The LEGO Thread. Including all other compatible products.

DarkEntity

Have any of you folk found a reasonably space efficient way of displaying the larger Technic sets - the crane mk ii, 4x4 crawler, Arocs, Mack, Volvo excavator etc? I have some of them on shelves at the moment, but I'd love to find some enclosed Ikea furniture (glass front) that would fit them without wasting space.
Ive seen some nice displays of the UCS Star Wars sets in the IKEA Vittsjoe units, so the Technics stuff should fit as well.

Indiana Jones

And done, great build and a real beast...

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
It's..... its'...... magnificent.

and huge.

....women say this to me all the time as well. :blush:

I really need to get back to the gym once my knee has been done.

Indiana Jones

Seeing it in the same shot as the Falcon certainly puts it into context.

DarkEntity

Spiderpig

I saw one of these in the Westfield store a couple of days ago. It's impressively big.

And expensive. I'll be waiting for one to come up on the used market, build it, and then sell it again.

I'm waiting for my Land Rover Defender. It's been back-ordered, but that's ok - I'm not sure my partner would appreciate me building Lego on her birthday weekend.

DarkEntity

ok this isnt a lego thing per se but is there a way to bookmark your favourite or regular threads, or do I just need to go to alerts, all alerts and scroll back to find the thread I want as thats what I do just now to find this thread :D

Also, when is the Lego Yoda being released?

jouster

You can set threads to be watched.

DarkEntity

ah cool. I did think there must be a simpler way :D

DarkEntity

Ok, Im totally sold on Lego Yoda now! Old vs New comparison!!!
Image1.png

Indiana Jones

ok this isnt a lego thing per se but is there a way to bookmark your favourite or regular threads, or do I just need to go to alerts, all alerts and scroll back to find the thread I want as thats what I do just now to find this thread :D

Also, when is the Lego Yoda being released?
Its Triple Force Friday and the new sets including Yoda are now available plus you get double VIP points and a free Battle of Endor set with purchases over £75

Used up all my VIP points on the Yoda set and it cost a grand total of £9.99 :)

DarkEntity

Thats what Ill be doing tonight after work then lol.

DarkEntity

DarkEntity

Yay....2 left in store 😊👍
IMG_20191004_164417.jpg

Indiana Jones

I assume the Endor freebie is on the other side?

DarkEntity

Indiana Jones

My Yoda should be delivered within the hour :)

DarkEntity

Mine is still sitting in its box as the ISD used up every inch of space I had left :(

Last edited:

DarkEntity

Oddly enough, I'm actually looking at a larger house just now! We have seen loads but never seen one we really wanted.....this new issue might be the kicker that stops me procrastinating :rotfl:

jouster

likewise, id love to have the ISD to build right now...but with nowhere to put it and me not being overly enthused about the price...it will just be purchased when it hits the sales in a year or so...

That said I have a handful of sets in the loft (New UCS Falcon, GBHQ, BB8, and U Wing waiting to be built) but happy to hold out on them till my little lad is old enough to help me out...got a few years to wait yet I'm sure

DarkEntity

likewise, id love to have the ISD to build right now...but with nowhere to put it and me not being overly enthused about the price...it will just be purchased when it hits the sales in a year or so...

That said I have a handful of sets in the loft (New UCS Falcon, GBHQ, BB8, and U Wing waiting to be built) but happy to hold out on them till my little lad is old enough to help me out...got a few years to wait yet I'm sure
Get yourself Yoda ;) (just to tide you over)

jouster

DJT75

Distinguished Member
The Land Rover is a great looking set. Why’s it 11+ when something like the London Bus is 16+ though? Is the London Bus really a tricky set in comparison?