[] Director s Cut option (SD only) with commentary
[] Alternate ending
[] The Art of Seduction - making of documentary
[] Original theatrical trailer
[] Tomorrow I Die an episode of Fallen Angels
[] Commemorative booklet

Distributor's page

Awesome film :clap:

One of the best of the 90s , fingers crossed we get John Dahl other great 90s film Red Rock West out on Blu as well.

Day one purchase.

One of those films I caught by accident when it was on years ago and really enjoyed it!

One of the best of the 90s , fingers crossed we get John Dahl other great 90s film Red Rock West out on Blu as well.

Day one purchase.

Love Red Rock West, still have an ex-rental VHS copy, which is useless with no VHS player so bring on a Blu of it too.

Got mine:
6yzl4qy.jpg

fM07EHW.jpg

Locked B.

Had a quick look and it knocks the socks off any transfer of the film I've seen before -will try and watch it this weekened.

Should have mine Sunday from Amazonia. Can't wait....:)

I flubited mine, so should receive it sometime next week. Karlin's post has me VERY excited. I LOVE this film.

Watched this -still a wonderful film. Image is fantastic they've pretty much left the grain alone so it's where it should be and if there looks like there's a bit of DNR that's actually Fiorentino's vampish makeup and all the men are pastey and pale because that's how they really are in Fiorentino's mind :p

Extras -just the same as the old 2DVD Granada/Network release so everything is SD although the promo images look HD and there you can see how the grain actually was in camera -in the bar for example.

A really horny film and Fiorentino makes Sharon Stone's character in Basic Instinct look like the Flying Nun on bath salts.

Watched this -still a wonderful film. Image is fantastic they've pretty much left the grain alone so it's where it should be and if there looks like there's a bit of DNR that's actually Fiorentino's vampish makeup and all the men are pastey and pale because that's how they really are in Fiorentino's mind :p

Extras -just the same as the old 2DVD Granada/Network release so everything is SD although the promo images look HD and there you can see how the grain actually was in camera -in the bar for example.

A really horny film and Fiorentino makes Sharon Stone's character in Basic Instinct look like the Flying Nun on bath salts.

Nice report, man. So pleased to hear that Network has done this film justice in regards to the transfer. They don't have a reputation for manipulating their images, so I certainly didn't expect a DNR botch job on this. Good to hear that it looks organic and the like.

Can't wait! Fiorentino as THE ultimate femme fatale in high definition? Outstanding.

Like theprestige cheers for summary , mine should be with me today as so I will give it a watch tonight haven't seen for a long time but it was on repeat in my teenage years so looking forward to revisiting it.

And yes fully agree and Fiorentino making Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct look like a nun:)

Karlin..I just checked one of the user reviews on that dodgy forum blu-ray.com and this bloke says that the PQ is weak...

He's talking about how there are some serious compression issues and the like. Is he telling the truth or has he accidentally watched the standard definition director's cut or something???

Heres a link to the post in question. Geezer's name is Smoker25 and he posted caps of the blu ray.

The Last Seduction (1994) - January 26, 2015 - Page 3 - Blu-ray Forum

I won't be able to check for a few days.

Please tell me he's got it wrong???

I don't trust people who say "PQ" -it's like overly white teeth.

The film looks great to my eyes and I'd hope people make their own decisions once they see it in motion.

I could post a screengrab of where Fiorentino decamps from the taxi under the Brooklyn Bridge -it looks amazing- but that's not fair as the film looks different in so many other scenes.

Wait until you get the Blu-ray!

...I wasn't going to click on this link to look but thought i should.

That last image direct link is downloadable here (2.8mb for those not on broadband).

Eh, that's not what I fudgeing seen.

Looks like some sort of SECAM to PAL conversion or the guy's on bath salts and his setup is all fudgeed up.

...I wasn't going to click on this link to look but thought i should.

That last image direct link is downloadable here (2.8mb for those not on broadband).

Eh, that's not what I ****ing seen.

Looks like some sort of SECAM to PAL conversion or the guy's on bath salts and his setup is all ****ed up.

Heh, well I think it's safer to trust someone like yourself than anybody on that site, Karlin. You seem to know your stuff. I received it yesterday so will give it a spin towards the end of the week. He probably has a dodgy set up or something, you're right.

Everybody sees something different -I was bowled over by the film transfer with my mind on what I'd seen before of the film on home video. I watched the film in motion too (motion pictures are best seen like that and not PNG'd to death). You can screengrab any film (and I mean film) to video and find 'problems' with a PNG lookielike.

I watch films not look at them so I'm no expert. The recent brouhaha about the French release of A Matter of Life or Death left me stunned -I thought it looked great.

It's just an opnion.

Watch it guys and decide. There MUST be compression, there MUST be grain -it's a video scan of film material.

Try and watch it not look at it.

Hey, i'm only going by what that and some other geezer said, mate. I certainly don't want to believe that the compression is that bad. Maybe the compression is dodgy in specific places and alright most of the time? I don't know. I do know that it's probably going to look better in motion,yes. Hopefully m uch better.

We're the same, Karlin. I don't nitpick every piece of imperfection on a blu ray print. I'm a lover of the film format, so seeing natural grain is something I find very comforting. However, compression can make that grain appear more uglier than it should.

Anyway, like you said, it's probably much better in motion and we have no idea what these guys set ups are like. They're probably watching on 96 inch set that uncalibrated and the like.

I wasn't getting on at you -it was a general rant! :)

Well to help out and support karlin I watched it Sunday night and it looked fine to me , I did go for the 2.0 on the audio as the 5.1 was all over the place for me.

You seem to know your stuff too, J.J. so your endorsement has me even more optimistic. I wasn't doubting Karlin btw, but if people post caps like that I have to acknowledge it. I'm sure it's a much finer transfer than has been posted. The DVD version truly was a miserable looking master :)

You seem to know your stuff too, J.J. so your endorsement has me even more optimistic. I wasn't doubting Karlin btw, but if people post caps like that I have to acknowledge it. I'm sure it's a much finer transfer than has been posted. The DVD version truly was a miserable looking master :)

To be fair I don't suffer from the DNR/edge thing that a lot of people can see on a lot of titles , some of it way way OTT but other times I can see where they are coming from and like I have always said if it looks fine to that person then so be it , he is happy and that is all that counts , just like if you like a film and someone else doesn't.

All I know I have one of my favourite films at last in HD and it looks good to me.

I'm sensitive to DNR. Edge enhancement, not so much, but that might be because my display is not 40 inches. But DNR is just about the worst thing for me after incorrect aspect ratio.

But if you don't zoom in on those caps, the image looks rather good. I'll have to see with my own two eyes, just like you guys say.

Comparison with the DVD here

"crushed blacks" -I may have to get my coat :D

Looks good to me still.

That seems like a fair review. I've still yet to see it for myself, though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom