The Lego Star Wars Holiday Special (Disney+) Movie Review & Comments

Evinger

Thanks for the Review Cas - this looks fun.

dts

Distinguished Member
Loved the trailer-made me giggle a few times so definitely on my watch list,thank you Cas.😊👌

encaser

This is good fun, with some surprising dodgy/controversial moments (poor old Darth Maul/You shoot first!) and, as you note, Cas, crammed to the cabin rafters with in jokes and the interweaving of what's been shown throughout the Star Wars universe.
It does flag a bit at times but it's like The Fast Show, blink and move on.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Well seeing as I'll be watching The Mandalorian soon, may as well have a look at this too :rolleyes: :D
Yes, and also I have it on good authority that The Lego Star Wars Holiday Special is integral to the plot of Mando.

terencejames

I've often wondered what frame of mind Lucas was in when he signed off on The Holiday Special? Given how protective he was of Star Wars, I'm surprised at how legendary bad it is supposed to be. Shame we can't get a 4k restoration of it.

Gave this a watch last night... the Life Day moments were rather meh (didn't they learn first time round?) but the interaction between Vader and Palpatine was hilarious. Worth it just for those two.

Evinger

I've often wondered what frame of mind Lucas was in when he signed off on The Holiday Special? Given how protective he was of Star Wars, I'm surprised at how legendary bad it is supposed to be. Shame we can't get a 4k restoration of it.
I wonder if the Holiday Special was the reason he became so protective of Star Wars. Seeing as it was done soon after A New Hope, but some time before The Empire Strikes Back, there wasn't a lot of Star wars to be protective about at that time. Just a thought.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom