The Justice League: The Snyder Cut (2021)

Rate this film

• Total voters
1608744203449.png

Now I am really looking forward to this. I’ll watch anything Batman related. And didn’t really mind the original

have to ask, what’s wrong with superman’s arm in that pic ?

Is anything going to have any kind of cinema release?

70m for an a-list, star-studded tent-pole film to release on their new streaming service seems a no-brainer.

70m for an a-list, star-studded tent-pole film to release on their new streaming service seems a no-brainer.

especially when 20 million gets you a 5 minute Christian Bale cameo and a Heath Ledger deep fake to kick start the multiverse 😂

I think Warner Bros DC has lacked focus from the very onset when they created their Justice Universe.
In my eyes their standalone movies are pretty decent with the Dark Knight Trilogy and The Man of Steel being my favorites.

They really messed things up with then tried to bring the different characters into the multi-character movies. This is where MCU movies grew from strength to strength.

Warner Bros DC should have given each of their characters to grow first in 2-3 stand a long movies and then added more story cross overs including appearances of the other super hero's in each others movies to set things up.

DC's Joker was pretty good and the new Batman looks good too but from my understanding, these are just their own movies.

As it stands, I don't think any superhero movie saga will ever beat the 23 movies that came out of the MCU.

I'd much rather watch it on Blu to be honest.

Sooner this damn Snyder Cut comes and goes, the better. The hyperbole and expectations are frustrating and bemusing in equal measure.

Hopefully when it does see the light of day people will remember it's a Zach Snyder film and therefore won't be very good. He can polish this turd for another few years and it'll still be mediocre.

I'm curious to see it and expect a significant improvement on the original version. But let's not expect a good movie, people.

I just watched BvS Snyder Cut again and while I like aspects of it and respect its ambition, its still an unholy mess; nonsensical character motivations and so agonisingly pretentious, pompous and self-important. I expect JL:SC to be more of the same.

I'm now realising that the 'best' DCEU films are either Man of Steel or Wonder Woman, which demonstrates how mediocre the entire franchise is.

This is getting quite serious now I think. Removing Ray/Cyborg from The Flash film is not going down well.

Dropping on HBO max on 18/3/21 just been tweeted by Snyder

There was also this interview from the past few days.

Here's the relevant bit:

CinemaBlend writer Sean O'Connell has penned a book chronicling the entire Snyder Cut saga, titled Release the Snyder Cut. In it, O'Connell spoke to Snyder about his real reasons for departing Justice League. The previously given explanation was the death of his daughter led to his exit, but now Snyder has opened up more about what caused him to step away. Snyder said:

"I just was kind of done with it. I was in this place of [knowing] my family needs me more than this bullshit, and I just need to honor them and do the best I can to heal that world. I had no energy to fight [the studio], and fight for [the movie]. Literally, zero energy for that. I really think that’s the main thing. I think there’s a different world where I stayed and kind of tried. And I’m sure I could have . . . because every movie is a fight, right? I was used to that. But I just did not have the [energy]. There was no fight in me. I had been beaten by what was going on in my life and I just didn’t want to, I didn’t care to . . . that was kind of where I was."

I know that many of us have had issues with his previous films but it did sound like an unpleasant working environment, particularly given what he was going through. The book sounds intriguing too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom