1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Land That Time Forgot

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Setenza, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    I recently purchased this title from a Danish DVD online retailer. They sourced a R2 German copy that came in Super Jewel case with out any inlay card. Still I'm not complaining, as it's the only version that I know of, available at present.

The picture is anamorphic 1:85:1 and not in too bad condition considering the age. The print has MGM disrtibution credits. Extras include a cut down 71 minute version of the film edited for German home markets. An original "making of" featurette (which has a interesting litlle interview with miniature supremo, Derek Meddings), posters and stills.

I have fond memories of this film. I saw it in summer 75 on the Isle of Wight whilst on holiday, at the age of 7. This was in the days when such movies that featured action and dinosaurs were not two a penny, and it left a lasting impression.

Those viewing it today, and judging it by contemporary standards are really missing the point. Despite it's cheap and cheerfullness, it is an honest, seriously taken drama that entertains at an even pace, and reflect an era of film making that has now sadly waned. IE Independent genre film making.

Submarines, rubber dinosurs and Doug McClure. Excellent stuff!

I also felt compelled to pick up the R1 copy of the sequal "The People That Time Forgot" and "At The Earth's Core". Hope they release "Warlords Of Atlantis".

Trivia point. John McEnery who played Captain Von Schoenvorts was apparently dubbed by Anton Diffring, as he didn't sound German enough.

2. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    Classic stuff. "You can't mesmerise me - I'm British!" :D

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +963
    Caroline Munro looks particularly tasty in that skimpy leather skirt/cami combo she sports in At The Earths Core.
    Lord knows what she's supposed to see in Doug McClure, though:rolleyes: as if she'd ever lower her standards that low.... :laugh:

Corking film though. They just don't make 'em like that any more

4. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Don't forget Dana Gillespie (Ajor) spilling out of her costume in the sequal. See picture bellow for visual verification.

[​IMG]