The Lair (TBC) directed by Neil Marshall

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Neil Marshall (The Descent) to helm subterranean creatures horror, The Liar.
“The Lair” centers on Royal Air Force pilot Lt. Kate Sinclair, who is on her final flight mission when her jet is shot down over one of the most dangerous rebel strongholds of Afghanistan. She finds refuge in an abandoned underground bunker where deadly man-made creatures — half-human, half-alien and hungry for human flesh — are awakened. Sinclair barely escapes and unknowingly leads the creatures known as Ravagers back to a U.S. army base.

Marshall:
“If ‘The Reckoning’ was a gothic drama in testament to the power and resilience of women, then ‘The Lair’ is my true return to full-blooded horror and intense genre action in the style of ‘Dog Soldiers,’ ‘The Descent’ and ‘Doomsday. I’m making something scary as hell, pulse-pounding and great fun. This is a crowd pleaser, an adrenaline pumping roller-coaster ride; spectacular and loud, inspired by classic genre movies like ‘Aliens,’ ‘Predator’ and ‘The Thing’ and their incredible use of practical creature FX. Featuring a new breed of screen terror, ‘The Lair’ will be a snarling, ravenous beast of a movie. I’m going to get my hands bloody making this one!”

Last edited:
OMG after The Reckoning, WHYOHWHY would you cast Kirk as the lead in another movie.

Oh, hang on, I remember why...

Fingers crossed she won't insist on looking like a supermodel throughout the battle scenes again, worked out tremendously during 17th Century torture sequences last time around.

the-reckoning-release-date.jpg

So she (29) is known for getting together with studios execs and is currently "living" with Neil Marshall (51) according to the reliable internet source of all wisdom and fact that is wikipedia.

Kinda makes me cringe tbh.

I’m interested in this to see if he can make a film as good as the descent, and I’m on about the UK version

TBF I felt that Dog Soldiers was already inspired by those movies.

I’m interested in this to see if he can make a film as good as the descent, and I’m on about the UK version
I’d say the chances are 1 in a hundred. Always interested in what he does next but he peaked so high with The Descent (brilliant movie), he’ll never match it again. Non of his efforts have come close. Though, he’s probably done more TV stuff in the past 10-15 years than film.

I quite enjoyed doomsday as well for a weird mix of mad max, escape from New York type vibes but I’ve never really gone back to it aside from its initial release.

I didn't believe Neil Marshall had a film this bad in him, but I do genuinely think he'll struggle to make one worse.

Neil says "challenge accepted"
Neil-Marshalls-The-Lair-will-be-a-full-on-monster-movie.jpg

He's made a couple of blinders early on and done some solid tv work but his last couple of films with his Mrs in the lead role have been truly awful. She has this uncanny ability to be the worst thing in every scene she's in and she's in just about all of them. Don't get me wrong, everyone else in it couldn't act their way out of a paper bag either, but somehow she's always worse.

Surprisingly I didn't hate it much as John, a watchable monster B movie, Jamie Bamber as Major Roy Finch, the accent 🤣
I didn’t mind Charlotte Kirk, the whole thing lacked suspense and scares, a small roller coaster thrill ride 6/10

AA48BBF6-AF7E-4A26-80C4-8F6A17EA3478.jpeg

Last edited:
well it ain't Dog Soldiers, from that trailer.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom