The learning to play for real thread

Tris, I wouldn't stress too much. We all start off with "sausage" fingers. BTW you've lasted a lot longer than most I know, who give up after 3 months ' cause it's harder than it looks. [emoji106]

Also, fair play to you pal for posting video of yourself playing.. Not something I tend to do much. Perhaps I should post a video of all my cheat, lazy way of playing chords. Mind you, your tutor would have a $h1t fit if he saw how I play things. Not exactly the correct way to say the least. [emoji2]

Also gig tonight, Risky Notes at Galore Dance Club:eek:. On at 10.50!

Well my tutor is off for 4 weeks now, so I've time to mull it over wheather I want to carry on or not.
Went over some more ACDC solo, again I could have got this off YT, think I'll be packing it in to be honest.

Anyway just on my way home from the ACDC gig, got to say Axl Rose really nailed it.
Brill night..

Tris good start to the ACDC song, keep going, I'll post my progress soon as I get time.

Went over some more ACDC solo, again I could have got this off YT, think I'll be packing it in to be honest.
Do that and maybe drop in for the occasional lesson at some point. Maybe to target something specific that you feel a need focus on, rather than general tuition?

Anyway just on my way home from the ACDC gig, got to say Axl Rose really nailed it.
Brill night..
Agree, thought Axl was very good and brought a new energy to the band, even Angus seemed livelier than the last time I saw them !! Really enjoyed it as always from AC/DC

Was just reading an old interview with Angus, saying he finds soloing easier than guitar.

Said he'd struggle to play Malcolms part on guitar, but Malcolm could easily play his solo stuff.

Andrew hope the gig went well!

Really plush club, but right in middle of industrial estate so no casual people, musicians from a few bands and some female singers. House band were on when we arrived with really good guitarist, great!

Bad start when second song, Get Back, I looked down to do first solo and fretboard was just black, couldn't see a thing and couple completely duff notes as I lost 7th and 5th frets coming down from 12th! Really worried then with another solo coming up, but I moved close to our singer in the middle where there was some light and fortunately ok from there on in. Lesson learnt, I can play chords in the dark or with eyes closed, but not lead!

Other musicians were complimentary at end not believing we had only been doing this for 7 months, so overall a useful night with a different type of venue played.

Lesson learnt, I can play chords in the dark or with eyes closed, but not lead!

I learned that lesson too....wearing sunglasses on stage !!

Well done Andrew, playing to other bands can be intimidating, but you got through it. Unlike our other guitarist the other week who just stopped playing, you kept going. Nice one :)

Came back on at 11.40 for 4 more numbers. Here's one Barbara recorded on iPhone by Pink.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom