The killing of defenceless animals .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite appearances in a recent thread about flying rats , I would like to say that I dont routinely despatch animals for fun , the flying rat in question was pretty much done for before my mate pulled its head off , there , that's got that off my chest :lol:

You aren't helping by calling them "flying rats" :thumbsdow

Whats this about ?

Well I routinely kill pigeons that sit on a tree above our cars so they don't poo on them. although having said that I have not had to do so for over a year now. :thumbsup:

I don't do it for fun or anything else it is to stop the cars getting poo on them.

And last time I checked pigeons weren't exactly the most loving or endangered of species.

Some people need to find that out.

Deadringers said:
Well I routinely kill pigeons that sit on a tree above our cars so they don't poo on them. although having said that I have not had to do so for over a year now. :thumbsup:

I don't do it for fun or anything else it is to stop the cars getting poo on them.

And last time I checked pigeons weren't exactly the most loving or endangered of species.

Some people need to find that out.

You haven't learned anything from the fact that the other thread was closed, have you?

'sit on a tree above our cars'. Cut the trees down!

You haven't learned anything from the fact that the other thread was closed, have you?

Or get a cover for the car ;)

But then the tree hugging society will come after me for that?

they are pigeons! get over it. they **** everywhere, cost us millions of £s of damage each year and don't do anything useful.

And there are more then enough of them going around.

Deadringers said:
But then the tree hugging society will come after me for that?

they are pigeons! get over it. they **** everywhere, cost us millions of £s of damage each year and don't do anything useful.

And there are more then enough of them going around.

Trees are worse. They don't coo anything either.

Hmm.. I shoot foxes.. not because they **** on my car but because they often eat one or two of my poor defenceless ducks and rip several others to shreds simply because 'thats what they do'..

Does that make me a bad person for taking a life to save countless others?

Ari33 said:
Hmm.. I shoot foxes.. not because they **** on my car but because they often eat one or two of my poor defenceless ducks and rip several others to shreds simply because 'thats what they do'..

Does that make me a bad person for taking a life to save countless others?

Now that I don't mind. :rolleyes: Especially because you're saving ducks.

"Flying rats"? What's wrong with "Sky rats"?

I hate them too, they're vermin, and I do everything I can to try to frighten them to death in the street by going BOO! at them.

It would make my day if one of them failed to avoid the wheels of a bus in time. :D

JAMFish72 said:
" I do everything I can to try to frighten them to death in the street by going BOO! at them.
n:

:rolleyes:

So do you also shoot humans for their inability to open doors sensibly at car parks, to avoid denting neighbouring cars?

Humans ought to know better... pigeons don't exactly fly around 'vandalising' cars do they?

I know who i'd rather shoot!

i must admit i have an issue with wood pigeons and turtle doves. noisy little gits mean i often get woken up at 5am and have to close the windows. the constant annoying cooing noise just goes through me. 10 year at the old house they constantly messed my sleep up. i either have to close windows or get woken up.

they arent so bad at my new house so i have mellowed to them a bit. if they land in the garden the dog tries to get them but she obviously forgets they can fly :facepalm:

So do you also shoot humans for their inability to open doors sensibly at car parks, to avoid denting neighbouring cars?

Humans ought to know better... pigeons don't exactly fly around 'vandalising' cars do they?

I know who i'd rather shoot!

A completely ridiculous comparison if I may say.

Humans follow a set of rules/laws and if these get broken you must pay up or face the charges bought against you.

Whereas pigeons cannot use any verbal reasoning.

btw why do you love these little poo machines so much?

Humans follow a set of rules/laws and if these get broken you must pay up or face the charges bought against you.

Whereas pigeons cannot use any verbal reasoning.

Exactly! Animals cannot be told/abide by our laws so rather than taking the necessary steps to protect ourselves we just kill them. Even though they are none the wiser and are only doing what's natural.

We lock lions in cages and then jump inside with them, hitting them with whips/sticks etc, then they pounce and lock their jaws around our necks doing what is natural to them (in defence). Then we have the ****ing nerve to rather than say well it was our fault we shouldn't have really done that and just leave the person to die, we just unload guns into them. Why?

Sharks were here well before us but we think the sea belongs to us so god forbid such an animal taking human life because we want to take a dip!

Humans - ruining nature/the world since day 0!

Ultimately though, they are just animals. Why is everyone gets so precious about them?

For fun I sometimes go "killing defenceless animals" in the form of a days game shooting. This is mostly pheasant, partridge and duck. Does that make me some sort of monster? I think not.

Ultimately though, they are just animals. Why is everyone gets so precious about them?

For fun I sometimes go "killing defenceless animals" in the form of a days game shooting. This is mostly pheasant, partridge and duck. Does that make me some sort of monster? I think not.

Technically we are also animals Andy.. ;)

I dont have a problem with game shooting as long as the birds are eaten, that way its not just mindless bloodsport.

do you eat the animals you kill or just kill animals for fun. if its the second one then you are a monster. i dont have issues killing animals for food but killing animals for fun makes you scum in my eyes.

its weird how many serial killers started off killing small animals for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom