Quantcast

The lasting legacy of COVID 19

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Please don't forget all the tens/hundreds of thousands of factory workers that no one seems to be giving a toss about, also all the builders still constructing the luxury flats for the rich.

Really showing up 2 classes.

The white collar office staff that scuttle off home to work.
The blue collar poor sods who still have to go to work as normal or risk being sacked by the boss.

I'm struggling with what I'm about to say , I work for a car manufacturer that has shutdown , yet a bloke across the road works for a truck engine manufacturer , and he is still at work .......

Tempest

Distinguished Member
As much as I like Boris, and I find it hard to dislike him as a person.
He has, all week continued to dodge the question again and again.

We have all these people protected by the state, yet we have millions of manual workers who'd health/life! is totally in the hands of the boss, who tells them they have to come into work as normal.
Then totally dependent on what rules, if any the boss decides to put in place.

You can forget about a 2m rule in most places, you'll need to work with others, explain stuff, hands on.
I am upset that these people do not have state protection as the 'office type' people do.

They say, firms must keep their staff safe, but say nothing about checking or enforcement.
Feels like the manual workers are going to take the hit.

IronGiant

One practical tip for making wide kitchen rolls more manageable as toilet rolls is to cut them in half.
This is bad advice unless you are then binning it. Kitchen roll will clog up the sewage system

Tempest

Distinguished Member
This is bad advice unless you are then binning it. Kitchen roll will clog up the sewage system
Indeed, the cat is going to get fed up unblocking the toilet again and again due to using the incorrect paper:

Dave X

One practical tip for making wide kitchen rolls more manageable as toilet rolls is to cut them in half. You can do this with a serrated knife (fine teeth, used to cut tomatoes). Take long, slow strokes, pressing fairly hard rather than sawing. This will reduce ragged edges.
Please don't encourage this, use of kitchen towel in the toilet is a bad idea. Toilet paper is designed differently and made to dissolve when flushed, kitchen towel is designed to do exactly the opposite.

Just go buy TP, it's becoming available again according to social media.

CommonSense

Following some members' comments regarding my tip on the use of kitchen roll as toilet roll above I was not advocating the practice, merely giving what I thought was a useful tip. When I bought kitchen roll a couple of weeks ago it was for the first time because toilet roll was sold out and the sale of kitchen rule had increased as a result it seemed to me. However I accept the comments regarding kitchen roll blocking sewers and take them on board.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Yup watching yesterday's breakfast float across the floor isn't pleasant...:rotfl:

True story.

Top Bottom