1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The joys of Girder (or not)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Orbital, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Orbital

Orbital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All,

I've recently bought an Accent HCPC case and along with it the Samsung 2x16 parallel port VFD. The case is the danglies and I’m more than pleased with it, but now I’ve started the less than inviting task of using Girder along with the LCD and DVDspy plugin’s to capture the status and elapsed time outputs from WinDVD 4.

Now things were going rather well. The test for the LCD plugin worked fine after installation and the VFD sprang into life. So all was well there. Next was the DVDspy plugin (which is a mare to install) but again all seemed to go OK and I did a bit of Girder jiggery pokery and got DVDspy to capture the name of a newly inserted DVD and also to capture the player status of WinDVD (i.e. playing, paused, stopped etc) all displayed via the VFD. Marvellous I thought! This is easy.

Next thing I wanted to do was show the elapsed time and chapter information. This is where it’s all gone a bit Pete Tong (wrong). When showing the elapsed time instead of getting the correct format of

00:00:00

I’m just getting the middle two digits like this

:00:

Not a lot of use really. No matter what I’ve tried I can’t get it to display the elapsed time correctly. As far as the chapter output goes this is an easy one to explain, as I’m not getting any output at all for that one. All very odd.

So have any of you HCPC guru’s got any ideas what might be going wrong here? As I’ve ran out of ideas. Or does anyone know of an easier way of capturing the output from WinDVD and displaying it via the VFD?