The LEGO Thread. Including all other compatible products.

lee1980

would love it but its going to be big i bet, and is there a basement! I do like the type writer mind to.
Just got me hedwig as next set to build.

aerodynamic18

Distinguished Member
Think I will have to get it as well. Would have liked the planet express ship tho as well

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
Bag 1 complete, very enjoyable so far...

lego.jpg

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
Bag 2 finished, still very enjoyable but there are issues with the instructions.
I downloaded them as I do with most sets so I was hoping they had corrected some mistakes and omissions that have been flagged on Eurobricks etc, but it would seem not.
The issues found so far are somewhat disappointing;
When a double length peg is fitted half way to then be pushed into an existing hole to marry to another piece, many times the graphic showing you to push it in are simply missing, as a guess this has happened ten times or more so far!
On the following pages you can see it has been pushed in so you know it's correct now at least.
There is also an issue where a hinge piece on each side is fitted then somewhat later it needs to be rotated to fit, well that bit is missing as well so when I fitted the long bar 10's of steps later I suddenly notice that this piece is sticking up and realise the mistake, fortunately it is easily fixed but with a build this complex it could be a real problem at any given moment.
So far as an experienced builder I am seeing these issues and actively looking for them but I can well imagine that novice builders could end up having to walk back and remove large parts to rectify.

20200628_110037.jpg

Last edited:

upallnight

Bag 2 finished, still very enjoyable but there are issues with the instructions.
I downloaded them as I do with most sets so I was hoping they had corrected some mistakes and omissions that have been flagged on Eurobricks etc, but it would seem not.
The issues found so far are somewhat disappointing;
When a double length peg is fitted half way to then be pushed into an existing hole to marry to another piece, many times the graphic showing you to push it in are simply missing, as a guess this has happened ten times or more so far!
On the following pages you can see it has been pushed in so you know it's correct now at least.
There is also an issue where a hinge piece on each side is fitted then somewhat later it needs to be rotated to fit, well that bit is missing as well so when I fitted the long bar 10's of steps later I suddenly notice that this piece is sticking up and realise the mistake, fortunately it is easily fixed but with a build this complex it could be a real problem at any given moment.
So far as an experienced builder I am seeing these issues and actively looking for them but I can well imagine that novice builders could end up having to walk back and remove large parts to rectify.

View attachment 1325286
That seems pretty bad for one of their new premium products

mikeclark007

Someone is selling the following BNIB on a Lego Facebook group. Reckon it’s worth a punt for £1k delivered in terms of re-sale potential:

Simpson’s House
Kwik-E-Mart
Tan Mahal
Sydney Opera House

lee1980

a link? so want the simpsons house, at the time just couldn't stretch to it!!

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
Bag 3 complete and I found no mistakes in the instructions.

20200629_112650.jpg

k17chy

Distinguished Member
Someone is selling the following BNIB on a Lego Facebook group. Reckon it’s worth a punt for £1k delivered in terms of re-sale potential:

Simpson’s House
Kwik-E-Mart
Tan Mahal
Sydney Opera House
Makes my £100 I paid for the both Simpsons sets a bargain.

ALBeebak

Standard Member
Bag 3 complete......

Following this with interest.

Got my birthday coming up and the wife has agreed to buy me the Lambo but, man , those photos in quite a few of the reviews on Legos own website are really putting me off ! Quite shocking to see.

5 different shades of the same Lime Green colour? I simply could not live with that. The fact that the manuals fall to bits as well doesn't really bother me because I build from an iPad.

TBH I'm amazed that Lego have left those pics on show for all to see - and also the fact that they are refusing to replace those mismatched parts as "being part of the process"

????

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
Bag 4 complete, just the one mistake in the instructions which I was already aware of where two of the black flexible bands are called for when it is all three that are required as there is one either side and one on top.
It is very disappointing that Lego have been aware of these issues but have seemingly done nothing about it over the past 4 weeks, one wonders if they will ever make these corrections.
At the very least the downloaded PDF's could be altered at very little cost.

lego.jpg

lee1980

There does seem to be quite a few errors, not sure how many compared to Porsche/Bugatti. I know on forums there are numerous improvement threads or mods to stock sets.
I had no issue with Porsche and didn't follow anything apart from one tip about a gear a different way for easier shifting. I guess some where there will be a thread for sian highlighting mistakes and and things that can be done to make better. I doubt lego will make any changes mind.
Not that I can afford yet either, but do hope in future the colour issue is better, doubt ever be perfect mind.

Spiderpig

Distinguished Member
I think I’m happy on passing on the Lamborghini for now. Seems to be a few issues there. Frankly I’m surprised the models don’t spontaneously burst into flames...

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
a link? so want the simpsons house, at the time just couldn't stretch to it!!
I have a house and a Kwik-e-mart both BNIB I never got around to building and probably won't.

If you're interested I can make a classified thread for it but I'd need to do a bit of research as prices seem all over the place as in a used one on ebay for £100 or a BNIB one for £999 ( :) bit hopeful there)

Last edited:

lee1980

I have a house and a Kwik-e-mart both BNIB I never got around to building and probably won't.

If you're interested I can make a classified thread for it but I'd need to do a bit of research as prices seem all over the place as in a used one on ebay for £100 or a BNIB one for £999 ( :) bit hopeful there)
I would like both, but can imagine can only stretch to Simpsons house, yeah does vary a lot, it was around £180 when on sale new. Depends upon how much money anyone wants to make on selling it now retired I guess!

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
30 mins from the finish line and disaster strikes, a missing lime green piece so no chance of a spare from my stash.
So all I can do now is wait for Lego to send it out, previous experience tells me it will be 10 or more days until I can pick this up again. 🤬

The front corners are a marvel of design and very intricate, the lime green colour difference is there but not as noticeable to the eye whereas photos tend to suggest a very striking non colour match.
So now we wait.....

1.jpg

lee1980

I so want this but so do not have the space for it either, and got the BWE to build to! but a good price if member or online only membership is £15 to.
1593609958404.png

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
Something was nagging me so I walked back several pages and it did not take long to spot my mistake, fortunately swapping out the correct piece which gives me the 'not now missing' connector means I can swiftly finish the build.
Sorry lego my error.

Miss Mandy

I had a similar issue yesterday doing my Hedwig build. I was sure I was missing a piece so used a similar one I had in my spares box. About an hour later though I found my cat chasing the piece around my bedroom! :laugh: I had to steal it back from him and then back track through what I'd built to put it in the right in place.

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
And done....

Thoughts, despite the errors in the instructions I do think this is the best Technic Car yet.
There are new pieces and some terrific sub-assemblies etc.
I also think this is the best looking car yet.
I can thoroughly recommend this set but it is not for novice builders.
(and there are the least number of extra pieces I can remember for a set of this size and complexity.)

1.jpg

DarkEntity

Last edited:

lee1980

I saw lego art on facebook earlier quickly ha thought it was some MOC thing made up not real!

Spiderpig

Distinguished Member
$120

While the Marilyn Monroe and The Beatles mosaics each assemble four different portraits, the Marvel and Disney LEGO Art kits offer a different approach. Both the Iron Man and Sith sets craft three different paintings but then can be assembled into a single, massive piece of art measuring over 47-inches long.