The Justice League: The Snyder Cut (2021)

Rate this film

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Warner Bros & DC trying to assemble the Justice League...

Justice-League-dc.jpg

George Miller tried to make 'Justice League: Mortal' a few years ago but due to the writers strike and other production complications the film was postponed. Marvel are already assembling their Avengers project, now Warner Bros are getting into the mix, they are hoping to have both Chris Nolan's Batman 3 and Superman project done by Christmas 2012, according to IESB, WB & DC are in the planning stages for the Justice League movie. So what about the other JL members?

At WonderCon convention in San Francisco a few weeks ago, Geoff Johns — the newly appointed Chief Creative Officer for DC Entertainment — told fans that he was not at liberty to discuss DC's current film plans.
"We're trying to bring everything together, but everything comes from the comics," he said, according to Coming Soon. "You'll see in the coming months how it's going to be better integrated. I'm really excited about it, but it's so early, I can't get into details yet."

As for when Johns would be able to discuss DC Entertainment's plans in greater detail, the "Blackest Night" writer cryptically teased: "We'll talk in San Diego."

Despite his tight-lipped responses, Johns offered very brief updates on "The Flash" and "Wonder Woman." He stated that "The Flash" is certainly in development, though he wouldn't discuss any potential casting or crew involvement. On the "Wonder Woman" front, Johns said that there are no updates but "everyone at DC wants to see it."

As for the eventual Justice League of America movie, well Nolan has stated in a past interview that he believes Batman cannot exist in the same world as Superman and other actual superheroes. So some back peddling needed there, so now Warner Bros/DC are trying to figure out how he can. IESB go on to say;
Our sources are telling us there is a chronology in play with these movies. Batman Begins is being specifically referred to as "Action Comics #1." Translation: Nolan's Batman is the first (and only) superhero around. During Batman Begins that is. As well as The Dark Knight that is going by "Action Comics #2."

What would be the third "issue," you ask? Martin Campbell's Green Lantern. In fact, there are still on-going talks to make references to Gotham City if not Batman himself. And although Superman himself isn't around just yet in this time-line, Clark Kent does exist in Smallville - the fictional town in Kansas, not the television series. You just know somebody is going make that assumption. At the moment, that's where the "comic series" stops.

So for you good folks saying how Batman (as played by Christian Bale) couldn't co-exist with Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern and whatever no-name actor cast as the next Superman, WB/DC are hard at work to make it all make sense.

Yet another attempt? DC's attempts at doing JLA are laughable compared to Marvel's overall design to make The Avengers. Several stand alone films featuring Batman and Superman while Marvel are building up brilliantly by introducing all the characters hinting at The Avengers.

Bri

Jay Baruchel (The Sorcerer's Apprentice), who was to star in George Miller's cancelled 'Justice League' film, says;

"I'll just say this, if we had been able to make the movie that we had gone down [to Australia] to rehearse, if you had seen the production art I'd seen ... it would've been the coolest thing ever. It would have been the neatest vision of Batman and the coolest vision of Superman you've ever seen. It would have been dark and fairly brutal and quite gory and just $#%@-ng epic."

At SDCC last month, Geoff Johns (DC's Chief Creative Officer) avoided any direct answers regarding the possibility of reviving the project, but he did hint that the success of Green Lantern would determine any future DC franchise flicks, including Justice League.

latest news today suggests they plan to do the movie without Superman/Batman and introduce them at a later point...

Might work this way but they need to put clever easter eggs in Batman 3 and Superman Man Of Steel to get the ball rolling.

latest news today suggests they plan to do the movie without Superman/Batman and introduce them at a later point...

Might work this way but they need to put clever easter eggs in Batman 3 and Superman Man Of Steel to get the ball rolling.

Can you really see Nolan bowing down to do this kind of thing? Also there doesn't appear to be any real game plan with DC's output unlike Marvel.

Bri

When they reveled the Origins of the JLA in issue 9 It was The Flash's idea to form the team and Bats and Sups declined to join (albeit were part of the plot) as they were far too busy but said they help out if needed

Last edited:
Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics

Fans might want to pick this documentary up in November on DVD.

Warner Home Video has announced Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics, a new documentary on the famed comic book publishing company, will be released on DVD on November 9, 2010.

The documentary will be written and directed by Mac Carter and narrated by Ryan Reynolds. It will include interviews with numerous influential comic creators, including Neal Adams, Dan DiDio, Neil Gaiman, Geoff Johns, Jim Lee, Dwayne McDuffie, Len Wein, Marv Wolfman, and more.

YouTube - Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics Official DVD Trailer

Secret-Origin-cover-art.jpg

I'm really not sold on a Justice League movie.

The way it's been handled with the animated series was perfect.
I dont think this would translate well to a full blown live movie.

I just think there is too much to handle with this one.

I'm still not convinced the Avengers one will work either but at least Marvel are setting it up better IMO.

I just think the JLA should stay in animated form.

I'll be watching this with interest though...Always preferred the JLA over the Avengers

Neil

I'm really not sold on a Justice League movie.

The way it's been handled with the animated series was perfect.
I dont think this would translate well to a full blown live movie.

agreed....the episode where superman and batman fight darkseid was excellent!!

agreed....the episode where superman and batman fight darkseid was excellent!!

I simply love that episode.

It's my morning ritual now before work watching them all over again on CITV @ 7:45 :D :D

I've got them all on Region 1 DVD but cant help watching them again ;)

Is it just me or did Bruce Timm & Paul Dini make the best cartoon series??

Neil

where abouts did you get them from and have you got them all on 1 dvd.... more importantly which DVD is that episode on.... ???

sorry for all the questions, not seen it in AGES and would love to get a copy!!:D

where abouts did you get them from and have you got them all on 1 dvd.... more importantly which DVD is that episode on.... ???

sorry for all the questions, not seen it in AGES and would love to get a copy!!:D

It'll be this one.

"Twilight (Of The Gods)"

The League is tricked into defending Apokolips, Darkseid's homeworld against the threat of Brainiac. The team solicits the aid of the New Gods, including Orion, Lightray, and Highfather. The resulting destruction of Brainiac's base is thought to be the end of Darkseid, until the events of the JLU episode "Alive," where he is inadvertently reconstituted by Lex Luthor.

List of Justice League episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really enjoyed most of the Justice League episodes but was very much less keen on the Unlimited series.

Bri

It'll be this one.

"Twilight (Of The Gods)"

The League is tricked into defending Apokolips, Darkseid's homeworld against the threat of Brainiac. The team solicits the aid of the New Gods, including Orion, Lightray, and Highfather. The resulting destruction of Brainiac's base is thought to be the end of Darkseid, until the events of the JLU episode "Alive," where he is inadvertently reconstituted by Lex Luthor.

List of Justice League episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really enjoyed most of the Justice League episodes but was very much less keen on the Unlimited series.

Bri

I'm not so sure I seem to remember it being the JL Unlimited episode "Destroyer" where Darkseid comes back & Lex, Batman & Supes bash him about

Havent seen either in a liong time though so cant be sure

Neil

I'm not so sure I seem to remember it being the JL Unlimited episode "Destroyer" where Darkseid comes back & Lex, Batman & Supes bash him about

Havent seen either in a liong time though so cant be sure

Neil

You'll be right as haven't seen many of the Unlimited episodes.

Bri

You'll be right as haven't seen many of the Unlimited episodes.

Bri

Just started watching "Alive" ready to watch this one I'd forgotten how great it is :)
Shame they were the last episode's they made :(

Neil

You know guys I just spotted this thread and was going to start ranting about how they don't need to do a film and never should have stopped doing the animated version but obviously I'm in good company. Anyones fave version of batman the animated series?

I just watched that episode yesterday morning I was looking for information the reason for the cancellation on one of the JLU documentaries but did not find it, I did note how much effort and love of the product went into the cartoon.

Reason I understand was the station dropped it for a crap Fantastic Four series, the FF film was out at the time so I suppose they wanted to jump on the bandwagon.

Last edited:
Justice League is back in the news that Warner Bros. new studio president, Jeff Robinov, in an interview with the L.A Times, he says very briefly just they plan to release it in 2013. Seems unrealistic, they better get their skates on.

Last edited:
Plans to reboot Batman for Justice League film!

Update on the above post, seems it is true that for Warner president Justice League film will be top priority.

WB president Jeff Robinov on that Christopher Nolan's Batman not being able to fit into the Justice League universe;
“We have the third Batman, but then we’ll have to reinvent Batman.” To clarify, the reporter asks Robinov if he plans to reboot the Batman franchise after The Dark Knight Rises and he responds without hesitation, "I do. Chris Nolan and [producing partner and wife] Emma Thomas will be producing it, so it will be a conversation with them about what the next phase is.”

As for all the other JC characters like Wonder Woman, The Flash, seems like get them into the Justice League film first and then give the characters spin-off films.

so Nolan isn't leaving the Batman franchise after all?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom