The Jungle Book Review

Damn , I was hoping for a poor showing as it's a favourite of the better half. Looks like i will dragged out for our next outing at the pics.

Kidding as the trailer hooked us from the start , looks fantastic. Cheers for the review.

Wow didn't see this coming as the trailers looked pretty "questionable" at best. I think it is pretty brave for Disney to tackle their back catalogue of animations as they are pretty much still relevant to even the youngest generation ...

Sydney IMAX it is!

Not sure why but I was expecting a 6 at best for this. Will have to go and see it now

I am assuming this isn't suitable for my 5 year old daughter then if there is 'extra peril'? She loves the original, but I see this is a PG rather than a U...

I'm torn between this and Eye in the Sky tonight?

I am assuming this isn't suitable for my 5 year old daughter then if there is 'extra peril'? She loves the original, but I see this is a PG rather than a U...

Interested to know the answer to this too. My kids are quite sensitive and get scared easily, but they loved the trailer...

Wow didn't see this coming as the trailers looked pretty "questionable" at best. I think it is pretty brave for Disney to tackle their back catalogue of animations as they are pretty much still relevant to even the youngest generation ...

Interested to know the answer to this too. My kids are quite sensitive and get scared easily, but they loved the trailer...

There were quite a few young kids in the screening I was at, and they didn't seem to get scared at all. That being said, I personally thought there were a few dicey moments (fights between animals/Mowgli being chased etc), so maybe worth seeing it on your own first to decide?

defo one I want to see with the family so 3D Imax it will be

Saw this just now with my 7 year old boy, there were much younger children in the cinema and they all seemed to love it. Very good film, amazing special effects.. Well worth watching :smashin::smashin::smashin:

Simply NOT to BE missed. To be able to get to this level of natural in a cgi picture is simply scary and stunning. Didn't expect that at all..can't wait to have it at home... A UHD blu Ray of this movie will become a must have classic

As for children age, my son is 7 and handled it well. I will not take 5 and below to this movie as some parts could be quite scary for them...(less so at home)

Got a screening of this on my Medicinema tomorrow afternoon. Operators privelage it is in for best seat in the house it is then!

Thanks for the review, my expectations wasn't that high when I heard about the movie. Looking forward to seeing it soon.

Went to see this today in 3D Imax...with the family

Literally the perfect family movie...wouldn't take very little ones though...hard to find a fault...captures the spirit of the original but more than makes it's own mark..

10/10 for me

Great review and for once I'm glad to see 3D getting some praise. My sister and we one are just back and they loved it. She said go and see it in 3D if you can...its a fantastic sensory experience.

NB*Interesting that the best reviewed 3D movies are all NATIVE 3D NOT conversions.

Really enjoyed this, went this afternoon with the family based on the praise its been getting. Well and truly justified, my only very minor negative..

.. King Louie becoming a cave troll..

was lucky enough to get to see it at the premiere at BFI Imax last week, I loved it!

My brother in law said my nephew (bit younger than your daughter) was scared but enjoyed it. A woman had to take her daughter out at the screening I attended, and she looked older than five. There are a few jumpy moments and personally I would exercise caution with more sensitive children, but that's mainly because my mum let me watch Jaws when I was about five and it traumatised me!

My brother in law said my nephew (bit younger than your daughter) was scared but enjoyed it. A woman had to take her daughter out at the screening I attended, and she looked older than five. There are a few jumpy moments and personally I would exercise caution with more sensitive children, but that's mainly because my mum let me watch Jaws when I was about five and it traumatised me!
Jaws did the same to me!!! Wasn't helped by my dad buying a wind up Jaws toy and throwing in in my bath about a week later...:eek::eek::devil:

Jaws did the same to me!!! Wasn't helped by my dad buying a wind up Jaws toy and throwing in in my bath about a week later...:eek::eek::devil:
Haha! I was convinced sharks were going to get me at the swimming baths/beach for some time after! I didn't watch it again until I was in my teens and I think it's part of the reason I'm such a horror wuss to this day (although ironically Jaws is now one of my favourite films).

Yes, it looks stunning, but I have a problem with anthropomorphism in films, it works in literature and in animated films, but not in live action films, except for Planet of the Apes maybe. Also they probably stick to the Disney version of the story, which makes me cringe at the thought of the "updated/live action" versions of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and the Hunchback of Notre-Dame.

Think I'll take this with a pinch of salt after your earlier review of Eddie the Eagle where you highly praised it but it came away with a six and you never bothered to reply to any of our comments.

(Yes I'm still bitter, and I probably shouldn't be... but we all wanted to know SO BADLY why you only gave it a six! :()

Last edited:
Think I'll take this with a pinch of salt after your earlier review of Eddie the Eagle where you highly praised it but it came away with a six and you never bothered to reply to any of our comments.

(Yes I'm still bitter, and I probably shouldn't be... but we all wanted to know SO BADLY why you only gave it a six! :()

LOL ... It was a review that was written...not a question and answer session. The topic is discussion...so we the people can discuss...

ps - I agree...I did wonder about the 6....more of a 7 hahahaha

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom