The League of Gentlemen

James45

Standard Member
Reaction score
Oh boy new series starting Thursday BBC2 10.30pm - cannot wait. Supposed to be a few new characters introduced from the live show as well.

New Series of Coupling starts tonight as well.

Well Done BBC2:)

I take it you saw Breakfast this morning. I see a lot of the regular characters will not be in this new series. It is suppose to be less dark and more humours.
What do the call the guy with the black make up and pinches women for his wives?

Papa Lazarou

"You're my wife now"

"Hello Dave"

papalazarou02thumb.jpg

"What do they call the guy with the black make up and pinches women for his wives?"

papa lazarou, i think

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"

I hope they don't lighten it too much that would be crazy, I didn't see breakfast this morning either I'm afraid. Still Tubbs and Edward have been saved thank god!

And The Office is back.
And there's a new series of Alan Partridge on the way.
Pinch me!

"Do you know what they wrote on the side of my car?"

Originally posted by Confucius
Papa Lazarou

"You're my wife now"

"Hello Dave"

papalazarou02thumb.jpg
I liked when he was doing the act of speaking to the dead, he was supposed to be talking to a woman’s dead husband.
Woman: can I speak to him?
Papa Lazarou :No.
Woman: Why not,
Papa Lazarou: He’s dead.

Originally posted by lechacal
"Do you know what they wrote on the side of my car?"

cook pass babtridge?:D :D

I saw the first one of the new series being filmed and it was very funny... he's got some new catchphrases as well

Papa was a top bloke

Starts with Pauline getting out of prison

Play had the dvds cheap recently

that was absolutely bonkers

did they just kill off tubbs and edward at the start

that first three minutes was the nastiest, cheapest con-trick pulled on a TV audience... how could they do that to Tubbs and Edward?!:eek: :mad:
To be honest I wasn't impressed with the whole episode... it felt like a diffferent show completely... I'll give it a chance but...

"lines and lines and lines and ....."

Weird start to the series. (I watched the 2nd ep on BBC Choice as well)

It sure didn't seem like they were making it less dark and more humourous. There were a few good gags, but it seemed much more intent on telling a story.

Still, you had to like the coroner's speech. :D

After seeing the way BBC Choice plasters crap across the screen, I guess I'll be watching one ep at a time from now on, though.

Pauline bent over with Ross behind her!!!!!

Great TV moment for.......i was crying with laffter.......

guess it will take sometime for the new characters to settle down...

I think its gonna be a corker.....anyone else see the 2nd episode on BBC Choice directly after???

Originally posted by James45
that first three minutes was the nastiest, cheapest con-trick pulled on a TV audience... how could they do that to Tubbs and Edward?!:eek: :mad:
I thought that was the best laugh in the all show.:D

I hope they bring Pops back.He was one of the best characters.

pops is back briefly in the second show. Watched both episodes again, much better on a second viewing. I like the way the two episodes linked in the final few minutes, hopefully this will be a feature of the series.

I just hope Papa is back he is class

I am still shocked about Tubbs and Edward I am not ruling out a return yet. Tubbs delivered the best line of episode one using one of the precious things as a map to London, saying London was just behind the clock.

Now we have The Office returning Monday, superb

From what I was reading on another forum (not sure how accurate), the whole season is going to take place over the same timespan, featuring different characters. Like ep 1 and 2, they will interact at the end of the episodes.

It'll be interesting if this is actually the case, because it means very few recurring characters, just new stories every week.

i missed it could anyone tell me what ahppened in the first few minutes i have to know seeing as its been talked about so much lol:D

SPOILER BELOW

episodes starts with babs visiting the local shop which is in ruins

he/she says goodbye to David saying she will always love him, he then drives off

camera pans into shop and from beneath the rubble a hand emerges clutching a precious thing

tubbs and edward emerge from the rubble and decide royston is no place for them anymore decide to go to london, using a london precious thing as a map

walking along tubbs delivers a classic line mentioned above

then from nowhere

a train runs them over

:eek: :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom