The Killer

L

loafer316

For those interested in Hong Kong films might know that Hong Kong Legends are bringing out John Woo's The Killer on DVD on the 21th October.

The transfer will be a proper widescreen anamorphic remastered and DD 5.1 mix job..hopefully as good as all their other releases.

I never got the Criterion Edition....which was never really a good transfer/non anamorphic and the auctions selling it for £165 seem silly now!!!. Instead i had the totally Pants!! Liber Fox sumthin jobby.

you can order the film from them direct for £14.99

http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/ or i think play are also selling it.

Hi,

Seems okay, but why couldn't Hong Kong Legends get a documentary about the making of the film, or about its success added on to the DVD as well?

This is one of the most eagerly awaited DVD films, and they have made it a single-discer! Bah humbug! :mad:

Now if only HKL could get the rights to "Hard-Boiled" and do a complete frame-by-frame clean-up and restoration of the entire film from a completely uncensored master print, remaster it, remaster the sound into DTS, retranslate and remaster the subtitles, AND include a documentary (on a separate disc) showing how all the stunts were done, and I'd be a far-happier bunny!

Not to mention an audio commentary by John Woo and Chow Yun-Fat as well, or at least a new interview with the two of them; deleted scenes; cast and crew interviews; behind-the-scenes materials; animatics of the stunts and choreography; outtakes and bloopers, as well! All of that would be soooo cool! ;)

I can dream, can't I?! :D

Pooch

When is someone going to sort out a release of Bullet In The Head thats what I want to know.

HKL have it down for next year.
Now you know Kev:p

Excellent I hope it's a good one.:D Any Idea when?

We can only dream Pooch!! hehe i Have the Criterion Edition of Hard Boiled...but the transfer is nothing to be desired...and isn't anamorphic....but the extra's are excellent. If HKL bought a better transfer i'd buy it and keep the Criterion to make the shelf look nice!! :rolleyes:

Question:

In which Armour of God did Jackie Chan fight those leather clad Bimbo's :p was it in 1 or 2? I can't remember...there was a a AOG 2 wasn't there??

p.s just bought Police Story dvd...gotta love jackie!!

Originally posted by kevb
Excellent I hope it's a good one.:D Any Idea when?

Nope. Nothing solid yet, just "next year".

I know I'm in a very small minority, but I can't abide Jackie Chan. The guy's a buffoon. I've got total respect for what he's done, I just hate his films without exception (and I've seen plenty:devil: )

If someone would release the old Shaw Brothers Lo Lieh flick Human Skin Lanterns I'd be skipping around the streets with joy like a little girl

Originally posted by Rambo John J
Nope. Nothing solid yet, just "next year".

I know I'm in a very small minority, but I can't abide Jackie Chan. The guy's a buffoon.

LOL!!!:D

Originally posted by loafer316
For those interested in Hong Kong films might know that Hong Kong Legends are bringing out John Woo's The Killer on DVD on the 21th October.

The transfer will be a proper widescreen anamorphic remastered and DD 5.1 mix job..hopefully as good as all their other releases.

I never got the Criterion Edition....which was never really a good transfer/non anamorphic and the auctions selling it for £165 seem silly now!!!. Instead i had the totally Pants!! Liber Fox sumthin jobby.

you can order the film from them direct for £14.99

http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/ or i think play are also selling it.

Heads up, bettr price here:
The Killer R2 is £13.99 at Bensonsworld, beating Play247 by one pound.
Link: The Killer

Boink!:D

Question:

In which Armour of God did Jackie Chan fight those leather clad Bimbo's :p was it in 1 or 2? I can't remember...there was a a AOG 2 wasn't there??

Armour of God 2 - Operation Condor. I think it was better than the first one, although the plot is paper thin (even more-so than usual). The Aztec bimbos fight was in the first one. Some great scenes in that, eg. when he kicks the girl jumping down in the legs and she cartwheels in mid air and slams her head off the ground.

Return question:

How good is the Killer? That's the film that is meant to be exactly like Reservoir Dogs but came out first, right? It shows more of the robbery?

You're thinking of Ringo Lam's City on Fire.
Personally I think it is better than Res Dogs, but that's just my opinion.

The Killer's a classic. Gunplay. Lots of gunplay.

As Rambo say splenty of shooting..which i like!!!:eek:

A lot of the scenes from Face Off were blantant rip-offs from The Killer i.e Church scene, two facing each other with guns etc etc. Chow Yun Fat is a class act!!! bought replacment killers only because of him.

Gunplay a plenty in The Killer, Hard Boiled (lost count how many ppl got killed in the hospital..lol) and Bullet In The Head...films which have influenced the likes of Tarentino etc.

Hard Boiled (lost count how many ppl got killed in the hospital..lol)

I think the only thing that comes close (and it's not too close) is when Arnie goes postal in the baddie HQ at the end of Commando. The bodycount gets so high it's just laughable. Oh how I sat there chuckling.....:clown:

If you watch Commando carefully you will see that many of those Kills are duplicated from different angles to increase Arnies body count!

I always thought he was a faker:rolleyes:
To be honest, I don't think I ever paid it enough attention to notice. Now you've got me curious Jenz you rogue :D

If you watch the region 2 disc he kills less people :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom