The Last of Us/Until Dawn - PS3 exclusive zombie game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:eek: interesting find dude hopefully more information will be released

Yes I have been following this for the past week or so and am looking forward to the reveal trailer tonight.

Seems to be a big thing at least for Sony's US first party studios. I think SSM will be the main developer but with a lot more input than usual from others.

Here is what lengths they maybe going to, to build hype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jfF9y_Z6Zvg

Great find by this guy at iWaggle if true!

Check out the sub-headline on this image found on the teaser site Lastofus.com:

http://imgur.com/zDaSX.jpg

We don't have any decent zombie games on the playstation other than Dead Island which I must say is awesome

yeah sitting watching the VGA's and this game has gone from something I wanna check out to day 1 purchase based on the trailer and the fact its Naughty Dog.

It's developed by Naughty Dog :D

Damn them! I was right that they have been working on their next game, but thought it would be for PS4! (with 2 full teams I guess they still can be)

The game looks very good, so look forward to more info.

The game looks epic + naughty dog = super epic = day 1 buy *jizz*

Zombie themes are getting a bit played out, but ND has earned some leeway. Any mention of a potential release time frame?

Zombie games have I've played Left 4 dead 1 and left 4 dead 2 aswell as dead island and came to a conclusion I love zombie games.

No release time mentioned I would guess either Q4 2012 or Q1 2013

This is exactly that the Playstation Brand needs. Naughty Dog are probably the best developer out there and the fact this will be exclusive is even better.

The did their own Tomb Raider for Playstation with Uncharted and they could be doing their own Resident Evil now too :thumbsup:

With this now probably being Naughty Dog's next release, i reckon Nathan Drakes next Adventure will be on the PS4.

Im quite happy with drake not appearing on home consoles till ps4. Especially if the Vita is going to be getting more after Golden Abyss. Especially if they made it a launch title.

Really cant wait for The Last of Us though. Reckon its now my most anticipated game after Mass Effect 3

Naughty Dog have confirmed it isn't a "zombie game". Plus they took the idea from the Cordyceps fungus that kills insects as shown on Planet Earth!

Wow.

Just watched the trailer on the psn store. Looks amazing.

Wow.

Just watched the trailer on the psn store. Looks amazing.

Especially as all the footage is taken from the PS3 and isn't pre-rendered. Looks like a new contender for the "best looking game on a console" crown...

It's these kind of Graphics and games from the 1st party devs show why i wont be in such a rush to jump to the PS4. They look good enough for me right now

I just bought a PS3 because of this game, looks amazing.

RandomLee said:
I just bought a PS3 because of this game, looks amazing.

Go and get all the uncharteds then, the graphics on 2 & 3 are still the best out there yet.

And they are secondary to the cinematics and plot ;)

Just watched the trailer on the PSN too. Damn, that was a damn compelling trailer. I feel I already know the father and daughter now. It doesnt matter what genre ND take on, it seems there will always be heart and soul in their games and a great story. Really look forward to this one. I miss Drake, Sully, Elena and Zoe though!

Go and get all the uncharteds then, the graphics on 2 & 3 are still the best out there yet.

I got 2 and 3 yesterday (£8 & £16!). Off to buy 1 now if i can find a used non plat vetsion on the highstreet :)

I got 2 and 3 yesterday (£8 & £16!). Off to buy 1 now if i can find a used non plat vetsion on the highstreet :)

I recommend you definitely start playing from the first one. You want to get to know the characters from their initial introductions and also their developing relationships which makes the sequels even more enjoyable to play. Even though there are improvements in the graphics with 2 and 3, the first one is still thunderous achievement and will have you hooked from the word go.

First in-game screens.

Joel-points-out-bridge.jpg

Joel-and-Ellie-in-well-lit-street.jpg

Joel-hit-with-plank.jpg

Looks very good.

Awesome. Its just got that awesome Uncharted look to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back