The Last Stand (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

You are absolutely right actually, after having it sat on my shelf for a month or so I got really tired of staring at it - so bland and unimaginative (and incredibly thin as well - about the thickness of a kit kat paper )

Really sitting looking at a steelbook for a month...you need to get out more

Really sitting looking at a steelbook for a month...you need to get out more
You mean you don't regularly stare at yours or kiss them goodnight? No? Just me? Ok then.

Nice artwork on this, retro feel of how the movie posters used to look back in the 80's. Not ordered it though.

Why the retro design when it is a modern day film? I know it is about personal preference and all that and we could argue until the cows come home but I'm just putting it out there that I BELIEVE this has been very cheaply designed and thrown together as cheap as possible and very little thought or effort has been put into this. I'll never be able to prove it but hey ho, just my opinion.

...that text is shocking! :nono:

Why the retro design when it is a modern day film? I know it is about personal preference and all that and we could argue until the cows come home but I'm just putting it out there that I BELIEVE this has been very cheaply designed and thrown together as cheap as possible and very little thought or effort has been put into this. I'll never be able to prove it but hey ho, just my opinion.

...that text is shocking! :nono:

This artwork was created ahead of the film's original release, so it wasn't made on the cheap for this release...

I was impressed with the original one sheet when I first saw it, and it seemed a shame to me that all the other promotional material (especially the horribly bland artwork used in the UK that for cinema and blu releases) was so mediocre in comparison.

I'm chuffed that Zavvi went with this, first good release for a while from them IMO.

Why the retro design? Why the hell not?!!

1. This artwork was created ahead of the film's original release, so it wasn't made on the cheap for this release...

2. Why the retro design? Why the hell not?!!

1. Do you have a source for this info?

2. Your opinion would be highly valued in the graphic design industry... :rolleyes:

1. Do you have a source for this info?

2. Your opinion would be highly valued in the graphic design industry... :rolleyes:

1. Look into it if your interested, although I'm sure anyone on here with half a clue will know I'm right.

2. Don't try and be clever, it doesn't suit you.

Last edited:
Here you go sport
ImageUploadedByAVForums1398117909.755857.jpg

The US poster which was almost the same, just added Knoxville credit and "retirement is for sissies" and doesn't have the bodies strewn on the floor.

I personally think it's a great choice but then i am a fan of Mondo/Mondo style artwork.

Attachments

• TLSPoster.jpg
    TLSPoster.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 67
Don't try and be clever, it doesn't suit you.

Not trying to be anything my dear, you love giving your opinion on things and I'm just doing the same.
I just know that in that industry if they asked that question and your ass is sitting across the table and you stood up and said "why the hell not?" as your answer, then expect your P45 waiting for you as you leave matey. You have no clue whatsoever. I admire your fighting spirit on these forums though, always good entertainment. :)

This artwork being created ahead of the films original release also doesn't prove that the design wasn't made on the cheap in any way whatsoever. All it proves is that the design was drawn up prior to release, which still tells us nothing other than "hey, here's a crap design for an upcoming release".

Why can't zavvi start adding a little something different to there steels like the odd slipcase, numbered cards or a lenti magnet, free gifts like stickers or for this issue a sheriffs badge
If your charging £20 plus for most of there crap atleast make it feel worth it

Why can't zavvi start adding a little something different to there steels like the odd slipcase, numbered cards or a lenti magnet, free gifts like stickers or for this issue a sheriffs badge
If your charging £20 plus for most of there crap atleast make it feel worth it
Asian Steel Fever infects another forum member. RIP. :p

Not trying to be anything my dear, you love giving your opinion on things and I'm just doing the same.
I just know that in that industry if they asked that question and your ass is sitting across the table and you stood up and said "why the hell not?" as your answer, then expect your P45 waiting for you as you leave matey. You have no clue whatsoever. I admire your fighting spirit on these forums though, always good entertainment. :)

You're the expert, my sincere apologies.

Lol.

Some of these comments are just damn right funny...ITS JUST A STEELBOOK for pity sake, not the end of the world, if your not fan then why argue and tell others their wrong if they like it. It's all personal preference, I for one actually really like this steelbook. I'd love to see a steelbook for Superman

No one here really knows how much effort has been put into the design. In any case some of the best Steelbooks released have some of the simplest artwork which probably took minutes to produce, so it isn't even really an insult to the artwork.

A previous post states the pre-order has gone live? However it's now showing the standard 'sold out' marker? Without wanting to come across like a div, have I missed a trick here?

I love movie posters like this. How they used to be in the 80's. Some people seem to have strong views that the artwork is rubbish lol. Each to there own.

No one here really knows how much effort has been put into the design. In any case some of the best Steelbooks released have some of the simplest artwork which probably took minutes to produce, so it isn't even really an insult to the artwork.

The artwork used across the UK releases was terrible imo, so I'm really pleased with this effort. I've got the standard German steel, and it's fine, but covered in text and nothing special.

Whether you like the artwork on the Zavvi edition is down to personal preference, but saying's it's rushed/cheap is simply not the case. Once it's in hand, it may well feel cheap or rushed, but that will be down to the finish rather than the artwork used.

A previous post states the pre-order has gone live? However it's now showing the standard 'sold out' marker? Without wanting to come across like a div, have I missed a trick here?

Sold out maybe mate?

Rubbish :( I feared as much. I just assumed it was the standard marker that Zavvi use prior to the pre-order going live. I need to be quicker off the mark it seems.

Shout me nearer the time, I may well have a spare :)

Rubbish :( I feared as much. I just assumed it was the standard marker that Zavvi use prior to the pre-order going live. I need to be quicker off the mark it seems.

It'll be back (like Schwarzenegger) for another chance to order, it's just "first stage" sold out. :)

Some of these comments are just damn right funny...ITS JUST A STEELBOOK for pity sake, not the end of the world, if your not fan then why argue and tell others their wrong if they like it. It's all personal preference, I for one actually really like this steelbook. I'd love to see a steelbook for Superman

Nobody has stated anybody is wrong, just that the steelbook design is rubbish, which is ALSO personal preference and if people think otherwise then more fool them. Expressing how rubbish it looks is just as much commonplace as expressing how great it looks.
I won't be buying it but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it. People dislike the Captain America Winter Soldier design, and have expressed that. As you say, personal preference ladies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom