The K800i, the Nokia N80, W900i or E900? Need it to be future proof

titanman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I haven't kept up with the latest phones for a couple of years since buying my 6260 (big mistake). Anyway I want a new phone with 3g preferably, a decent-ish cam, some room for MP3s and upgradeable memory. I also want WLAN, but that is a want and not a need. It would be nice though.

I thought about the N91 but the comments about it put me off. I am leaning to the N80, W900i or K800i because they have more features, however the N80 does have WLAN which is appealing. I would also appreciate it if you could point me in the direction of some decent offers for the phones.

I MAY be moving to the USA in May, so would prefer a 12 month contract right now. I would consider an 18 month contract, but is there any way you could transfer your deal to an equivalent network in the US? Is this beyond the realms of common sense?

Thanks and I'd appreciate any other phones with the specs I've outlined. Cheers

prototype1981 said:
Hi all, I haven't kept up with the latest phones for a couple of years since buying my 6260 (big mistake). Anyway I want a new phone with 3g preferably, a decent-ish cam, some room for MP3s and upgradeable memory. I also want WLAN, but that is a want and not a need. It would be nice though.

I thought about the N91 but the comments about it put me off. I am leaning to the N80, W900i or K800i because they have more features, however the N80 does have WLAN which is appealing. I would also appreciate it if you could point me in the direction of some decent offers for the phones.

I MAY be moving to the USA in May, so would prefer a 12 month contract right now. I would consider an 18 month contract, but is there any way you could transfer your deal to an equivalent network in the US? Is this beyond the realms of common sense?

Thanks and I'd appreciate any other phones with the specs I've outlined. Cheers

Defo go for the N80 - Top Phone!

Yup go for the N80 - I think mines great! especially the Wifi on it. Only problems i've had are the usual Battery life and dodgy 2gb memory card.

WI-FI can be a real battery drainer. Just check this out, it might work out better to take a connection from a provider who provides unlimited Internet connection. Most of the generic stuff between a PC and the phone can be done using the buetooth connectivity.

No phone is going to be future-proof! Look for whether you have enough to satisfy your need.

Try the N70, it is more stable than the newer models. T-mobile web n' walk is an option you can consider.

HTH.

There is no way to transfer your deal to the USA. I would go for the K800!

hello folks, k800i simply as the camera is better

burnleypingu could you please email m with details of deal you posted in another thread, thanks

Mike

hybridlab said:
hello folks, k800i simply as the camera is better

burnleypingu could you please email m with details of deal you posted in another thread, thanks

Mike

Surely it needs more than just having a better camera. :confused: The over-all features of a phone are the key along with things like battery life, looks, size etc. Most people want a phone with a good camera but if photography is so key then get a real digital camera.

The N80 gets my vote especially if your looking at future proof. WiFi is the way forward, its got just about every connection type you'll need, S60 means you can install a wide range of applications. its got the best screen resolution of the lot. Right now I think only the soon to hit the shelves N93 has more features.

Only issue I have with the N80 is the battery life but I've noticed that its got a lot better after several full charges than the first week I had it plus I now have a spare battery, car charger and charger in the office aswell as home so all bases are covered.

Also consider the N73.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom