The Legend of Zelda - BOTW (Wii U) Play Thread (Spoiler Free)

Easiest of the lot I’d say (if your meaning the main game final boss?)

Yes, Ganon not in Master Mode.

It's funny; I hated the Guardians at first, then I hated the Lynels, then I hated the mini Ganons, but I've beaten them all now.

I suppose I just don't panic and start wildly flailing anymore. I've also stopped crouching which helps!

OkI think Ron will be fine as he completed The Trial Of The Sword. I'm in two minds about that now, maybe I can do it....
You'd breeze it and it's such fun it's criminal to not have a go and see the genius of it.

You'd breeze it and it's such fun it's criminal to not have a go and see the genius of it.

I am tempted now as:

1. I think you said that it had a very satisfying ending/cutscene and I really enjoyed the one from The Champions' Ballad.

2. I don't want the game to end!

Incidentally, just in case anyone hasn't done this yet: go back to your home in Hateno Village afterwards and there's a small reward there too.

If you havn't done it yet and you have time to kill on Hyrule Castle I highly recommend climbing it to the top. Cracking view and some cool treasure chests up there and of course the inevitable right at the top of the spire. :)

It occurs to me that we may not have seen the end of DLC for BOTW. There are still two more hearts required to fill both lines. Really enjoyed the Mipha's ballad shrines. Top game design. "The hidden staircase". Loved that! :)

It occurs to me that we may not have seen the end of DLC for BOTW. There are still two more hearts required to fill both lines. Really enjoyed the Mipha's ballad shrines. Top game design. "The hidden staircase". Loved that! :)

Both my lines are filled with hearts, you wouldn’t have your stamina full by any chance?
You can’t have both.

Both my lines are filled with hearts, you wouldn’t have your stamina full by any chance?
You can’t have both.
Yes. I do have full stamina. You can't have both YET but after the latest DLC we are one closer which makes me think Nintendo built the game this way so they could easily add motivation for future DLC sales.

I'd love it if they added more DLC for this and they should, it's such a huge world that they can keep adding for a long while yet, maybe even remove certain things and put additional structures etc in their place. It would be amazing to see Hyrule change just like places in real life that have things built/demolished over time it would be brilliant to see how the landscape of Hyrule would change over time. Extra DLC content would keep the game fresh and playable for a long while yet.

Just arrived at the final challenge. "The labyrinth". Grabbed the map and saved out. Wow! Most impressive architecture. :)
I eventually killed Phantom Waterblight Ganon earlier and in quite some style.
Used nothing but bombs for the first phase of the fight. Did not take a single hit! :) Then in the second phase I managed to get an arrow knockdown, swam over and unleashed Urbosa's fury. Took him right down to a few hit points. Finished him off with a few more bombs. Never used the tridents at all!
Phantom Thunderblight Ganon was easy by comparison. Got him first go although he did knock me about a bit. The electrical circuit shrine in Urbosa's Ballad was superb. Took me ages to figure out how to move the platform! For quite some time I was convinced there wasn't enough metal parts to do it. Lol!

Quick query: have found the saddle that enables you to call your horse from anywhere in the world, but I don't know how to equip it?

Can I only do this at a stable?

Quick query: have found the saddle that enables you to call your horse from anywhere in the world, but I don't know how to equip it?

Can I only do this at a stable?

Yeah only at the Outskirt Stable where you talk to a girl and she decides whether or not your horse loves you enough first.

Done it [emoji16]
Brum Brum
IMG_2270.JPG

Just one lock left to undo on the labyrinth. Was getting late night and ran out of brain power. Will finish it tonight hopefully. Rat race reality suspends play as usual.

Completed it! Have the ancient masterpiece! Combat capability analysis to follow. :)

This is probably just me, but I'm finding these armour "upgrades" a complete waste of time.

For a start, the Defence rating is laughably low on some of them, like 1. If you wore all three pieces and went to face a Lynel, you'd be dead after two hits!

Secondly, they're hideous! No one in their right mind would wear the Tingle outfit, for example.

I've loved the Champions' Ballad DLC and I know you rate the Trial Of The Sword, Ron, but this other stuff gives you nothing as far as I'm concerned. Yes, the bike looks great and it's nice to be able to call your horse pretty much anywhere now, but I still mostly use my completed Shrines to warp to places.

More stuff to help you in your quest like the Travel Medallion and the Hero's Path would have really made a difference, I feel. And I still can't find those bloody last four Shrines!

Agree about the additional DLC costumes. They are like scouts badges. Nice to collect but mostly useless. The korok mask, travel medallion and Hero's path are useful. A permanent +60 Master Sword is a thing of deep joy never mind the fact that the actual trial to get it is a hoot. It's like a can opener for guardians. :)

A scanner upgrade to global range would've been a great upgrade to assist with finding shrines (or anything for that matter). The shorter recharge time on each champion power for each ballad completion is great and the ancient scrambler bike is superb. I intend to give it a good thrashing tonight.

I notice that you can tackle The Monk multiple times. Is there anything to be gained from doing this? He indicates that you can "reach even greater heights" by fighting him again but I didn't notice any gain from redoing the fight.
I didn't find him hard at all. Just clobbered him with my mighty +60 Master Sword and then x5 Lynel bowed him with ancient arrows. Force Majeure!

Nice touch back at Link's house after completing the Champ's ballad. Thanks for the headsup on that one Derek. :)

Bike based lynel combat. This is just masterful. :)

Well. That's Zelda done for another few years and it has been a blast. I'm off to Switch and Mario Odyssey with cap in hand so to speak. :)

Having just completed the Captured Memories quest (which I had to look up the last two - the forest one I would never have found in a million years and I was tired of running around Hyrule Castle and being lasered by Guardians), I've only got some useless DLC 2 armour to find (not bothered), Hestu to visit to fill the remaining slots, The Trial Of The Sword and Ganon.

Talking of big G, I accidentally ended up at the top of the castle and the whole cutscene started. I wasn't even prepared!

I'm still not ready to finish but Master Mode is way beyond my skill set, so I guess it will all be over within the next few weeks.:(

Just wanted to bump this because this Forum is slowly dying a death and this game is just too great to go with it!

There's a couple of newbies on the Switch version Forum, plus members doubling up like Everett (does the Switch version really look/run better?), but with the Wii U officially dead now I can't see this Thread ever being resurrected, alas.

I did manage to complete The Trial Of The Sword (with some help from my Piggyback guide), find all 120 Shrines (Piggyback again) and 900 Korok seeds (online assistance), and I beat Ganon first time (though struggled a bit with the second part of the battle). And I felt really sad it was all over after dominating my life for 10 months.

Currently playing Wind Waker HD (enjoyable, but it seems so clunky in comparison), to be followed by Twilight Princess HD and Skyward Sword. After that, who knows? Maybe BOTW again!

I’ve completely dropped the ball with this game to be honest. My wife had a cancer diagnosis at the start of the year and has been through surgery since. I’ve been largely a single parent to our three in the meantime so the little bits of game time have been spent on the Switch and MK8 Deluxe, just because that’s the sort of game you can dip into for 5-10 minutes - impossible with BOTW obviously!

The good thing is she is now coming out the other side of it all, the prognosis is very good and I should be able to start delegating some of the chores to her once again :)

I’ve completely dropped the ball with this game to be honest. My wife had a cancer diagnosis at the start of the year and has been through surgery since. I’ve been largely a single parent to our three in the meantime so the little bits of game time have been spent on the Switch and MK8 Deluxe, just because that’s the sort of game you can dip into for 5-10 minutes - impossible with BOTW obviously!

The good thing is she is now coming out the other side of it all, the prognosis is very good and I should be able to start delegating some of the chores to her once again :)

Sorry to hear about the bad parts, delighted to hear that the prognosis is good and things should get back on track for you !

I have no excuse for not playing this game recently, just been busy with other stuff, have made it to MK8D and a bit of other games but not much long session gaming recently. I really need to get back to this too.

Sorry to hear about the bad parts, delighted to hear that the prognosis is good and things should get back on track for you !

Thanks mate. My line of work means I know a lot about cancer and breast cancer in particular. My work brings me into contact with far more poorly patients, so I know it could have been so much worse for us, although my initial reaction was to just to assume the worst! Been a rough few months but hopefully we can put it behind us soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom