1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The land that time forget film with Doug McClure

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Paul Young, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone remember watching this film and other film like it. I know the monsters are cheap and nasty but it is fun to watch it. My favourite movie is Journey to the centre of the earth with peter cushing and Doug. Peter Cushing is great in it !!
    The flying Gorgons or what ever the name are called when they close there eye lids to select a person and swoop down and to take there prey is good fun to watch.
    I always watch these 70s movies when they are repeated even though i seen them several times. It will be great to have them on DVD. Is Doug McClure still around ?

2. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Doug died of cancer in 1995.

His spirit lived on in the Simpsons as Troy Mclure, you may remember him from such...as....

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,339
    I think the name Troy McClure was also made up from the actor Troy Donahue. As to Doug McClure his most famous role was Trampas in The Virginian.
    Paul I think the film was called "At the Earth’s Core" and was sorry I did not like the film, despite it staring my favourite actor, and gentleman Peter Cushing, and staring the lovely Caroline Monro.
    By the way the actor who played The Master was in "The Land Time Forgot"

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Phwooar Caroline Monro ! They don't build em like that any more!

Anyone remember terrible star wars rip off " Star Crash " with her in it and I think an early version of David Hasselhoff ? Terrible right down to the laser swords sequence. So incoherent it was almost avant garde!

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,339
    Your right Mr D about David Hasselhoff, I saw Starcrash, it was terrible, bad direction (kill, kill, kill them all) most of all, iffy special effects, and some bad acting, Caroline Munro only good thing in it. She should have been a Bond girl (one he ends up with) rather that a short live baddie. She was one of the best looking women of her generation. I saw her giving an interview, I think on a James Bond exhibition within the last 2-3 years and she still looked stunning.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.