The Last Ever Fast Show ?

Spookyville

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, not only miffed at about 42 mins missing from the DVD compared to the TV episodes shown over Xmas, But....

Has anybody got any technical issues with this disc ? I have problems with pixelation and disc crashing on the chapter where the "Black" painter sketch begins. With the BBC admitting there is an issue with Wallace and Gromit I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this...

Note that the Fast Show DVD was labelled 'Part 1'. It's not unreasonable to expect another disc sometime in the future (depending on sales for the first one).

------------------
Tschaikowsky:

Was he the tortured soul who poured out his immortal longings into dignified passages of stately music?

Or was he an old poof who wrote tunes?

Not sorrect Pete. The Part 1 on the DVD was a joke....

TV - Parts 1, 2 and 3 approx 40 mins each.

The DVD - approx 78 mins long comprising of sketches from all 3 parts of the show on TV.

Leaving approx 42 mins of material off the DVD - thats not enough for another DVD release.

If the DVD lasted 40 mins as the part 1 on the TV I could believe it...

Firstly I did not make a statement of fact, I merely theorised as to why this may have occured. Please do not infer ideas that were not necessarily implied.

Secondly, did you see 'You Ain't Seen These, Right?'? that in addition to a 'Last Ever Fast Show pt2' would make a fine DVD.

Lastly, the idea of having a second set of sketches from the series also labeled as 'Last Ever' is in itself humorous.

------------------
Tschaikowsky:

Was he the tortured soul who poured out his immortal longings into dignified passages of stately music?

Or was he an old poof who wrote tunes?

[This message has been edited by PeteH (edited 03-01-2001).]

The "you aint seen these right" show was originally screened on BBC2 as part of there fast show night back in september of 1999.

I remember seeing somewere somebody else saying that the part one thing was just a joke also, but that said same person also said that that release had ALL the sketches from the last 3 shows

So I guess we will have to wait and see

Well seen as you are getting shirty Pete - One final point - the question posted wasn't answered.

wink.gif

I've calmed down a bit now
smile.gif

To be honest I don't have it yet (it's on the way from Play) I was expecting it today, but it didn't arrive. I'll let you know if I notice anything strange at the point you mention.

In answer to the original querey, I've played this disc all the way through (on both a Tosh 100 and PS2) with no glitches.

[This message has been edited by PeteH (edited 07-01-2001).]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom