It is very computationally expensive but creates the highest quality possible images.

So all the photos in this Flickr group aren't real, they are all computer generated Flickr: The LDD to POV-Ray Pool
Thanks, will grab the master chief plans when I'm on the laptop.
What is the point of Ray tracing? What do you do with the images?

I've got this bad boy sitting in a box up in the loft, its so big the wife refused to have it built up in the house, so i admitted defeat and put it away soon after building a few years back. I'm glad this thread came about because it reminded me its up there and i quite fancy digging it out and putting it back together again. I've got the collectors x-wing too.

i really fancied the falcon and the super star destroyer but missed the chance to get one at RRP. the falcons seem to go for big bucks now so i doubt i'll ever get the chance to put on together
P2130119 copy.JPG
P2130121 copy.JPG

If anyone has the back to the future set please let me know! ;)

As a massive BTTF fan, the LEGO Delorean disappoints me so bad. It's a terrible terrible model. Having seen how well they did the ECTO-1, the Delorean looks like a 10 year old's attempt at one.

I'm just hoping they release the UCS version that is on LEGO Ideas. Perfect version and radio control.

i really fancied the falcon and the super star destroyer but missed the chance to get one at RRP. the falcons seem to go for big bucks now so i doubt i'll ever get the chance to put on together

Do not despair, there are rumours afoot that LEGO plan to release a new UCS version of the Falcon. I agree with you, the current price of £2000 for a the old one is too rich for my blood. I hear you can bricklink them but you're still looking at £500-£600 even with internal colour substitutes.

Talking of Bricklink, my two orders arrived yesterday so that I can complete my MOC of the VW pickup...

image.jpg

Mental.

Some class stuff there

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom