The James Bond Tin

wolfeh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me what the dvd's inside the recently issued (then recalled) james bond box set tin are like? Were they just the special etd films that are on play just stuck in a tin?
Thanks

I do not have the box set but I have seen my mates and they are all the last editions that were released as single DVDs (SE). Some of the UK discs are cut though; even checking on a well known web site did not point them out.:mad:

Originally posted by Marcus Wood
Which UK discs are cut and where?
Two that spring to mind are in Licence to Kill is the decompression scene, it does not show the full scene of the head exploding although probably a second at the most. I was show in the cinemas and on the first showing on TV but has since been edited out on TV and on the UK disc.
Tomorrow Never Dies has a couple(?) of scenes cut with martial arts in I know one is because of the use of throwing stars.

Hi,

Most of the post 1989 Bond films have been cut. As such, "GoldenEye", "Tomorrow Never Dies", "Licence To Kill", and the other 12-certificate Pierce Brosnan Bond flicks have all been cut, either to remove excessive violence, or have had the sound of bullets and hand-to-hand combat scenes toned down, to make them sound less fierce.

Try using the BBFC website to check which films have been cut or not, or do a simple Net search of "censored Bond films", and that should get you a complete list.

On a side note, anyone else think that ITv cutting "Dr No" for the umpteenth time, for violent content, seems to be extracting the urine at little too much? Check it out, as it's on this week on ITV, at 8pm, though I can't remember which night.

Pooch

The explosion on my brothers R2 Pal of Goldeneye (the missle 180' helicopter scene) sounds rubbish.. really muffled explosion.. The R1 shakes the house..

I remember ITV hacking Live and Let Die to bits, they even cut the scene where the guy with one arm (Tee Hee) cutting is way out of a sack on the train near the end of the film.

:E
The reason I asked as the r2 box set recently appeared on choicesdirect and I was thinking of getting it, but if they have been butchered up as bad as you say (I dont mind some scenes being cut, but if the sounds toned down it kinda spoils a film), then I might give it a miss and hold out for the next release (assuming theres going to be one).

wolfeh

Bond movies with cuts in the UK

Goldeneye. Blows and sounds
Tomorrow Never Dies. Blows and sounds

License To Kill is a strange one. Garrett is right, the head explosion was shown in UK and US theatrical prints and was shown once on ITV, a while ago.

However, the head shot has now been exchanged for a reaction shot in both US and UK DVD and video versions. I beleive there is a now deleted scandanavian video print that may have contained this scene.

Basicly, it has gone from all major prints distributed by MGM. This keeps the film strictly within the PG-13 criteria laid down by the MPAA. It is still rated 15 in the UK.

Technically, not a cut, as it has not been carried out by censorship body. More of a case of revised editing by the distribtor.

I have US copies of the 2 Brosnan DVD's as they are uncut in R1 format. I managed to get some spare R2 covers so that they still all match when on the shelf.

Sad, I know.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom