Quantcast

The LEGO Thread. Including all other compatible products.

kez

Distinguished Member
Doh are they one supplier from UK? are parts new/used?
5 UK sellers, 2 European. 95% new parts, with the remainder used (like new/good). I could probably have found a lot of parts in my Lego stash, but generally can't be bothered with the sorting :)

Came to £67 including delivery, which I didn't think was too bad. Far cheaper than when I sourced the parts for the Arvo Brothers Alien a few years ago!

jouster

5 UK sellers, 2 European. 95% new parts, with the remainder used (like new/good). I could probably have found a lot of parts in my Lego stash, but generally can't be bothered with the sorting :)

Came to £67 including delivery, which I didn't think was too bad. Far cheaper than when I sourced the parts for the Arvo Brothers Alien a few years ago!
That’s a good price indeed. How much were the instructions. Just need to see a parts list really to see whether I’ve got a load of them already

kez

Distinguished Member
That’s a good price indeed. How much were the instructions. Just need to see a parts list really to see whether I’ve got a load of them already
Instructions are free from the rebrickable link above, and there’s also a parts list. You can generate Brickowl and BrickLink parts lists, through the API, which is what I used to place my orders.

jouster

Instructions are free from the rebrickable link above, and there’s also a parts list. You can generate Brickowl and BrickLink parts lists, through the API, which is what I used to place my orders.
nice one i saw it posted on a Facebook group a while back and thought it was cool then....I had 70% of the Alien parts before I had to hit up Bricklinking...so hoping to be lucky again

lee1980

I see yeah its like bricklink, Mine comes to £60.50 so far, not sure how many used but many said good condition we will see! Might try brick owl next time to.
Just hope it has worked and have ordered all the parts, it says so but doesn't give part total I can see!
I used export to bricklink xml and copy and pasted it didnt see API thing.

Last edited:

johnny70

If you go to your wanted list, click "apply order" then you can add what you bought (however many orders that may be) to be "ticked off" your wanted list.

DarkEntity

Screenshot_20200213-220714.jpg

lee1980

Deff AT-AT for me to, would love to see a UCS huge one!

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Just found this Lego set #50 from 1976 in a charity shop for £30. Got quite excited thinking it might be worth loads more, but doesn’t seem to be. Nice seeing such an old set in such great condition though, the lady said inside it looks like it’s barely been touched.

Attachments

Spiderpig

Just found this Lego set #50 from 1976 in a charity shop for £30. Got quite excited thinking it might be worth loads more, but doesn’t seem to be. Nice seeing such an old set in such great condition though, the lady said inside it looks like it’s barely been touched.
Nice. Worth keeping, I'd say. I still have my 8080 race car in the loft; might be worth something some day.

DJT75

Distinguished Member
I didn’t buy it. Came home to check it out online first as I didn’t realise the “50” on the box was significant. Just thought it didn’t have a set number

richp007

Distinguished Member
Problem with the AT-AT was I found it quite a boring build, as naturally with the 4 legs it was repetitive. And the middle was just a glorified block.

Not sure how they could even make a bigger one more exciting.

I do love the AT-AT, but think I'd still give a UCS build a miss.

jouster

Saw this on Reddit today

Thought it might raise a few smiles.

E825C15C-224D-43DC-95F8-28133ED3B10F.jpeg

DarkEntity

FB_IMG_1581965038486.jpg

johnny70

86970578_294235774870313_2988918202857160704_n.jpg
86633721_2724494857645926_8180939841542815744_n.jpg
86643509_3390745114329510_8365467476418363392_n.jpg

Finished this bad boy on Monday. Bricklinked most of the part, managed to get 2 sets of the Hero Factory set that has the stupid expensive shields in it for a decent price off USA eBay. Tyre's are also very expensive, but a chap in Serbia had a load, and they were relatively cheap. Nice little build, glad I didn't pay a lot for it though.

86729879_268838560748429_854669788637560832_n.jpg
87379566_215673206148032_1665234931774652416_n.jpg

Also finished this yesterday, one of the BEST freebies LEGO have done! Great little build.

lee1980

That bat bike is awesome!, I agree making the freebie bat mobile was so good, I am saving the full size one but can not wait to see its huge to!

jouster

jouster

can see Baby Yoda going for silly money quite quickly

DarkEntity

I bought the ISS today as it was back in stock in the Glasgow store. One for next week I think.
I've just walked past Lego store in the galleries lol. Nothing for me though. Got everything I want/need (delete as appropriate)

DarkEntity

Yup the SD and Falcon are crackers.