The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening

Just a heads up on pre-ordering the limited edition version. If you want one you need to act quick at the moment. The Smyths one sold out quickly, shopto as well and Game put the edition up for ordering this morning and it's already sold out. No sign of it on Amazon or even the Nintendo store so it could be that retailers do not know how many they will have for launch and are only taking a few pre-orders until they know.

I managed to get one at Game but would be gutted to miss out on this edition.

As much as I loved links awakening I can't get my head around the price on this. Watching the E3 coverage it seems a great remake and very faithful to the original, but the original is pretty short for a full priced title. you wouldn't get anywhere near the longevity that home console Zelda's had. I saw there's the dungeon editor thing but kind of hoping for more content before shelling out full outside for a game that may be doable in just a few hours for us that remember the Gameboy version.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Limited | ShopTo.net

CURRENTLY BACK IN STOCK - jump on this if you missed out on the 1st round. I missed when pre-orders first went up and was absolutely gutted but I thought more would be most likely listed in time and just managed to get my pre-order in.

Is MSRP £69.99, though? Retailers seem to be hiking up the price, if so.

Last edited:
As much as I loved links awakening I can't get my head around the price on this. Watching the E3 coverage it seems a great remake and very faithful to the original, but the original is pretty short for a full priced title. you wouldn't get anywhere near the longevity that home console Zelda's had. I saw there's the dungeon editor thing but kind of hoping for more content before shelling out full outside for a game that may be doable in just a few hours for us that remember the Gameboy version.

Good afternoon @everett_psycho,

The game may be doable in a few hours for you and others, but creating the game certainly took a lot more time, effort and hard work than it will to play and finish it in a few hours, yet alone the 15 - 20 hours I expect the game may take me to complete. Modern video game development also costs a lot and the price may be justified by this alone. This is a full-fledged Zelda game and experience at a full-fledged price that is a massive creative undertaking. And from all we have seen, Link's Awakening on Switch absolutely promises to be a complete transformation from the original Game Boy game, and could do for top down Zelda games what Octopath Traveller did for classic JRPGs. Remaking a game is not easy work and it takes a lot more work than some people may realise to get things to feel the same as the original, yet alone improve on them.

Nintendo IPs have historically always commanded a full price tag, so the price is not a surprise to me. Again, I personally equate the developer's hard work; effort, time, skill and love put in to make the remake from the ground up, with the £49.99 price, and thus see it as completely worth it. Nintendo have created the game from the ground up, creating new assists and environments, re-creating and fully realising everything from scratch, from 2D over to 3D, along with a fully orchestrated soundtrack, thus reworking everything else aesthetically and mechanically to be what I think will be another masterpiece and classic. There is a lot of investment and money and research and development put into a creative art style like the one in Link's Awakening. This hard work, love and care has value and worth attached to it. In this respect, Link's Awakening for Switch will be a full-fledged Zelda game so I am happy to pay a full-fledged price.

So, I am completely happy paying the £49.99 price tag, especially as this is a Nintendo triple A game and a Zelda game - as Zelda is my favourite video games franchise and Link's Awakening was the very first Zelda game I played and my favourite Zelda game alongside Ocarina of Time. The game looks absolutely gorgeous and you can see how much thought was put into the aesthetic alone; with Nintendo using the tilt-shift diorama-esque style to play with depth of field and landscape such as the mountains and distant objects and fog, to really create an atmosphere and unique gameplay experience. This is a kind of quality I pride and admire and value very much in video games and video game experiences. So, in all I see the quality of this game as no different than any other worthy £49.99 triple A Nintendo game. And regardless of how long it takes me to finish the game. I cannot wait for Link's Awakening on Switch.

Warm wishes,

fallinlight

Last edited:
Ordered the Link Amiibo.

@fallinlight please, please, please check your content before posting as each edit you do has to be checked and causes more work for moderators. 15 edits on a single post is just ridiculous and gets annoying very quickly.

Anyone still looking for the special edition check out your local Game. I just preordered one today at the Oracle store. Chap there said there might be more available depending on the store.

I've missed out on the Limited Edition about 5 times now, every time I get an alert they're already all gone. It's too expensive for the what you get as it is, so I'm certainly not going to pay ebay scalpers prices. Loads of sellers with mulitpule copies £120+, It should have been limited to 2 per customer max.

The file size has been revealed as 5.8GB. If you are going digital, you get double gold coins if you pre-order/ purchase before 22nd September.

I’m a bit gutted the LE from Nintendo won’t be getting the key ring and poster that the standard is getting, seems they mailed LE pre order people by mistake :(

I’m actually considering cancelling my LE. It’s not gonna break the bank. But not a lot for what you actually get. Might just get standard for £40 and get the poster and key ring instead...

Last edited:
I’m a bit gutted the LE from Nintendo won’t be getting the key ring and poster that the standard is getting, seems they mailed LE pre order people by mistake :(

I received an email from Nintendo saying that my all my LE orders will now include the key ring and poster. How did you find out this is a mistake?

I am without a shadow of a doubt keeping my LE and one with rupee lamps. I think the box and box art alone is gorgeous. Plus the art book looks very nice. On top of that the steelbook looks very nice, and I do not usually care too much for steelbooks. I would rather have these than the key ring and poster.

I received an email from Nintendo saying that my all my LE orders will now include the key ring and poster. How did you find out this is a mistake?

I am without a shadow of a doubt keeping my LE and one with rupee lamps. I think the box and box art alone is gorgeous. Plus the art book looks very nice. On top of that the steelbook looks very nice, and I do not usually care too much for steelbooks. I would rather have these than the key ring and poster.

Web chat on the Nintendo store site.

0466AA73-7D3C-4490-8CE9-FCB5615C4E93.jpeg

Nintendo UK on Twitter

I caved and ordered last night so should get it on release day. There was a few previews on YouTube and nostalgia for the game boy got me. It's the game I played by far the most, be interested to see how much I actually remember. Considering I remembered loads on my run through of super metros and I hardly played that I think links awakening might be a very short game for me 😁

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom