the Jamo A102 set is it worth spending £250 to get locally - N.Ireland

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by DES-Lite, Jan 10, 2008.

1. DES-Lite

DES-Lite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive traced some locally(ish) but they are looking £250 as opposed to lambdas £185 is it worth the extra in terms of hassle should anything goes wrong. I was speaking to the Jamo irish supplier and was told they only support products from their authorised (domestic resellers) meaning it would have to go back to the mailland (and who pays for the packing etc)?

Also they were recommending getting the extra 2 speakers but for near £100 surely i'd be better getting the £180 set as a spare or adiitionional 2.1 system than doing that

2. googlebox99

googlebox99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    When you say they suggest the extra pair, you mean you are looking for 7.1?

Is your room big enough to take advantage of it? My 5.1 Jamo set fills mine up like a dream.

For the sake of £50, if they have to be sent to the mainland to be repaired, I would get them locally.

3. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    I second the need for 7.1 and is it worth the money/hassle. Unless you sit in the middle of the room so that the rears are well behind you, it is a waste of money because all you will end up with is 4 speakers wrapped around your head. I now know of two people who have reverted back to 5.1 because of that reason.
    Try finding a 7.1 movie to buy?
    The amp has to share it's limited power over more channels.
    Example my Av amp quotes @ 6.1 all channels driven = 80watts/channel, @ 5.1 all channels driven = 100watts/channel and if I do the maths with its 615watt power supply that equates.

4. ellisbailey

ellisbailey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I am in the same situation as you.

I can get these from my local shop but they want £250 for them.

I am tempted though because as you say, should anything go wrong it makes life easier. Also there is no waiting for delivery etc and the like.

I guess you pay a premium for conveinence!