The Laws of Xbox 360 Ownership

Pooon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Laws

360 Law: Barbie Horse Adventures should only be played on an original Xbox. ONLY test its backward compatibility on an Xbox 360 if you are in possession of a child 7 years old or younger. The ‘Ken Exception’, a movement that if Ken Horse Adventures were released it could be played, was struck down.

360 Law: Under no circumstances will you put stickers on your console. Unless said stickers cover the entire console.

360 Law: Carrying an Xbox 360 backpack is not cool.

360 Law: Never share your hard drive with a friend’s console for more than a day. Tell him to get his own hard drive or download his own games. That is disrespect to your own console and could lead to your own console rejecting you.

360 Law: Gaming sessions should never last more than 24 hours if someone of the opposite gender is involved.

360 Law: Never be close enough to touch knees while gaming with a friend unless that friend is of the opposite gender.

360 Law: If you plug it, you own it. Wired controllers, play and charge cables…are only to be inserted into the USB by its owner. Never let anyone touch your wires.

360 Law: No hands but those of the owner shall handle the 360 in any manner.

360 Law: Never abuse the Guide button mid-game. Abuse includes pressing of the Guide button by a guest without instruction from the host, repeated presses of the Guide button whether accidental or not and other forms of excessive Guide button usage.

360 Law: Your console is not a coaster. Beverages and snacks must be a minimum of 3 feet away at all times. A dirty console is a no-no. Keep it clean.

360 Law: Your 360 headset is not an open tryout for American Idol. Under no circumstances should you sing into the headset while playing. Mute yourself for the sake of your fellow gamer playing with or against you.

360 Law: Have a Gamertag that everyone can pronounce. It is mandatory to upholding the Laws and key to being recognized by the Council and your fellow gamer. Trying to pronounce ‘xryiopyehzzeaiy’ sucks. The Council frowns on unspeakable names. You shall provide proper pronunciation of confusing Gamertag whenever prompted or be in violation of said 360 Law.

360 Law: Sweaty Hands Law. If any person has excessively sweaty hands, they must identify themselves immediately and be issued with a hand cover (gloves) or towel to dry hands. If said person does not have a hand cover or towel, they must supply their own 360 controller.

360 Law: The Vision Camera is not a dating tool.

360 Law: Halo 2 is not next-gen. Halo 3 is. Sending Halo 2 invites after Halo 3 releases or to known next-gen only players is beyond a violation.

360 Law: When the headset is on, NO communication outside of to those involved in the match is possible. Pass this on to anyone presiding in said household.

360 Law: Xbox GamerchiX. You disrespect. You lose respect. The boys like to play with the girls. Obey this.

360 Law: You move it. You lose it. Keep your 360 still! No horizontal to vertical adjustment especially when there’s a game inside. Play it don’t sway it!

360 Law: Hulk no like wasting money on batteries. Hulk like uninterrupted play. Hulk have Play & Charge or Quick Charge kit. Hulk smash silly Xbox 360 owner with batteries.

360 Law: Official celebrations when unlocking Achievements or other milestones achieved during gameplay include high fives, fist pumps in the air or shouting ‘Yeah!’. At no time do you celebrate with a hug and that includes the mythical ‘man hug’.

360 Law: Forcing the action is a rookie move and you’re not Salt ‘N Pepa. Respect your disc tray. Don’t push it. A legitimate 360 owner uses the eject button, the dashboard or the remote to operate the disc tray.

360 Law: Thou shall not covet they neighbor’s Xbox 360 or make regular use of it. Get your own!

The Rules

These are the Xbox 360 Laws. Join the Council and submit more laws today! There is an approval process for each law as well as each Council member. Every submitted law must be examined and verified before making it as an official 360 Law. Every potential Council member undergoes the most extreme scrutiny so that the 360 Laws are upheld forever more.

The Oath

I shall abide by all Xbox 360 Laws both foreign and domestic. I realize that this duty is thrust upon me the minute I claim ownership of an Xbox 360 and I shall willfully learn all current Xbox 360 Laws upon such claim. I further proclaim that I will strike down all offenders of said 360 Laws so that harmony continues to rule over chaos.

“This is my Xbox 360. There are many like it but this one is mine. My Xbox 360 is my best console. I must master use of my Xbox 360 as I must master the Xbox 360 Laws. Before all Xbox 360 owners, I swear this creed.”

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nice one.

Xbox 360 Law:- If splitscreen is used with guests, the owner shall always get the biggest portion of the screen.:smashin:

Haha, classic!

Can I add another rule which I quickly introduced to our flat the other night:

Children unless related or very well trusted & respected friends of close relations, shall not be permited to have any close contact with the 360 at any cost. Viewing from distance however is perfectly acceptable.

:laugh: My girlfiends friend was around the other night with her 3 year old son(who did keep picking his nose BTW). She asked if he could play some games to keep him occupied which I thought, hmm, well fair enough....I suppose.

Anyway, after playing a few games of Red Card & Mario Tennis on the gamecube, he fancied playing some racing games, ok then, onto the Playstation 2 for some Burnout Revenge then. After 30 mins of playing that my gf commented "what about that game you were playing yesterday, Kameo, I think he'd like that one".......:eek:

A couple of seconds of panic before inventing an on the spot excuse, well that one is pretty difficult to follow as there's alot of text, I think it'd be too confusing for him. Phew, lucky my gf or her friend new sod all about consoles, they just nodded their heads & that was the end of it.

Anyway, upon her friend leaving I quickly made sure that situation wouldn't arrise again by saying that I don't want kids touching my 360.

Sorry but no way am I letting some grubby little kid I don't even know get his mitts all over my clean white 360 pad:devil:

Tetlee said:
After 30 mins of playing that my gf commented "what about that game you were playing yesterday, Kameo, I think he'd like that one".......:eek::

:rotfl:

Nightmare, quick thinking there matey.

I'm like that every time my god daughter comes round and wants to play on the laptop. The amount of times i've told her not to jab the screen while looking at the bleeding tweenies website.:nono:

What about 'thou shall not use the composite cable' 'Buy a better TV instead'

can i add this law

No quitting a game half way through just because you are doing badly finish the game and take any ridicule like a Man

How about: Thou shalt sh!t thy pants when the 360 takes a bit longer than normal to boot up:eek:

'if you can hear your 360 fans/dvd drive, you speakers aren't turned up enough'

360 Law: Do not keep inviting someone once they have declined your invite! Take the hint!

360 Law: turn the 360 off and go outside from time to time - the antialiasing is simply amazing!

360 Law: Do not moan about tearing or slow down every time a new game comes out. It's very boring! :boring:

360 Law: When moving your 360, make sure you reconnect the AV lead so as to avoid soiling yourself when presented by some red lights on boot up!

*guffaw* nice one.

360 Law: Do not attempt to perform activities from XBox 360 experiences outside of the house. Racing horseback through the highstreet crowds, bowling over as many as possible, will not earn achievements, similarly powersliding sideways past the Houses of Parliament at 100mph plus is not big, it's not clever, and it's likely to cost you even more than a PS3 :eek:

Mod comment Prey tell why you have to quote the WHOLE post and how in any way, is the above classed as spam?

360 Law: When moving your 360, make sure you reconnect the AV lead so as to avoid soiling yourself when presented by some red lights on boot up!

CAS I like this one having had it happen to me now on two occasions you think i would have learnt the first time......

SuperSaiyan4 said:

360 Law: thou shall not quote a huge post and respond with a stupid smily.

360 Law: thou shall not attach pointless add-ons to the 360 that makes it ugly and noisy, a more serious infraction of this law includes encouraging others to do the same by preying on their fear.

360 Law: More games coming out for the 360 is a good thing, you do not need to analyse the "next genness" of every title and whinge on the forums if every title doesn't meet your impossibly high and ever changing standards.

Haha, great post...

I'll try to think of some more today.:rotfl: :rotfl:

SuperSaiyan4 said:
360 LAW: I know about good games more than many other people.

360 LAW: I know facts from fiction more than other people.

360 LAW: Posting regarding 360 which does not apply to the console itself or actual gaming is :spam:

360 LAW: This thread is :spam:

AV Forums Law : Completely ignoring the comments of moderators and constantly trolling is against the rules of this forum earns persistant members a ban. If they do not learn from their ban then as warned they get another ban.

See you in a month!

thank god

CAS FAN said:
AV Forums Law : Completely ignoring the comments of moderators and constantly trolling is against the rules of this forum earns persistant members a ban. If they do not learn from their ban then as warned they get another ban.

See you in a month!
That's the best law in this thread do it, do it, do it, :rotfl: :smashin:

Edit: see you already did, i've always liked you!! lmao nice one

SuperSaiyan4 said:
360 LAW: This thread is :spam:

A rather dubious meat product in a can is :spam:

My own contribution would be: do not under any circumstances take your 360 to a new place of residence without first checking that it has a phone line installed - and this obviously comes from personal current experience!

Ahh Peace and quiet

For a month at least

360 LAW: If someone rejects a friend request get over it, do not send them abusive messages. Just because someone is near the top of a leaderboard, it doesn't mean they suddenly want to be friends with 200 random strangers.

360 LAW: If you can't get past level 4 on Frogger you won't get the co-op achievement however good the other player is. Asking 10 times a day will not make them more likely to help you, it will only result in a block request.

360 LAW - [mod comment: no insulting comments please]

now that's spam....trolling flaming...or wotever you wanna call it....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom