The King's Man Movie Review & Comments

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
I gave it a 6 as well. Daft, all over the place but entertaining while it’s on.

Agree with the review, as always the trailer promises more than what the film had to offer. Wish I had gone to see Spiderman now!

Not seen it, but sounds disappointing. I am a big fan of the first, I can tolerate the second when I am the mood, and this sounds like more of the same (if not worse...). Will still watch when its available on home release though!

Yeah I agree with the review,it’s an entertaining 6 with flaws.

Loved the first one, the second one was just The Elton John Show, I'm hoping this is better.

Loved the first one, switched off the 2nd one after the cartoonish opening scene, and really hoped that the 3rd one would redeem itself, but it doesn't seem so.

Thanks Mark. Looks like a perfect film to wait for to hit one of the streamers. I can bypass a cinema trip in this instance.

Mark isn’t wrong about the whiplash-inducing tonal lurches. But somehow for me it worked. And the serious stuff included some of my favourite moments. The trench scenes in particular were astounding and shattering.

It’s like 1917 had a baby with a Carry On movie.

Still for me it was a terrific fast paced surprise 7.5/10

I was hoping for better than the 2nd one but alas not, soo a lowly 5 from me.

Having read what others have said, I liked it better than I thought I would.
A bit sweet and sour compared to the first two, which is probably not what folk expected.
Maybe not the best origin movie ever but reasonable enough nonetheles.

Watched it on Disney+ last night. Superb picture quality via JVC NX7. Great that it’s available so quickly.

Yes it’s over the top but we loved it and the tonal shifts and variety of content, characters and settings was just great fun. Very funny in places.

Apart from the final act I thought it was poor. 5/10.

Yep, Rasputin was fun but apart from that it struggled to engage me.

Thanks Cas. We watched it yesterday & I completely agree with your view on the tonal shifts. Rasputin Dance Fight & the end section definitely the highlights for me. Plus the Beautiful Big Houses (Grew up in Debyshire, love a Big House).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom