The legend that is Stevie Wonder

Paul_HDLover

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Me and the bird went down to Manchester on Friday night for the Stevie Wonder concert.

I managed to get us 3rd row floor seats, mainly because my bird thinks hes a legend and that he was totally worth it.

I wasnt so sure.

After returning, i have to say it was the best concert i have ever been to. The man is a true legend. I was surprised to find out that i knew each of his songs.

When he smiled, i felt a weird kind of inner happiness. Hes just amazing. He got the crowd going and we were al dancing and singing. I found this clip on you tube of my favourite part of the show. Its not at the concert on Friday but he done it at a previous concert in September.

By the way, the credit crunch hasnt hit Manchester yet. I was at the Trafford Centre on Saturday and was in awe at the amount of people and shops. I just wanted to hide somewhere. Us Scots arent used to that!

Anyone else been to the Stevie Wonder concert?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQip7UPK6Lk

In August I was introduced to Innervisions and Songs in the Key of Life. The latter has the honour of being the handful of albums that I can say just do not contain a single bad song. Amazing and just so damn hard to switch off

Hi All,

By the way, the credit crunch hasnt hit Manchester yet. I was at the Trafford Centre on Saturday and was in awe at the amount of people and shops. I just wanted to hide somewhere. Us Scots arent used to that!

Anyone else been to the Stevie Wonder concert?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQip7UPK6Lk

Glad to hear you had a good time Paul, you do realise the only reason we made the 50p piece the shape it is ,is to get it off a Scotts man with a spanner :D

Glad to hear you had a good time Paul, you do realise the only reason we made the 50p piece the shape it is ,is to get it off a Scotts man with a spanner :D

Think I gave yous lot a fair bit more than 50p this weekend. Just checked my bank account :suicide:

One of the very few Motown acts I’ve not seen, although I don’t think I try and catch up on the ones I’ve missed the venues are way too large these days unless you get a prime seats.
Once of a day they is to do concerts to sell albums now they do it the other way round, Iv even heard them putting stuff out free on the net to get people into concerts where thay now make the big money.

By the way Steve wrote some really true great stuff and think his Superstition is the best funk track of all time, he also wrote some insightful material and not forgetting his romantic side my favourite being I Never Dreamed You’d Leave In Summer.

In August I was introduced to Innervisions and Songs in the Key of Life. The latter has the honour of being the handful of albums that I can say just do not contain a single bad song. Amazing and just so damn hard to switch off

I'll second that, Songs in the Key of Life is one of my all time favourite albums.

Stevie and I were born on the same day. I must say he's wearing better than I am. And he can sing.

Dave

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom