The Last Witch Hunter Review

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
Can't say I'm surprised, this has Turkey written all over it.

Har-One

Distinguished Member
Turkey or not I want to see it anyway.

Ripsnorter

"For me, I just wanted to know what black magic it was that convinced Michael Caine to take this role." Just a guess, Kumari, but I think it would have been another case of "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." (Sir Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge). Just on a personal note, the great man once autographed my copy of Zulu, as he took the cover and pen he said, "Zulu, eh?"

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
Turkey or not I want to see it anyway.

Of course...you may actually like it. A lot of films get panned and they may be decent or not but only way you will know is if you see it

Having said that I would love to know your thoughts afterwards as I think this is probably about as good as Ven Helsing was. I've watched some awful films but I always think you can't say something is awful without seeing it yourself...so I'll watch this when it's available on blu

Har-One

Distinguished Member
Of course...you may actually like it. A lot of films get panned and they may be decent or not but only way you will know is if you see it

Having said that I would love to know your thoughts afterwards as I think this is probably about as good as Ven Helsing was. I've watched some awful films but I always think you can't say something is awful without seeing it yourself...so I'll watch this when it's available on blu
Well, I like fantasy, science fiction, fiction films. I think all of that has a place depending of how you feel like. Don't get me wrong I also like other genres. The way I see it is like this. If it is a drama I will go for the acting and story, fiction I will go for the special effects and entertainment, Documentaries I will go for being interesting and truthful. I never expect a drama to have the special effects of science fiction or the rigour of documentaries or any combination of the genres.

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
Well, I like fantasy, science fiction, fiction films. I think all of that has a place depending of how you feel like. Don't get me wrong I also like other genres. The way I see it is like this. If it is a drama I will go for the acting and story, fiction I will go for the special effects and entertainment, Documentaries I will go for being interesting and truthful. I never expect a drama to have the special effects of science fiction or the rigour of documentaries or any combination of the genres.

Yeah sometimes you need some mindless fun etc. I'm the same, I have to be in the right mood to watch something requiring a bit of brain whereas sometimes I just want to watch something containg dick and fart jokes

RSteve2260

Looks pretty naff, the sort of film I'd put on Netflix as background noise whilst I do something more worthwhile, like the ironing, or sleeping.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
That throne looks a bit... derivative ;)

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 11.18.02.png

Har-One

Distinguished Member

I saw it last night. It is turkey with a few bacon rashers. I liked it, I guess I like turkey.

Michael Caine is in it but I have no idea why. It can be slow at times and it could be entertaining. Vin Diesel is the main character. I am selling it well, am I not?:D

Blu is a good option. I like the cinema because the special effects do benefit from the cinema experience.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
I like the cinema because the special effects do benefit from the cinema experience.
..or good home cinema experience. If you need help with that, I know a good website...

Har-One

Distinguished Member

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
Return of the Mummy was good fun!
Is that the second one? Was that not called The Mummy Returns?
I do seem to remember that being ok actually, The scorpion king was pretty poor and it just got worse from there. I have not even watched the last one and I have a brand new copy that came with another set :laugh:

nheather

Distinguished Member
Saw it today. I wasn't expecting much and I got pretty much what I was expecting. With that it mind I found it enjoyable enough - I wouldn't have scored it as low as the reviewer.

Cheers,

Nigel

Har-One

Distinguished Member
Saw it today. I wasn't expecting much and I got pretty much what I was expecting. With that it mind I found it enjoyable enough - I wouldn't have scored it as low as the reviewer.

Cheers,

Nigel
I agree. My expectation was so low that I did not find it too bad. Anyway, I knew what I was watching. It is like going to see a Chinese film called "Kung Fu Warriors" and getting surprised that there were Chinese warrior flying all over town or the forest.

martimu

Thought this was supposed to be DTSX? My copy arrived today with no sign of anything other that DTS HD

The latest video from AVForums

Philips OLED807 Review, The High Price of Hi-Fi, Video Processors plus AV / HiFi News & More
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Marantz set to launch new Cinema Series of AV receivers