The learning to play - Soundcloud clips

The guy I played with a few times over the summer had a Marshall 4x12, was surprised how small it was. Was expecting it to be double the size of the MX212 but it was only slightly bigger, was quite heavy though.

That's odd, the standard Marshall 4x12 I use is nearly double height and same width I would estimate. The 1960 4x12 is wider and taller but that maybe as it's on wheels.

How can it only be slightly bigger, must be double height as two rows of 12" speakers?

Wondered if I'd imagined it but just checked the measurements:

MX212 -750 x 545 x 315
1960 - 760 x 830 x 360

Works out that the MX212 is only around 35% smaller (about the same size as as head sitting on top), surprising isn't.

I guess it's easy to see why as 12" is only 305cm so there must be a fair amount of space in the cab.

Wondered if I'd imagined it but just checked the measurements:

MX212 -750 x 545 x 315
1960 - 760 x 830 x 360

Works out that the MX212 is only around 35% smaller (about the same size as as head sitting on top), surprising isn't.

I guess it's easy to see why as 12" is only 305cm so there must be a fair amount of space in the cab.

Just went and looked at my MX212, it is quite high considering 2 x12" speaker and my Bluguitar Nanocab also has a 12" speaker! Must be a good few inches top and bottom. Suppose so it doesn't look silly low with a Marshall Head on top?

EDIT: Height from Ground:

MX 2x12" speakers horizontal = 21" (including small feet)

Nanocab 12" speaker = 14"

Had another go at an ACDC tone, cycled through a load more presets and found something a bit closer and modded. Not quite right but enough for now.

Helix - Angus

Fingers struggling a bit tonight but you get the idea.

I screwed wheels onto my Orange 112. Not that it moves far but it helps when the room needs hoovering. :)

2015-01-31 11.29.16.jpg 2015-01-31 11.29.34.jpg

Well started to try learn another song ( I'll probably never play that great )
Pretender by the Foo Fighter's, it sure is a tricky one.

Well started to try learn another song ( I'll probably never play that great )
Pretender by the Foo Fighter's, it sure is a tricky one.

Learnt the arpeggio beginning of The Pretender from my guitar tutor about two years ago.

Yes Rockband 3 we did it, one of the best songs along with ... and Justice for All by Metallica.

Sounds like I'm lagging behind [emoji21]

Think it was 6 as I got my RB3 strat for my 40th (2011) if I remember right.

Yep found my very first posting (now 6167) :D

You're right. Bought my first guitar on my 46th birthday,having played RB3 for four or five months. I'll be 52 in April.

Tried uploading to Soundcloud but both were rejected for copyright content (isolated vocal stems/acapellas), had a few YT vids with 3rd party content blocked in more countries/worldwide too, not like I'm trying to make money from my uploads!

Just having some fun trying to fit Maiden style riffs around Bon Jovi vocal track, rough cut, etc.

Also a rough funk/70s cop idea of Metallica's Seek & Destroy, needs an organ track for that classic Ron Jeremy sound:rotfl:.

First proper attempt at recording anything was sitting playing a few chords on the acoustic that I liked the sound of so recorded it into reaper and added some lead and rhythm.. just messing about with the d minor pent scale Acoustic is Fender CD60 Electric is PRS Bernie Marsden drums are the beatbuddy

Demo Jam

Missed this, sounds great, nice 90s brit/indie vibe going on:thumbsup:.

Tried uploading to Soundcloud but both were rejected for copyright content (isolated vocal stems/acapellas), had a few YT vids with 3rd party content blocked in more countries/worldwide too, not like I'm trying to make money from my uploads!

Just having some fun trying to fit Maiden style riffs around Bon Jovi vocal track, rough cut, etc.

Also a rough funk/70s cop idea of Metallica's Seek & Destroy, needs an organ track for that classic Ron Jeremy sound:rotfl:.

Nothing rough about either of them mate, top playing and sounded really slick.

Yep seek and destroy felt like it was missing something but awesome none the less.

Following on from my post in the 'Learning To Play For Real Thread', here's my latest videos I've uploaded :)
(Working on a cover of 'Behind Blue Eyes')

I'm hoping to get more recording done and up of both covers, cover practice and originals :D

Hope you enojoy them, I think I'm starting to 'find myself' a bit, but got a long way to go yet.... and enojying every minute :)

tris

Just finished recording a Hendrix song I keep coming back to every now and again.

Done one-take 'live' versions on rhythm and bass few days ago. Sounded a bit lacking (shit) without vocals so recorded a guitar vocal jam track. In parts, kept losing it on the verse/chorus changes.

Tried to refrain from too much improv, sticking to the vocal melody/phrasing, goes a bit noodly now and again but think I managed to capture most of the main vocal phrases:). Bit off now and again, dodgy bends... but it's all recorded as played, no miming/editing, etc.

Very well put together KFP, like it!

I like it KungFuPro. :)

I saw you mention about copyright on Soundcloud. I'm never really sure what the deal is with this? I've uploaded a couple of our college gig tracks to an 'unlisted' Youtube link which didn't seem to have any issues (cover versions of songs). If I do the same in Soundcloud does it scan the song or check the name somehow?

Still trying to find time to work out how to mix down from my 32 track into a stereo track. Once I've sussed this I'll be able to try uploading some comparison videos of pickups (which may contain bits of copyright songs). Also it would be good to have a crack at uploading a cover like KFP's above. :)

Thanks guys:)

Pretty sure Soundcloud goes by name & sound. I had an upload (Madonna, lol) that wouldn't be accepted until I removed her name from the upload. It's still on Soundcloud so they never picked up on the vocal stem. Into The Groove (Rough Mix) . I recall it had been sped up/pitch altered, probably why it was never flagged (and why it sounds out of tune, can't be me :rotfl:)

Youtube sent me an email about this Hendrix upload, must be the name that triggered an automated email.

Your video "51st Anniversary Guitar & Bass Cover", may have content that is owned or licensed by UMPI, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, ads may appear next to it.

If this is your performance of a third party song then you can still make money from this video. Click here to change your monetisation settings.

This claim is not penalising your account status. Visit your Copyright Notice page for more details on the policy applied to your video.

- The YouTube Team
You should be fine with a band cover, if Soundcloud doesn't like the name of the band it cancels the upload before the 'go to your track' bit. Youtube would just send an email like the one above.

My band's cover of 'Zombie' on Soundcloud said it had 40 seconds of copyright material on it! Rocksmith must have taught me the solo well!

KungFuPro your killin' it, keep it up :D

tris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom