The King's Man Movie Review & Comments

Cartman4x

Agree with the review, as always the trailer promises more than what the film had to offer. Wish I had gone to see Spiderman now!

xar

Not seen it, but sounds disappointing. I am a big fan of the first, I can tolerate the second when I am the mood, and this sounds like more of the same (if not worse...). Will still watch when its available on home release though!

carpman0401

Yeah I agree with the review,it’s an entertaining 6 with flaws.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Loved the first one, the second one was just The Elton John Show, I'm hoping this is better.

djskampy

Standard Member
Loved the first one, switched off the 2nd one after the cartoonish opening scene, and really hoped that the 3rd one would redeem itself, but it doesn't seem so.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Thanks Mark. Looks like a perfect film to wait for to hit one of the streamers. I can bypass a cinema trip in this instance.

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
Mark isn’t wrong about the whiplash-inducing tonal lurches. But somehow for me it worked. And the serious stuff included some of my favourite moments. The trench scenes in particular were astounding and shattering.

It’s like 1917 had a baby with a Carry On movie.

Still for me it was a terrific fast paced surprise 7.5/10

MrNikeR

I was hoping for better than the 2nd one but alas not, soo a lowly 5 from me.

xar

johnny-17

Having read what others have said, I liked it better than I thought I would.
A bit sweet and sour compared to the first two, which is probably not what folk expected.
Maybe not the best origin movie ever but reasonable enough nonetheles.

jeremy bender

Watched it on Disney+ last night. Superb picture quality via JVC NX7. Great that it’s available so quickly.

Yes it’s over the top but we loved it and the tonal shifts and variety of content, characters and settings was just great fun. Very funny in places.

SyStemDeMoN

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Yep, Rasputin was fun but apart from that it struggled to engage me.

tomprescott_128

Has anyone got a problem with the Dolby TrueHD Audio Track on the 4k blu ray. I get the glitch sound at 01:53:34. Where he shouts ‘get up, get up’ it does not do it on Dolby digital. Its Always in the same place.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom