Question The Last Ship Season 2 UK Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Doctor Hades, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +319
    I picked up season one of this terrific action-packed TV series on Blu-ray over the weekend from Amazon (purely a blind buy) and ended up watching all ten episodes. Honestly, I don't think I've enjoyed a new series this much in years so I am itching to watch the second series as it ended on a cliff-hanger. Despite the fact that season 3 is due in June of this year, I was surprised to find that season 2 is not yet available to buy here in the UK.

After a bit of searching on the US Amazon site, I found that season 2 is released on Blu-ray over there on 3rd May 2016 but there is no listing on the UK site except for buying or renting that season digitally (which I am not interested in as I prefer physical media, particularly as I own season 1).

Does anyone know if and when it is being released here in the UK. I could import it from the US but at $49.99 (£35) it is not cheap (season 1 cost me just £17) but only as a last resort.

2. mikemag

mikemag
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,475
    I couldn't guarantee it, but shows like this tend to be discounted by Amazon not too long after release, my copy was $20 plus shipping about a month later.

Alternatively, JB HiFi have the Australian release for Au$40 plus shipping with a release date of May 4th. Maybe that would work out cheaper for you ?

Totally agree with you about the show, definitely a guilty pleasure :)