The Justice League: The Snyder Cut (2021)

Rate this film

• Total voters
Zack BvS.jpg

The Snyder Cut was greenlit by executives at WB's corporate overlord AT&T, reportedly against the wishes of the movie studio. Ultimately, if ZSJL is successful in driving up subscriber numbers for HBO Max there will be every incentive for AT&T to continue with the 'Snyderverse' on their streaming service. Warner Bros are largely irrelevant.

Which...I doubt there will be. Honestly I don't care for Snyder's interpretation. He'd make a very good batman, but he just hasn't done superman any kind of justice (pardon the pun) - you're right, subscriber numbers will matter, and I can't wait for it to show up on HBO max or sky atnlantic in the UK but...oh. Uh oh. Wait:

Unfortunately, UK fans may have more trouble getting their hands on the new cut, as it’s not believed HBO Max will be available in that territory.

However, Zack Snyder reassured international fans during the DC FanDome Panel, saying that he’s working on a distribution plans – “so I promise you, you’re going to get a chance to see it,” he said.

TV shows made by Warner Bros and HBO have often made their way to the UK before – including the Arrowverse superhero TV shows and Game of Thrones – so it seems likely that a deal will be struck to give UK fans a chance to watch the Snyder Cut in 2021.

Most HBO productions are broadcast in the UK via Sky Atlantic and NOW TV, but there has been no confirmation just yet about whether the Snyder Cut will follow suit.

Oh....Oh no.

I'll tell you something without any fear of repercussion - I won't be waiting til the summer or even possibly the winter to watch it. I'll be sailing the seven seas with reckless abandon where AT&T in all their...Let's call this wisdom - will make nothing on it apart from...Well not even that, because Virgin get my internet money.

Here's why, as a dichotomy disney win; they put all the pieces into place. They planned the release of disney plus YEARS before the thing actually launched, so that by the time they were ready to go global most of the content on offer was older content that most people weren't really fussed about a release schedule with, while distribution rights were pulled back from the rights of netflix.

I actually don't think Disney actually announced anything truly new while they were getting set up last year apart from programming, and this year it's all go with whatever they can get away with while filming around a pandemic.

Snyder Cut has been planned for...What? 2 years? 3 years? I guarantee you that it's going to sky store first; just like dune is and...whatever else they have coming because they're so myopic they didn't plan ahead and remember that there are countries outside of the US that would actually probably not mind paying for the Warner film archive on top of whatever gets offered on HBO max. it's actually almost laughable at how much incompetence both Viacom and AT&T continue to display when it comes to handling the digital age. There is absolutely no reason - No reason why they shouldn't be making bank, but instead they're both dying faster than the dinosaurs did when their environment turned sour on them.

This is a death throe; they're going to get eaten alive by a mega conglomerate that does know how to handle the digital age, and understands that a lack of simultaneous global distribution IS possible now, and they're going to get stripped bear of their assets and become as irrelevant as hollywood is.

And I welcome it.

Last edited:
Looks about 15x better than the original version

Yes. I remember distinctly as a child, running around in a red cape and sudenly stopping and saying to my mum "mum, instead of all this christopher reeve rubbish, do you think I could have a dour, unhappy, chronically depressed superman that is more like batman in many ways, and maybe, just maybe also have all of the colours washed out of the film so that every scene looks like $h1t brown, and even if we're lucky have a score in which the primary instrument will be a foghorn to go along with the boisterous sound mixing that, upon further reflection as i'm watching it at home to find the bits in there that i liked, I can hold onto the remote in desperate terror so that I can avoid all the explosions and try to make out the dialogue which will probably be drowned out by percussion?

Also...Mum? Do you think this could come off the back of a film that should have clearly been a two part release that the studio cynically planned to milk as much money out of the franchise as possible, only to then decide that they wanted to make one movie after all, forcing the poor bastard that's directing the damned thing to kill superman in a rushed, incoherent way that made very little sense to anyone that's lovingly curated these comics SINCE THEIR BIRTH, thereby wrecking the entire franchise because they'll probably stop buying stuff like comics and sideshow collectibles as a result?

And also mum...Do you think THAT movie could possibly come off the back of a superman movie where outright snaps a neck, levels a town AND. a city causing a death toll that hits the thousands, just to make a classic superhero that's been beloved...BELOVED I tell you for 80 years "contemporary" to a bunch of dullards who get off on batman, think joker is an antihero and PROBABLY should have just stuck with fapping over a guy. I don't know. let's call him chris and his over exaggerated ability?

Mum. Mum? Are you listening, because I'd love that. Also I think I just snapped someone's neck with my red cape to get the ball rolling."

Yes. I remember saying that quite clearly.

If you need me, I think i'll be drowning myself in a bottle of JD and watching Captain America. At least Joe Johnston seems to understand heroism.

As a general aside from my rant, please understand that as someone who suports artistry, i love that Snyder is getting to realise his vision - I really do. Visiually I think that he's great but he's no...Let's go for David Ayer or Fincher, but still a good director with no small potential for aesthetics; I just really don't like his take on the DCEU.

For me there's nothing wrong with taking some lessons learned by disney in the MCU and not making as big a foul up with their franchise as Sony has with sipder-man...With that said, I'm angry as a whole with the mistreatment of the DC properties. The comics are starting to quite literally fold because no one's buying the comics as the artists are indulging in no small amount of woke BSery and preachiness, no one's buying the statues anymore, and it makes me a little sad.

I love Superman, and the flash, and green lantern and wonder woman. I mean...Batman is kind of....eh for me unless Grant Morrison wrote it but hey! At least I don't completely hate him.

I just want to apologise for my passion. I know I can be overbearing. This is a thing I love and it hurts when I think a thing i love is being treated badly.

Aww man I'm excited! HBO Max is installed on my nvidia shield and ready to go. Tried a bit of the 1st WW to check out their Dolby Vision streaming quality and I'm impressed. As good as Apple and Disney. Bring on March 18th! Something to look forward to in these trying times. I'm away to watch that trailer for the 5th time 😍.

Well I think it looks great, obviously not streaming over here on the 18th march so off to the internet I go, so glad for IPTV these days, you would think by now these companies would learn that to battle piracy etc is quite easy these days, release worldwide via any streaming service even if you need to make a deal with a competitor abroad.

Yes. I remember distinctly as a child, running around in a red cape and sudenly stopping and saying to my mum "mum, instead of all this christopher reeve rubbish, do you think I could have a dour, unhappy, chronically depressed superman that is more like batman in many ways, and maybe, just maybe also have all of the colours washed out of the film so that every scene looks like $h1t brown, and even if we're lucky have a score in which the primary instrument will be a foghorn to go along with the boisterous sound mixing that, upon further reflection as i'm watching it at home to find the bits in there that i liked, I can hold onto the remote in desperate terror so that I can avoid all the explosions and try to make out the dialogue which will probably be drowned out by percussion?

Also...Mum? Do you think this could come off the back of a film that should have clearly been a two part release that the studio cynically planned to milk as much money out of the franchise as possible, only to then decide that they wanted to make one movie after all, forcing the poor bastard that's directing the damned thing to kill superman in a rushed, incoherent way that made very little sense to anyone that's lovingly curated these comics SINCE THEIR BIRTH, thereby wrecking the entire franchise because they'll probably stop buying stuff like comics and sideshow collectibles as a result?

And also mum...Do you think THAT movie could possibly come off the back of a superman movie where outright snaps a neck, levels a town AND. a city causing a death toll that hits the thousands, just to make a classic superhero that's been beloved...BELOVED I tell you for 80 years "contemporary" to a bunch of dullards who get off on batman, think joker is an antihero and PROBABLY should have just stuck with fapping over a guy. I don't know. let's call him chris and his over exaggerated ability?

Mum. Mum? Are you listening, because I'd love that. Also I think I just snapped someone's neck with my red cape to get the ball rolling."

Yes. I remember saying that quite clearly.

If you need me, I think i'll be drowning myself in a bottle of JD and watching Captain America. At least Joe Johnston seems to understand heroism.
To be fair I don’t ever recall as a child running around asking for a more serious darker vengeful Batman either. Never saw a problem with the very silly campy Batman that I absolutely loved because I Was A Child.
As far as Superman goes, well you got a movie in the same vein as the Reeve era in that of Superman Returns which pretty much everyone slated.

For me personally I don’t have an issue with the more darker Man of Steel or BvS and quite enjoy watching them on repeated viewings.

I've never watched the rebooted Superman because Zack Synder made it. But I did love Christopher Reeves first rendition as it displayed hope and peace. Superman II too. Sadly all Synder wants to do is display the darker side of people. Very depressing and no wonder that commercially Marvel has kicked WB in the nuts because apart from a few jems (like SHAZAM!) WB have handled the comic book superhero genre VERY badly.

I liked Snyders first couple of movies* but his handling of the DC Universe has been appallingly bad compared to Marvel.

*300 and The Dawn of The Dead remake. Watchmen was... OK.

Will this have black bars on the side when we watch it like int the trailer?

If it’s 4:3 then yes, if it’s in 16:9 then no.

I'm sure I saw one of Snyder's Vero posts where he said it would be 1:66:1 so there will be small black bars at the side? Unless he's changed his mind since then and it's 4:3.

Snyder has got a real hard on for the 4:3 ratio he stated his preferred way to see it is 4:3 IMAX in. Black and white (on an imax screen)
Looks like we’ll be getting the 4:3 version, but colour thankfully. I think he’s gone a bit up his own arse on this one.
I was genuinely very excited about this but the new trailer makes it look AWFUL!
the CG of Steppenwolf & Darskseid seems amateurish at best & unfinished at worst.
One of the saving graces for me is the reinstated Junkie XL score with the earlier themes coming back into play.
I’ll be watching it the weekend of release but I’m lowering my expectations massively & i say that as a big fan of MoS & BvS:extended cut.

I'm sure I saw one of Snyder's Vero posts where he said it would be 1:66:1 so there will be small black bars at the side? Unless he's changed his mind since then and it's 4:3.
Yeah I posted a screenshot of Snyder saying that earlier on
3357F355-7969-4EC3-9D72-3D456EA4190F.jpeg

Yeah seems that would mean smaller black bars to the sides
1613336969742.jpeg

More picture real estate that whatever swmbo is watching on ITV

One option of course is to just turn off screen fit on your tv and the black bars will be hidden by the overscan.

That is true, but that means messing with my perfect setup!!! :mad::laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom