The LEGO Thread. Including all other compatible products.

Bluedug

A couple of free hours this afternoon produced this, no numbered bags so I checked the inventory and low and behold a mistake by Lego wherein I had a grey 5 hole bar instead of a black one.
It doesn't bother me and it would have to be pointed out to even see the colour error.
A quite complex build with a fully working gearbox that has neutral along with 1st and 2nd.
The chain looked far to loose so I removed a single piece which has made it a very tight fit but it looks much better like this.
The stand is disappointing, a two stud piece is there to support the weight but it also holds the rear end at an angle to do so. Without it the weight of the bike is too much and it falls over, it's just badly designed is all.
It's good overall but something feels a little off when finished.

View attachment 1318443
Any chance of more pictures?

lee1980

A couple of free hours this afternoon produced this, no numbered bags so I checked the inventory and low and behold a mistake by Lego wherein I had a grey 5 hole bar instead of a black one.
It doesn't bother me and it would have to be pointed out to even see the colour error.
A quite complex build with a fully working gearbox that has neutral along with 1st and 2nd.
The chain looked far to loose so I removed a single piece which has made it a very tight fit but it looks much better like this.
The stand is disappointing, a two stud piece is there to support the weight but it also holds the rear end at an angle to do so. Without it the weight of the bike is too much and it falls over, it's just badly designed is all.
It's good overall but something feels a little off when finished.

View attachment 1318443
Im a biker and got the Bmw R1200gs and that is not the best, was hoping for more from this Ducati, and in fact I would I think prefer harley as it overall looks more true to it. I will maybe get this if price drops, as expect the gearbox etc is cool to do but it just doesn't overall do it for me.

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
As requested, I also received a delivery notice late last night for the Lego House.

20200616_065201.jpg20200616_065205.jpg20200616_065220.jpg20200616_065236.jpg20200616_065247.jpg20200616_065256.jpg

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
20200616_133848.jpg

hallanthony

I'll be picking them up (perhaps wait for a double points) as I'm a fan of the early Mickey style, I agree the faces are a little off though

Miss Mandy

Not a fan of those, the faces really don't work especially for £170.

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
No ta

upallnight

As a test i had my first Lepin experience this week
Was surprised i had only 1 missing piece that was easily substituted by some spare Lego
But bloody hell did my fingers hurt

Will stick with lego unless its retired and wouldn't want to do a large technic model based on the finger pain lol

lee1980

I thought mickey be so good at first but it is the face/cheeks that look really wrong and to angular, it be on id have to see for real first.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Hmm...

View attachment 1319963

Faces look poor to me.

Other than that I really like them, hopefully some bright spark will do a community fix for them.
There was a time when I used to think everything Lego was just awesome. Regardless.

But now I've become a bit more of a Lego connoisseur (or just more fussy) :D quite a lot of sets don't impress me that much at all.

A big nope from me on these two.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
I'd have them if the faces were better or there's a decent community fix like the Statue of Liberty.

As they are though, nope as well.

lee1980

I'd have them if the faces were better or there's a decent community fix like the Statue of Liberty.

As they are though, nope as well.
Yeah I did the statue of liberty mod, as to why it was not like that or similar from lego strange, as flat plate for face just looks wrong!!

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
24% off some items including the playmobil delorean.

Indiana Jones

24% off some items including the playmobil delorean.
I actually had my eye on the Delorean last month, reviews seem to be very positive but still get past the Playmobile bit lol

Phragzy

For my birthday back in March I got given both the ECTO-1 and 1A Playmobil cars and they are surprisingly very detailed. So jealous that kids have these compared to my old kenner car. I had my eye on the Delorean soon as it was advertised and last night I purchased it as it will complete the trio :laugh:

Indiana Jones

For my birthday back in March I got given both the ECTO-1 and 1A Playmobil cars and they are surprisingly very detailed. So jealous that kids have these compared to my old kenner car. I had my eye on the Delorean soon as it was advertised and last night I purchased it as it will complete the trio :laugh:
I decided to go for the Delorean and 1955 figure set.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
I just had my dispatch email from amazon. For a 36 yr old I am incredibly excited lol
You could use the DeLorean to go back in time, subliminally convince your self Back To The Future was pants (you'd be soo wrong and an object of ridicule) and then save your future self £46.38

Great Scott..... I should post this in the Bargain Forum.

Phragzy

You could use the DeLorean to go back in time, subliminally convince your self Back To The Future was pants (you'd be soo wrong and an object of ridicule) and then save your future self £46.38

Great Scott..... I should post this in the Bargain Forum.
Cost was £38.49 with the discount so had to jump on it.

aerodynamic18

Distinguished Member
Anyone going to get the home alone house then?