The joys of plasma panel depreciation

Olaup

Banned
2 yrs old , cost £2499 , a buy it now totally out of proportion to current pricing for new models . In the current climate some of the 2nd hand prices being asked are unfortunately too high as they are based on what people paid & not what they should be in comparison to new . As a prospective buyer my brother is looking at pricing intently , best price for a new PWD8 is £725 with £50 delivery & 3 years warranty so some perspective needs to be applied to 2nd hand pricing on older units . PWD5's going for £650 on Ebay is sheer madness , that's auctions for you I suppose .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220062093155&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:UK:1

Jonstone

It is worth bearing in mind however, that most people on these forums would not walk into a high street retailer like Comet and pay the prices there, but some people do so it is these prices that some people compare against the ebay prices.

If you also factor in the general lack of knowledge amongst the general public on the subject (if you did a random poll of the general public I bet most of them wouldn't know the difference between hd ready and hd compatible) then to them £650 for a 2 year old panasonic plasma might not seem so bad compared to £1200 for a new hd one in their local high street retailer.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom