The Knights Templar and The crusades.

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
Per the title, I'm after a good book that covers the entire history of The Knights Templar and The crusades. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Thanks guys.

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
For a very lighthearted look into it once you have had your academic fill, try the Broken Sword games.

BT Bob

Distinguished Member
The Da VInci Code? ;)
I enjoyed reading this, but not sure about the factual content!

However, you could try Holy Blood & the Holy Grail by Michael Baigent - the book Brown based a lot of the content on. It does cover the Knights as well as the Holy Grail story.

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
Give these a try "The Templar Knight" (Crusades Trilogy) by Jan Guillou, not history as such but a damn fine read.

For a no frills historical account try
The Templars: The Dramatic History of the Knights Templar, by Piers Paul Read.

Olly13

Give these a try "The Templar Knight" (Crusades Trilogy) by Jan Guillou, not history as such but a damn fine read.

For a no frills historical account try
The Templars: The Dramatic History of the Knights Templar, by Piers Paul Read.

Piers Paul Read is good, my favourite is Dungeon, Fire and Sword by John J Robinson:

Dungeon, Fire and Sword: The Knights Templar in the Crusades by John J. Robinson Dungeon, Fire and Sword: The Knights Templar in the Crusades: Amazon.co.uk: John J. Robinson: Books

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom