The LEGO Thread. Including all other compatible products.

ALBeebak

Standard Member
I've not ordered any Lego Online before. Could someone give me an idea of how long it takes to be delivered?

I ordered the Batmobile first thing Friday morning and had an Email to say that it had been shipped on Sunday afternoon.

This morning DPD tracking is showing " Order information has been transmitted to DPD"

Getting a bit twitchy here. Anyone help? Cheers.

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
Not sure why but my order seems to be coming from Belgium o_O so doubt I will be getting it today.
As is mine apparently, although the dispatch email states a two business day delivery, so here's hoping for tomorrow.

Indiana Jones

I've not ordered any Lego Online before. Could someone give me an idea of how long it takes to be delivered?

I ordered the Batmobile first thing Friday morning and had an Email to say that it had been shipped on Sunday afternoon.

This morning DPD tracking is showing " Order information has been transmitted to DPD"

Getting a bit twitchy here. Anyone help? Cheers.
My experience has been that the order normally arrives in 2 working days so if shipped on a Sunday I wouldn't expect it till the Wednesday.

ALBeebak

Standard Member
OK. Many thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Can I ask when you guys received your first "Your order has shipped" Emails from Lego? Presuming everyone ordered on the Friday.

Indiana Jones

Can I ask when you guys received your first "Your order has shipped" Emails from Lego? Presuming everyone ordered on the Friday.
I ordered mine just before 11pm on Thursday and received the shipped email Friday evening so hoping for a Tuesday/Wednesday delivery.

hallanthony

I managed to get my order in at 00:22 Friday morning according to my PayPal email, my shipping email was on Saturday afternoon and I seem to have been the lucky one as it was delivered yesterday (perhaps as it arrived with another of my Lego orders)

hallanthony

Wow. Delivered on a Sunday ? I placed my order at 1.10 am Friday morning. Ah well. I guess, maybe they prioritise regular customers or something?
I don't understand either and was really surprised when the guy turned up on Sunday with not one but both Lego orders - I'm not a regular customer, I only bite when I see a good offer :)

Indiana Jones

I had an order from Eaglemoss shipped Friday by DPD which said delivery would be Monday but then Saturday morning I received a message saying it was coming that day so I can only guess in the run up to christmas they are increasing their deliveries to clear the backlog faster as normally they will only deliver at the weekend if extra was paid for a Saturday delivery and I have never heard of them delivering on a Sunday.

ALBeebak

Standard Member
Woah. I'm starting to think I should've maybe nipped out to Milton Keynes on Friday Morning now. It's only a half hour drive away but parking is a bit of a mare and Black Friday traffic and queue's? Second thoughts, Nah, maybe not.

Do Lego have a warehouse in the UK where they despatch things from? I thought they came from like Denmark or something.

Indiana Jones

Woah. I'm starting to think I should've maybe nipped out to Milton Keynes on Friday Morning now. It's only a half hour drive away but parking is a bit of a mare and Black Friday traffic and queue's? Second thoughts, Nah, maybe not.

Do Lego have a warehouse in the UK where they despatch things from? I thought they came from like Denmark or something.
They must have a UK warehouse as some here received next day delivery but sometimes orders just ship from where ever there is available stock, I seem to remember several on here had their Star Destroyer sent from Belgium but mine was a UK dispatch.

Even if there was a Lego store within easy reach of me I would still likely opt for shopping online simply because of the saving to be had by using cashback sites.

ALBeebak

Standard Member
I see. Maybe the people that got theirs on Sunday live close to The Lego Warehouse / DPD Depot then?

Still nothing happening at DPD when I click on the tracking link on the Email. Grrr. If they'd just update the damn thing with something. I hate waiting for stuff.

Indiana Jones

I see. Maybe the people that got theirs on Sunday live close to The Lego Warehouse / DPD Depot then?

Still nothing happening at DPD when I click on the tracking link on the Email. Grrr. If they'd just update the damn thing with something. I hate waiting for stuff.
Many a time I have checked the DPD app before heading to work and there has been no update since it was collected then 30 minutes later I get a message saying it is out for delivery that day so they can be a bit flakey when it comes to the location of your parcel.

Indiana Jones

Yeah. I'm a bit impatient. Buying stuff from Amazon and getting it the next day without fail has kind of spoilt me a bit I guess.

Cheers for that. Glad I'm not the only one.
If you are expecting an Amazon Prime type of speed then yea that isn't happening lol but at least they are better than they used to be as it was common to place an order on a Monday and not have it till the following Monday or later.

ALBeebak

Standard Member
Blimey. I've had things faster on a slow boat from China...

Speaking of which. This thing is slowly turning into .

Still no change on the tracking info here. What does yours say? Just out of curiosity.

Indiana Jones

Blimey. I've had things faster on a slow boat from China...

Speaking of which. This thing is slowly turning into .

Still no change on the tracking info here. What does yours say? Just out of curiosity.
Mine hasn’t been updated since Friday and just says ‘Collected from sender’ so I imagine it has spent the last few days moving through the systems and will turn up shortly.

Indiana Jones

I am not sure what you are concerned about? some on here got lucky and had it delivered already but normally I wouldn’t be expecting it until tomorrow at the earliest away.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I forgot to order. By the time I remembered, all the mini batmobiles were gone. :(

ALBeebak

Standard Member
Yay. Great. 3.30.am and my phone just woke me up with a notification from DPD saying that my parcel will be delivered today!

PS I never usually take my phone upstairs overnight.

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Mine's coming today, after ordering Friday morning. I think that's a decent turn around, it used to be over 5 working days from Lego.

Indiana Jones

Still no update on my order :(

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
Mine say 'out for delivery' but its coming from Brighton which seems very odd unless that is the closest DPD hub to us?

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Can anyone provide me the measurements for the Christmas Tree and Mini-Batmobile boxes please?

Mine are arriving this afternoon but I need to get them shipped out today too (sort of promised on eBay) so need to make sure I have appropriate boxes ready.

aerodynamic18

Mine is still in transit :(