the journey on how i became a ps3 owner

lol thanks oggie, yeah i believe i have, dont get me wrong im not slating 360 just saying that when it works, and u get a good game on the 360 its great... but in my experience the 360 went from one problem to another and in turn ruined the whole experience....

I mean i always had it well ventilated, powerpack off the floor on a mini stand i made to keep the air circulating etc, always had it sitting on a stand horizontal etc.... and everytime something new would happen, rrod, freezing, pixelation of bootup, no bootup lol... the list goes on. I just lost any faith with it... and to be honest over time it did get to the stage where youre afraid to turn the damn thing on incase of a failure or some problem coming up....

fair play to anyone who has had theirs from lauch i am definately not one of the lucky ones lol... but hey nothings 100% flawlees.... fingers crossed ps3 will be smooth sailing lol.... its suprising how quiet it is compared to 360 lol

anyhow thanks for listening, just thought someone would like to know more on how i decided to go for ps3

good man, like your post. as you said you are just telling your story, hopefully it will be happier one now that you have a ps3 :D i know i have become much happier since changed from 360 to ps3 :smashin:

Wow, you did have a bad run. I think unless you really made good use of Live, switching shouldn't be too bad. PS3 is a great piece of kit, there are some great exclusives coming and, of course, it gets all the multiplatform games.

The whole hardware reliability (and noise while playing games) issue has done untold damage to the Xbox brand. Who knows what could have been, because whilst I agree with the general sentiment here that the PS3 is a better built product, the 360 is still a better gaming console (IMO).

I had one 360 fail but fortunately it was within a year and Game swapped it. Both my 360s have lived in a cupboard the entire time (so no noise, but a warm cupboard).

Anyway... Happy PS3ing.

because of the rrod issue, i can see this having a big effect on when MS release there next gen console has many will be too scared to buy ti when it first comes out

Wow, you did have a bad run. I think unless you really made good use of Live, switching shouldn't be too bad. PS3 is a great piece of kit, there are some great exclusives coming and, of course, it gets all the multiplatform games.

The whole hardware reliability (and noise while playing games) issue has done untold damage to the Xbox brand. Who knows what could have been, because whilst I agree with the general sentiment here that the PS3 is a better built product, the 360 is still a better gaming console (IMO).

I had one 360 fail but fortunately it was within a year and Game swapped it. Both my 360s have lived in a cupboard the entire time (so no noise, but a warm cupboard).

Anyway... Happy PS3ing.

I think that the 360 is the better online console as things stand, but for single player stuff they are pretty even and I personally prefer the PS3 for that. The PS3 has got better online, with at least in game friends lists and invites, but I don't think it will really compete with Live until they finally get Home out.

Home could see Sony take the lead in the online side of things, but I guess that's still an unknown. Live is here and has been working well since the days of the XBox.

I always have thought that MS have got it very right with Live though as online gaming is just so accessable through it. It is a shame that the hardware has let them down this generation (as the XBox was about as solid a console as you will ever get - I think one did break when it fell off the back of a lorry somewhere in the alps, but that's about it. :D) and it clearly has and will continue to cause damage to the brand.

Some good posts on here, I feel sorry for people who have had problems with there 360's, I've had one fail on me myself which had to be replaced but to go through 5 or 6 consoles is beyond a joke.

I've had a PS3 before and did like the console a lot, for one it was extremely quiet, then there was the build quality and reliability, it felt like it would survive a nuclear blast.

However being a big online gamer, most of my friends play on Xbox Live, I felt that it still had a long way to go to compete with the 360. This was the main reason I sold mine, however being the typical bloke like most people on these forums, I am thinking of purchasing another one.

This is mainly for exclusives like GT5P and Haze etc, I'm hoping that Home will dramatically improve the online side of things for the PS3 but when is it out?

There's no doubting the quality of the PS3 (I own a Wii as well), it's just that I keep going back to the old faithful 360. I like racing games, Cas I know you wax lyrical about GT5P and the G25 wheel, would you say it's worth having one for that alone and are there any racing games on the horizon (I know there's Grid) that will take advantage of the G25?

the next major firmware or xmb update 2.4 will include full support for accessing your buddy list whilsts playing a game!

pretty much what LIVE does so imo its getting tehre in terms of online functionality

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom