The Learning ... Equipment thread!

Glad you are liking them Graham :cool:
I'm cobbling together poor man's Wazza. I'll post up in a week or so when the part arrives from China.
That sounds interesting!
I put my Lp through them last night, sounded amazing, I had ago when the gyro thing, and yes they were drifting.
But I prefer the surround setting anyway, quite disappointing that the gyro thing doesn't work like it should and takes the tarnish off them a little. ( this might get fixed in a fw update if it can? )

Alot of money for that feature to be half baked imo. But I can honestly say, I'll probably not have my amp on now half the time because these are so convenient and sound killer.

I think version 2 of these will add features and iron out all the small bugs.

I'm still very happy tho.

Seems to be the norm for electronics unfortunately. Get it out there quick, let the consumer test, and get it working as promised after 3 updates. It'll come good eventually.

Shame they are on short supply as I'd like to try a pair to see.

Glad you are enjoying them.

I’m looking forward to the version that is like AirPods with a full Helix built in. :D

Shame they are on short supply as I'd like to try a pair to see.

Glad you are enjoying them.
Amazon had loads a few days ago, even before the big music stores! How does that work?

I think they're all start getting them in the next week or so.
They've been my best purchase yet in the guitar world.
Hopefully I'll feel the same in 6 months or so.

Subscribed! :rotfl:
97C42F38-0816-4D31-A9E8-C02828687793.jpeg

Well finally here. :(
20200215_145210.jpg

Sods law I've ended up with about £180 in Amazon vouchers ,I could of put towards the waza headphones.
O well, I'll see what GAS comes next on Amazon.:clap:
Off to London for 4 days too for BD surprise.
Any music musems anyone can recommend?

Happy Birthday...the cake is great.

Don't know any music museums, but you could have a look down Denmark street guitar shops, though it's not what it used to be.

Was watching a YouTube review on the Waza headphones yesterday, guy said he sat perfectly still facing forward and within two minutes the gyro had started to drift.

How did that get through testing? Or maybe it didn’t and they didn’t think anyone would care?

How big an issue is it general use?

Nice one, Happy Birthday!

Was watching a YouTube review on the Waza headphones yesterday, guy said he sat perfectly still facing forward and within two minutes the gyro had started to drift.

How did that get through testing? Or maybe it didn’t and they didn’t think anyone would care?

How big an issue is it general use?
Doesn't bother me, I just use them in surround mode, you can position the amp/music behind you or left or right where ever you want without any drift.

The gyro thing is a bit gimmicky to be honest, but yes it should work correctly for that much money.

Boss haven't even acknowledged the problem yet tho. Think everyone is hoping for a fw fix. I'm not sure if fw could fix it?

I've hardly them off since getting them, so convenient, and IMO sound fantastic.
Playing along to a song puts you right in the mix.

Thanks everyone for the BD wishes, still don't really know how I feel about reaching a half century, but I bet I'll be 60 before I know it. So I'll embrace it for now.
After all 50 is the new 40 isn't it? :thumbsup:

Yeah, I’ll go with that :rotfl:

Really wasn’t looking forward to my 50th, but it’s just a number, 55 in a few weeks. Dreading my 60th now:rotfl:

With bonus time rapidly approaching, definitely got the Wazas on my list for consideration. Don’t see it replacing the Helix, but could definitely see it replacing the Katana.

Yeah, I’ll go with that :rotfl:

Really wasn’t looking forward to my 50th, but it’s just a number, 55 in a few weeks. Dreading my 60th now:rotfl:

With bonus time rapidly approaching, definitely got the Wazas on my list for consideration. Don’t see it replacing the Helix, but could definitely see it replacing the Katana.
You can plug the headset/guitar dongle into your Helix out and have all your Helix goodness come through the waza, just turn the flat mode on, on the headset.

I've not tried this yet, I should be able to plug the guitar dongle into the headphones out on the kat and send it to the headphones, I'll then have my line 10 wireless from guitar to kat....all wireless.
But still not tried it yet.

Hopefully you'll get the chance to try some 1st. I don't think you'd be disappointed tho.

Great! Just has an email off Gak, where I bought the Line 6 G10 wireless system.
Saying to stop using it with immediate effect, till Line 6 issue a fw update. The battery as been over heating in some cases.

The G10 too was a bit of a mess at launch when I was following the Line 6 forum. Those magnetic charging tips and cable I posted would be good to use if that micro USB socket is still dodgy.

The G10 too was a bit of a mess at launch when I was following the Line 6 forum. Those magnetic charging tips and cable I posted would be good to use if that micro USB socket is still dodgy.
Mines always been plugged in, so never had that problem, if I need move it, I just unplug it at the wall and leave the micro USB attached.

Thanks for the heads up, will unplug mine now.

Cant say I ever noticed it feeling warm, but if I‘ll use my Rowins in the mean time.

Good idea about using the magnetic charging tip, not considered doing that. Actually avoided moving it as it’s a pain as it needs power.

Wish modern amps had a usb-c port and 9v power supply built in. Just seems archaic having to plug everything into a power adapter if you want to play in a different room.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom